Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 PM #22
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
I got a coin but it was a basic af coin. youll get coins for whatever reason for doing stupid things in your career. Some people cherish (spe?) and some people just give them away to their kids. by now ive gotten so many useless ones and then the ones that they always try to sell you i just give them to people. Only 2 of them mean something to me
Yeah, my dad is the same way.

These are cool because they are my first coins I got after swearing in.
OSTT GURU
akward silence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 AM #23
vivalaconfederacy
El PRESIDENTE

vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
vivalaconfederacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vivalaconfederacy supports Pev's Paintball
living on daddy's reputation alittle?
XSV EGO9
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3264655
vivalaconfederacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM #24
codestp202
Hrvatska

congratulations
Old 10-06-2008, 05:34 PM #25
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalaconfederacy View Post
living on daddy's reputation alittle?
How so?
OSTT GURU
Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM #26
icp1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
How so?
You are going to be given alot of crap for being the son of a commander...so take or leave it.....just be yourself and work your behind off and make a name for yourself. You will soon find out if you haven't that the military is full of smokin and jokin....so learn to take it and give it! (now Navy boys don't take that last line the wrong way we are not underway!)
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM #27
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
You are going to be given alot of crap for being the son of a commander...so take or leave it.....just be yourself and work your behind off and make a name for yourself. You will soon find out if you haven't that the military is full of smokin and jokin....so learn to take it and give it! (now Navy boys don't take that last line the wrong way we are not underway!)
People wont know I am the son of a commander if I don't tell them. It is as simple as that...
OSTT GURU
Old 10-06-2008, 10:46 PM #28
icp1327

Word gets around fast....its not a bad thing.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 PM #29
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Word gets around fast....its not a bad thing.
I'll be 2,000 miles away and completely across the US from him.

I'm not worried about it.
OSTT GURU
Old 10-06-2008, 11:04 PM #30
Model16

Congrats man.

When I swore in, My dad and a couple other Marines he knew were there as well, was very nice.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:15 PM #31
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model16 View Post
Congrats man.

When I swore in, My dad and a couple other Marines he knew were there as well, was very nice.
Thanks.

That's cool. It is pretty cool to have your family there to support you
OSTT GURU
Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 PM #32
udflyer (Banned)

Quote:
I'll be 2,000 miles away and completely across the US from him.

I'm not worried about it.
the af isnt that big, peolpe will see your last name and then ask if you are related to your dad, that is if you have a unique name that not everyone has. for graduations and things they should ask if you are related to any DV's so your dad may be considered a DV
udflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 AM #33
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
the af isnt that big, peolpe will see your last name and then ask if you are related to your dad, that is if you have a unique name that not everyone has. for graduations and things they should ask if you are related to any DV's so your dad may be considered a DV
Thats true. I'm not that worried about it. I have a very common last name, and my dad has never been stationed at McChord so its less likely people will say anything.
OSTT GURU
Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 PM #34
icp1327

Have you ever been to the great NW??? If not you sure in for a suprise...but remember IDAHO SUCKS...be sure to tell a Californian.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:47 PM #35
infotography (Banned)

infotography is a Paintball photographer
Congrats! You shall enjoy it. being a military brat helps a lot.. Just dont openly advertise it.. ever.. especially at basic. And do not mention your dad is a light bird. That will just cause hell.

But you will have fun, just be sure to be like every other Airman. Get to your base, marry the first girl you see, move out of the dorms and make the big bucks. then divorce her the following week.

You can't lose
infotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 PM #36
infotography (Banned)

Quote:
Have you ever been to the great NW??? If not you sure in for a suprise...but remember IDAHO SUCKS...be sure to tell a Californian.
Oh holy ****.. didnt even see you thar.. Im at Mountain Home. Are you at the ANG? or do you just commute to MH?

Idaho doesnt suck. I like it here. Well the valley sucks... get into the mountains up near McCall and Idaho is awesome.. We just happen to live on a desert plateau. Haha. The NW is awesome.. as long as you love the outdoors.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM #37
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Quote:
Yes, I have been there. I absolutely love it. Washington is a mixture of California and Alaska, both places i loved living at!

What surprise would I be in for? Utter happiness?
If so, you are correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
Congrats! You shall enjoy it. being a military brat helps a lot.. Just dont openly advertise it.. ever.. especially at basic. And do not mention your dad is a light bird. That will just cause hell.

But you will have fun, just be sure to be like every other Airman. Get to your base, marry the first girl you see, move out of the dorms and make the big bucks. then divorce her the following week.

You can't lose
Haha, thats good advise. I've got a girl in my sights, so lets see how that pans out .

Quote:
The NW is awesome.. as long as you love the outdoors.
Agreed
OSTT GURU
Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 PM #38
icp1327

Quote:
Oh holy ****.. didnt even see you thar.. Im at Mountain Home. Are you at the ANG? or do you just commute to MH?

Idaho doesnt suck. I like it here. Well the valley sucks... get into the mountains up near McCall and Idaho is awesome.. We just happen to live on a desert plateau. Haha. The NW is awesome.. as long as you love the outdoors.
I am at Gowen Field....yes I am a Guard person now.....still miss hanging out helo doors in the Coast Guard!!!! I LOVE IDAHO AND THE NW....I like to tell people its sucks so they don't move here and ruin it...see the link in my sig...I love the valley but love up north more. Its to bad that a ton of rich people bought up the land and have made it expensive to live up there. I want to kick them in their little sacks for doing just that. It makes it so native Idahoans like me can't afford it anymore. Oh well, when I get old I still want to retire in Stanley.

Quote:
Yes, I have been there. I absolutely love it. Washington is a mixture of California and Alaska, both places i loved living at!

What surprise would I be in for? Utter happiness?
If so, you are correct!
I was being sarcastic...see above....its great here and I even like McChord. Seattle has a ton to do in the city and even more to do outside the city. You have got the Sound, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, the San Juan Islands, and all those great mountains to explore, you will have a ton of fun as you already know.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 PM #39
infotography (Banned)

Quote:
I am at Gowen Field....yes I am a Guard person now.....still miss hanging out helo doors in the Coast Guard!!!! I LOVE IDAHO AND THE NW....I like to tell people its sucks so they don't move here and ruin it...see the link in my sig...I love the valley but love up north more. Its to bad that a ton of rich people bought up the land and have made it expensive to live up there. I want to kick them in their little sacks for doing just that. It makes it so native Idahoans like me can't afford it anymore. Oh well, when I get old I still want to retire in Stanley.
Haha, Yeah I completely missed the sarcasm. I want to travel, but I wouldnt mind staying here either. I am from WA so I love Idaho. And yeah even up in Cour D' Alene the californians are all over the place.. But yeah.. It sucks. What sucks even more though is that I pay the same to live in Mountain Home as you pay to live in Boise.. I would love to live in Boise if I didnt have to make the trek out here every morning and evening.

I went TDY to the east coast last month and I absolutely hated it.. made me appreciate the NW so much more.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM #40
icp1327

Quote:
Haha, Yeah I completely missed the sarcasm. I want to travel, but I wouldnt mind staying here either. I am from WA so I love Idaho. And yeah even up in Cour D' Alene the californians are all over the place.. But yeah.. It sucks. What sucks even more though is that I pay the same to live in Mountain Home as you pay to live in Boise.. I would love to live in Boise if I didnt have to make the trek out here every morning and evening.

I went TDY to the east coast last month and I absolutely hated it.. made me appreciate the NW so much more.
I don't like the east coast like I do Idaho...I just got back from training out there and the Guard unit I was training with really wants me to apply for an open full time job, very good paying one at that, but I don't want to leave! Mtn Home is good but it sucks, like you said, that it costs you just as much to live there as here in Boise....alot more to do here but a crappy commute!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 PM #41
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

I don't like the east coast much either. This is my second time here. The first time was 3 years in New Jersey, now its 2 here. Fortunately, I am leaving now.

Delaware is really nice actually. It is NOTHING like Washington though

I am going to miss the $2.99 gas though
OSTT GURU
Old 10-07-2008, 09:43 PM #42
icp1327

Quote:
I don't like the east coast much either. This is my second time here. The first time was 3 years in New Jersey, now its 2 here. Fortunately, I am leaving now.

Delaware is really nice actually. It is NOTHING like Washington though

I am going to miss the $2.99 gas though
Whats with that crap??? Gas is so cheap over there. It just gets crazy out here. 3.50 a gallon!