PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 PM #22
Ibunkeredju
paintball=drama

Ibunkeredju is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i wish i was rich, i still cant afford the magno kit (somehow i have to get a rasta A1 fly) and i want the parts so bad. I think i have to quit paintball so i can afford it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 AM #23
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibunkeredju View Post
I think i have to quit paintball so i can afford it.
magno will be useless then

I got my magno ram and exhaust valve second hand for $ 75 OBO from a buddy who was parting his A1

everything working well at first sight, just to say that this is not a very risky business to buy second hand stuff like that cause they are quite recent anyway...
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM #24
Thotograph

Had a magno installed at cup and they hooked me up with a great deal. First impressions after shooting in the backyard were astounding. Ripped all day yesterday on it at the field and I couldn't be happier. At the end of the day my friend, who refs at the field, and I played horse with it. He commented on how smooth and straight it shot. The funny thing is he swore off A1's after he couldn't get his to run right for him back in the day. I had one barrel break all day and was drilling people left and right.

The only thing I would like to remedy is that my ram knob tends to shift a bit when I shoot. Has some play for and aft. Probably needs to be adjusted, haven't done this yet any advice there?

Old Feedback
Thotograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 PM #25
sonny7
Animals are ok

sonny7 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Did you have no break in period?

An oring would help I heard.
My Nova Build

"Originally posted by sikk50: 3 years, then she cheated on me with a co-worker. We broke up, I ****ed her best friend. They're no longer friends. I don't talk to either of them. They've both gotten fat. And shes had a baby with guy she cheated on me with. He dumped her. I feel I won."
sonny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:44 PM #26
Thotograph

I'm probably still in the break in period so things can only get better I suppose. Bob adjusted my LPR down to where it should be (55psi) but he left my dwell at 6.5ms. He said to give it a case or two before I lower the dwell setting so thats what I'm gonna do. I figure I'll tinker with it at the end of the day next time I'm out. I'd fiddle with it at home but I don't have a chrono.

Yeah I just read about the oring trick, I'm gonna give that a shot. Anyone have a success story to report from putting an oring back there?

Old Feedback
Old 11-10-2008, 01:00 PM #27
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
I started with 6.5 ms and bumped it down to 6.0 after two cases and to 5.5 after another two cases. I eventually worked it down to 5.0 ms but I found that it wasn't as consistent with ****ty paint in cold weather as I'd like so I bumped my dwell back up to 5.5 ms and it's running great. Keep your LPR at 55 psi and play with your dwell. You'll get it running great.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM #28
Thotograph

I've never been one for running borderline settings just because you can (and not because its necessarily better) so I'm right there with ya poop. I'd rather run on the safe side of things and adjust it down gradually. Really want to get the ram wiggle sorted though, I can feel it bumping my mask while I'm playing. I'm gonna try that tonight. I've got alot of spare orings from my different guns I own. Something has to work...

Old Feedback
Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM #29
poopresearch
Dr Nick

Ram wiggle? You talking about the knob? Put the largest oring you can between the knob and ram body while still being able to lock the knob. It will reduce the knob wiggle. You can't completely elimatinate it, so don't worry about it.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM #30
eddiemac69
a1 baller

can i use the magno kit if i have a cp reg on my gun?
pm me
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple
hours, this is your heaven on earth...live it...love it...Paintball 4 life.."
DARK IR3 BRING OTHER ANGELShttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post61848172
I want older angels. Got one pm me
eddiemac69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 PM #31
touchdown235

Yes, that is fine. The Magno kit has nothing to do with what HPR you're using (well, it lowers your hpr/valve pressure).

touchdown235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:42 PM #32
eddiemac69
a1 baller

k thanks ive been thinking bout buyin the kit just havent come up with the 125$
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple
DARK IR3 BRING OTHER ANGELShttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post61848172
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM #33
PMR4LIFE
idk

PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Well ive shot about 2 cases through my A1 FLY now, and all I can say is WOW. From going from my A1 to a FLY, its a huge difference. The magno kit makes the gun quiet and soooo smooth. When I was shooting it, i felt like i was shooting a DM. As for efficiency, its getting better. It still needs to break in but right now im getting 4 pods and a hopper off of a 48/45 with stock pressures and settings. BUT i dropped my dwell down to 6. I cant wait to shoot it again.
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM #34
eddiemac69
a1 baller

ya ive been lookin for a used magno kit just havent found one cuz between paint and stuff it just gets expensive but im lookin forward to buyin one
Old 11-17-2008, 06:26 PM #35
touchdown235

It's well worth the price. It makes it sooo much more smooth and efficient.

touchdown235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:47 PM #36
poopresearch
Dr Nick

I could get a hopper and 4 pods with the gen 2 internals on my 45/4500 and now I get more like a hoper and 6 pods. The real selling point for me is the smoothness. I used to alternate between my A1 and PM7 but now I pretty much just shoot the A1 because it's basically just as smooth but faster and more efficient.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:32 AM #37
phantom01231
phantom01231

phantom01231 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You know it sucks. I still cant figure out how much paint Im able to shoot on one fill. everytime I go to the field they wont fill 4500 for whatever reason they wont turn it on. last time they was only filling 2000. kinda defeats the pourpose of having a 4500 tank.

FOR REPLACEMENT ANGEL BATTERIES AND MORE
phantom01231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:39 AM #38
goats_896
They Live!

goats_896 donated to help Peyton Trent
I feel that...one field we practice at only fills to 3,500 psi...after it cools down it's only 3000psi. Even at that pressure I still manage to get about 6-8 pods...depending on the paint/bore match and velocity.
Here we stand in the middle of this new world with our primitive brain, attuned to the simple cave life, with terrific forces at our disposal, which we are clever enough to release, but whose consequences we cannot comprehend.

██████████
██████████
██████████
goats_896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:17 AM #39
poopresearch
Dr Nick

I too was getting **** fills last week that cooled to about 3000 psi and I got off a hopper and 4 pods with air to spare (45/4500). That's not too shabby considering I was chonoed around 292-293 fps and my rotor holds 200 balls.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:36 PM #40
poopresearch
Dr Nick

Holy crap that's smooth!

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...RAFLY_0001.flv
Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 PM #41
ion89

I want to get a magno kit but dont want to drop $50 on guages. So, I was wondering if I could get away with just getting the lpr guage and save $25. Heres my thought. Everyone has heard of A squared + B squared = C squared. Say I install the kit, I know my hpr pressure will need to be lower so I would turn the screw in...say a full turn. Ok, now I would air her up with the lpr guage in and check the pressure, get it close to 55, but just a starting point. Then I would chrono to get say the middle of the range velocity I will be shooting (Say I shoot 260 while playing indoor and 280fps outdoor. I would make it so my velocity was 270 fps, while at the same time my lpr is set at 55psi. (so I know B and C) Now A should be where it is supposed to be. Am I right or am I left? Since you will be adjusting your hpr to adjust your velocity anyways, I dont really know why you need it in the first place unless you look back at what I said, exept you start with A (your hpr pressure to get ballpark for your C ... velocity) let me know if this will work, I dont see why not. Also, for Timmys, ive seen lpr pressure testers and not hpr's, so maybe Bob and company tells his customers to do similar.
ion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 PM #42
masonbh

i need to tune my gun but only have access to reballs at the moment. will i be able to accurately tune my gun while using reballs?
masonbh is offline   Reply With Quote