PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 AM #1
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

I was a bad boy now I wanna join the army.

Well I was unfortunate enough to get a DUI, well not really. it eventually got dropped to a reckless driving. So im on proby for it and in three months I should be off take it I finish my stupid community service hours which suck monkey balls. I also just got put on a pretrial interventionj for another case. Im not a convicted felon by any means & would just like to know what the probability rating from you guys of getting my pretrial intervention dismissed so i can enlist. Should I try and get a BCT date so i can show it to the state attorney's office? Or will the military allow that?
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2008, 09:32 AM #2
TWEAKd

i dont believe you can enlist with unresolved legal problems, but once everything is resolved depending on the charges you might just have to get a waiver.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 AM #3
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Well I talked to my PTI ( pre-trial intervention ) officer & he said people have done it before so unless laws have changed then it is possable to have probation terminated. Its all up to the judge or state attorney.And Its not a matter of joining the military WHILE being on probation/pretrial service its a matter of getting it TERMINATED for the reason of enlistment is what I was inquiring about.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:00 AM #4
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
How about you take care of your 'life issues' before joining. If you are undergoing some sort of adjudication process the Army isn't going to be very interested in you, particularly seeing as how it is related to you making a really bad decision (driving drunk).

Last edited by berserker19 : 10-05-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:18 AM #5
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEAKd View Post
i dont believe you can enlist with unresolved legal problems, but once everything is resolved depending on the charges you might just have to get a waiver.
Right, you can't ship out with an unpaid ticket, much less what you're going through. They might be able to get the waiver(s) rolling, but it depends on your local recruiting office too. The station I went through made over their quotas all the time, so they were pickier about who they let through. They turned down one kid for a small shoplifting charge he had as a minor, while in some places they're handing out waivers to felons.

Your best bet is seeing a recruiter.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 AM #6
berserker19

Yes, but recruiting station commanders can only pre-screen potential recruits to make sure they don't waste their time. The ultimate deciding authority for any waivers is branch, not the recruiters. Pretty much what you said but I wanted to clarify that.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:13 PM #7
pbnoob9988
Everyday Normal Guy

pbnoob9988 supports Cereal Killerz 2
If you are joining to try and get your DUI droped or whatever just stop. If you really wanna join them , gonna resolv th ticket first.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 PM #8
TWEAKd

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
How about you take care of your 'life issues' before joining.
i think thats the best advice.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 PM #9
Eric99BL

has been a member for 10 years
Eric99BL is a Professional paintball player
One of my boots just came in with a 8 year contract so he could get out of Jail.. ahah lol
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 AM #10
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric99BL View Post
One of my boots just came in with a 8 year contract so he could get out of Jail.. ahah lol
I thought they quit doing that?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 AM #11
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Quote:
How about you take care of your 'life issues' before joining. If you are undergoing some sort of adjudication process the Army isn't going to be very interested in you, particularly seeing as how it is related to you making a really bad decision (driving drunk).
Anything that is a law violation could be considered a Bad decision. But in my case It had nothing to do with drugs, hurting people, stealing, or any of that so I would consider it a minor flaw. Of course I'm not the one who decide but thats how I would present my case.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 AM #12
berserker19

I'm not trying to put you down, but understand where I'm coming from. We have a BIG problem with DUIs in the Army, and we take them very seriously. It really makes us look bad to the civilians who live around base when our soldiers go out into the community and act in a reckless manner that endangers their families. So you should understand why the Army might not want to deal with you until you can get this thing resolved.. a soldier with anything having to do with 'DUI' in his past is not going to go over well when it comes to putting in a waiver or an early promotion sheet.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM #13
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Quote:
I'm not trying to put you down, but understand where I'm coming from. We have a BIG problem with DUIs in the Army, and we take them very seriously. It really makes us look bad to the civilians who live around base when our soldiers go out into the community and act in a reckless manner that endangers their families. So you should understand why the Army might not want to deal with you until you can get this thing resolved.. a soldier with anything having to do with 'DUI' in his past is not going to go over well when it comes to putting in a waiver or an early promotion sheet.
Oh I get it. So If I had just only killed a few babies I would be in for sure ?
With all jokes aside, I am taking your information in but Im having a hard time seeing the army actually saying no to me for it. & everything is resolved, I am just on probation for it ( all fee's paid too ). & mind you it got dropped to a reckless driving. So if you dont mind I'd like a few other peoples opinions on the matter, Any recruiters out there????
Old 10-06-2008, 02:27 PM #14
xxxarsonist
Tommy Noble

No, if you had killed babies, they wouldve sent you over the the Marine recruiter.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 PM #15
berserker19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican kid View Post
So if you dont mind I'd like a few other peoples opinions on the matter, Any recruiters out there????
I have been an Army recruiter, I am just trying to help you. I have not stopped anyone else from speaking their mind, but you asked a specific question and I answered it honestly. You need to understand that the Army isn't just looking for any joe off the street, and we are actually kind of picky when it comes to people who have had legal problems. We turn away more people than you may think. If you are on probation, you cannot join.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:32 PM #16
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Quote:
If you are on probation, you cannot join.
Not my question.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM #17
berserker19

you CANNOT get a BCT date until you get this completely fixed. You can't get a commitment from the Army to try and get out of this early. You will need to completely resolve your legal issue before you join. If you talk to a recruiter, they may be able to talk to the judge.. but that's about it. And you did mention you are on probation.. I am just trying to help.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:08 PM #18
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Quote:
you CANNOT get a BCT date until you get this completely fixed. You can't get a commitment from the Army to try and get out of this early. You will need to completely resolve your legal issue before you join. If you talk to a recruiter, they may be able to talk to the judge.. but that's about it. And you did mention you are on probation.. I am just trying to help.
Dont get me wrong buddy, Im trying to get all the information I can on this matter & yours is much appreciated.. This is the deciding factor of my life. I have ALWAYS wanted to join the army. I just turned 18 so that is why I am approaching it now. But unfortunately all this stuff has happened to. This is is no way means to escape my troubles. With that out of the way, Yes I plan on talking to my state attorney with this matter ( most likely writing an in depth letter ) on this matter. Its not even really the probation im worrying about. I will be off it in 2 months. Im on this other thing called pre-trial intervention wich has nothing to do with a judge but my state attorney. So with the help of my attorney Im attempting to write a letter with my plan of action after I complete all my supervisions.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM #19
TWEAKd

i had a dui when i was 19, but i had already did my classes and aa meeting long before i enlisted. my opinion would be to wait until you get everything resolved. but you can always talk to a recruiter in the mean time, they will know best what you can and cant do.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM #20
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican kid View Post
Dont get me wrong buddy, Im trying to get all the information I can on this matter & yours is much appreciated.. This is the deciding factor of my life. I have ALWAYS wanted to join the army. I just turned 18 so that is why I am approaching it now. But unfortunately all this stuff has happened to. This is is no way means to escape my troubles. With that out of the way, Yes I plan on talking to my state attorney with this matter ( most likely writing an in depth letter ) on this matter. Its not even really the probation im worrying about. I will be off it in 2 months. Im on this other thing called pre-trial intervention wich has nothing to do with a judge but my state attorney. So with the help of my attorney Im attempting to write a letter with my plan of action after I complete all my supervisions.
Are you just waiting for an answer you like? He's not bsing you, that's how it is.

If you wanted to join the Army so bad you should of thought twice before you did something that stupid.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 AM #21
mexican kid
I'm not really mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
Are you just waiting for an answer you like? He's not bsing you, that's how it is.

If you wanted to join the Army so bad you should of thought twice before you did something that stupid.
Go practice being daddy somewere else.