Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 PM #43
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I want to get a magno kit but dont want to drop $50 on guages. So, I was wondering if I could get away with just getting the lpr guage and save $25.
You could probably get away with only using the LPR gauge but in the long run it's better to have both for debugging. IMO it's worth the 25 bucks if you plan on holding onto that A1 and you will probably want to once you get the magno kit in it.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 AM #44
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion89 View Post
I want to get a magno kit but dont want to drop $50 on guages. So, I was wondering if I could get away with just getting the lpr guage and save $25. Heres my thought. Everyone has heard of A squared + B squared = C squared. Say I install the kit, I know my hpr pressure will need to be lower so I would turn the screw in...say a full turn. Ok, now I would air her up with the lpr guage in and check the pressure, get it close to 55, but just a starting point. Then I would chrono to get say the middle of the range velocity I will be shooting (Say I shoot 260 while playing indoor and 280fps outdoor. I would make it so my velocity was 270 fps, while at the same time my lpr is set at 55psi. (so I know B and C) Now A should be where it is supposed to be. Am I right or am I left? Since you will be adjusting your hpr to adjust your velocity anyways, I dont really know why you need it in the first place unless you look back at what I said, exept you start with A (your hpr pressure to get ballpark for your C ... velocity) let me know if this will work, I dont see why not. Also, for Timmys, ive seen lpr pressure testers and not hpr's, so maybe Bob and company tells his customers to do similar.
You could ballpark it that way. The thing is though, the LPR is not pressure compensating, so changes in HPR affect LPR as well. If you end up a little bit off on the HPR and you have to lower it a substantial amount, your LPR will drop as well and you could end up with cycling problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbh View Post
i need to tune my gun but only have access to reballs at the moment. will i be able to accurately tune my gun while using reballs?
Reballs are lighter than an actual paintball, so you'll need to change your pressure a bit when you switch back. So if you're going to be playing where there's no chrono and you're using reballs to set your velocity, it's going to be a bit different.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM #45
Shubert329

I Love You Guys!!!!!!!!
Shubert329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 PM #46
angelic_chaos

Lovin' It

anyone who has their angel with the magno kit knows what i m gunna say....Just perfect ...just installed mine and lovein' it already...cant wait till it is broke in
angelic_chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:51 AM #47
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
I know what you're saying man. It shoots so damn nice.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:49 AM #48
ion89

Well, im surprised I havent found any discussion on this but....how much lighter is the magno ram than the stock ram? Im not sure how much the stock weighs and I am yet to get the magno kit or else I would weigh them (in grams) and post it here. I am just interested in what the reduction of moving mass is, also, they cant make the bolt much lighter because its already so light so im not asking anyone to weigh that. Thanks guys!
ion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:00 PM #49
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

Not much. All they did to the magno hammer was taper the back half into a sort of conical shape where it attaches to the ram shaft.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM #50
pabej

How many cases before you guys really felt a big difference? Have about 2 cases through mine and there is a difference but not as dramatic as a I thought.
pabej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:58 PM #51
ion89

Hmm, I thought it would have been a descent fraction lighter than the stock one...maybe like 4/5ths the weight (I would have hoped at least that), that would be good, but if its not a whole lot lighter, it seems like the majority of the performance upgrade is coming from the valve and little upgrade from the ram. But if anyone can get the weights of the stock ram and magno ram that would be great to know and appreciated. (I will still be buying the magno ram but I havent looked at the magno ram in comparison to the stock so I wont be able to understand how it would operate more efficiently than the stock ram when used in conjunction with the magno valve since it is not much lighter than the stock ram and (if they didnt make much of a change other than in shape)) I just assumed it was a descent bit lighter than the stock to equal less kick from lower mass and faster cycle time.
ion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:21 PM #52
timmy16bmx

I recently installed my magno kit and set the pressures to 200 psi exhaust and 57 psi lpr. I went to the chrono and it was shooting 340 fps.. I lowered it to about 280 fps and my exhaust pressure is now about 165 psi. Is it ok to break it in at those pressures? I cant see breaking it in at 200 psi (340 fps for me) is smart?
timmy16bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:22 PM #53
RangerJoe
Fight.

RangerJoe plays in the USPL
RangerJoe plays in the PSP
RangerJoe plays in the APPA D1 division
lower it to shoot 300 then break it in like that (unless your field is lower).
RangerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:26 PM #54
Spyder-Luke
DAS AUTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy16bmx View Post
I recently installed my magno kit and set the pressures to 200 psi exhaust and 57 psi lpr. I went to the chrono and it was shooting 340 fps.. I lowered it to about 280 fps and my exhaust pressure is now about 165 psi. Is it ok to break it in at those pressures? I cant see breaking it in at 200 psi (340 fps for me) is smart?
What's your dwell?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 PM #55
timmy16bmx

dwell is at 6.5
timmy16bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:46 AM #56
angelballer93

angelballer93 donated to help Peyton Trent
angelballer93 helped look for balloons
angelballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
angelballer93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ok when i use the gauges do i shoot at all or just gas the gun up then degass and adjust
2010 TNN Crew NYPL #10
angelballer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:37 PM #57
LTHG
www.anodizeworld.com

Are you using it with the magno kit or the standard valve kit?
LTHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:56 PM #58
angelballer93

angelballer93 donated to help Peyton Trent
angelballer93 helped look for balloons
angelballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
angelballer93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magno
2010 TNN Crew NYPL #10
angelballer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM #59
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Don't shoot - there's nothing to return the valve stem since you have the gauge on in place of the magnet. Just degass and adjust.
dr.strangelove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 PM #60
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabej View Post
How many cases before you guys really felt a big difference? Have about 2 cases through mine and there is a difference but not as dramatic as a I thought.
Instant. Dropped it in, set pressures amd settings, and was good to go. couple of weekends ago at the Road Warriors scenario had cold 2800-3000 fills on a myth'd 88ci shooting 8+hopper with a little under 1k left according to the gauge.

This kit blows my mind. Efficiency, no(low) kick, and mad roping. However, my friend is still breaking his in. 15+ cases now and he isn't getting nearly what I get. He has gauges and followed all the instructions, it just isn't working for him. Weird. He did have one of the first sets distributed on the west coast.

Last edited by theVicious1 : 02-03-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot point
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:51 PM #61
angelic_chaos

I have put about 5 cases thru my new magno kit and just starting to notice some improvement in the efficiency..and a huge drop in kick...
angelic_chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:54 PM #62
LTHG
www.anodizeworld.com

I noticed the kick reduction way before I noticed the efficiency.

After many cases though, I will say, the numbers truly are night and day.
LTHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM #63
eelz
Wales,UK

eelz posts videos on PbNation
I'd like to know if anyone has just installed the magno valve kit and kept the stock ram and seen any noticeable differences as such? being as their isn't much weight difference between the two rams is it really a necessity to buy the magno'd version?
eelz is offline   Reply With Quote