Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 PM #337
AGGTASTICBOBO
sup
 
AGGTASTICBOBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: *847*
AGGTASTICBOBO is a Supporting Member
Had a great 7mile run today which I finished in about 50min. I also biked to and from the trail where I ran at a pretty strenuous pace, felt good.
AGGTASTICBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:12 AM #338
shagohod
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo
 
shagohod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mia/mlb
bouhgt some running shoes a while ago (3-4 months)and ended up getting into cycling instead of running. dug them out again, found a beginner training program on runners world, gonna try to start on monday, we'll see how it goes.
__________________
cog lens wing

shagohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:24 AM #339
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan
 
Dyoel182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North Texas
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm gonna try to start a running program and got a pair of Nike Free shoes to go with my regular set. I didnt see anyone mention them yet but has anyone tried them to strengthen their legs and feet up?
__________________
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:06 AM #340
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyoel182 View Post
I'm gonna try to start a running program and got a pair of Nike Free shoes to go with my regular set. I didnt see anyone mention them yet but has anyone tried them to strengthen their legs and feet up?
no more then 15% of your total weekly milage should be done on free's
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:10 AM #341
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die
 
Lou Dogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesoooooooota
Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have only been running for a little over a week, 3 or so miles a day and damn I feel good
__________________
I used to be a flamethrower
IHATERA STA


Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Lou Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 PM #342
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
flame, it helps keep ones tolerance down as well
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:27 PM #343
AGGTASTICBOBO
sup
 
AGGTASTICBOBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: *847*
AGGTASTICBOBO is a Supporting Member
Ran a bit over 6 in ~45 today. It was a weird day though... when I started running it was 78* outside and by the time I got back to my car it was showing 53*.... (it rained and stuff) Anywho, what are some good hamstring exercises that runners do, Mink? I've had a bunch of lower back pain first on one side and then on the other and I think its from undertrained hammies, even though I usually get these pains after sprinting a lot playing frisbee or tennis and not after longer runs.
AGGTASTICBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 AM #344
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bend over and touch the floor
do that standing then seated for the hamstrings

also sit down pyut one leg at a 90 then put the other over it so that you stretch the glutes

also seated rows in a weightroom are advised as are supermans and more core work
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM #345
shagohod
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo
 
shagohod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: mia/mlb
**** ihavent been very good at sticking to hte plan. i reallyhate starting the run but oncei m out there i can do it alright
__________________
cog lens wing

shagohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:07 AM #346
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Recovered
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:35 PM #347
p8ntballoc11
rack em'
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
just ate a huge plate of spaghetti. my diet is VERY carb heavy. about to hit up my daily 4 mile run. pb, if i'm going to be running cross country and like, the 800, 1 mile, and maybe 2 mile in track should I keep doing my 4 mile runs daily or vary it up with shorter runs? I just like the 4 mile distance because it's short enough for me to actually go fast and i feel like i'm getting some decent speedwork but long enough so that i get some cardio in.
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:42 PM #348
UnderPaidSlave
i work at ups.
 
UnderPaidSlave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: utah
so i cant run far on a quick pace but i can keep a jog pretty decent BUT i get a pain near the bottom of my rib cage almost like im getting stabbed. should i just run through it?
__________________
BLOW ME.
UnderPaidSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 PM #349
p8ntballoc11
rack em'
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPaidSlave View Post
so i cant run far on a quick pace but i can keep a jog pretty decent BUT i get a pain near the bottom of my rib cage almost like im getting stabbed. should i just run through it?
yes. the more you run, the less it will happen. run through it and it will eventually go away.
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 PM #350
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
just ate a huge plate of spaghetti. my diet is VERY carb heavy. about to hit up my daily 4 mile run. pb, if i'm going to be running cross country and like, the 800, 1 mile, and maybe 2 mile in track should I keep doing my 4 mile runs daily or vary it up with shorter runs? I just like the 4 mile distance because it's short enough for me to actually go fast and i feel like i'm getting some decent speedwork but long enough so that i get some cardio in.
Run more. 28 or so miles a week won't make you a good xc runner.

Add in a couple runs of longer distance and then pick a day to do one of your four miles faster then normal

Also didn't you graduate? Are you running for John Hopkins? If so that coach is going to laugh at you.

I can go deeper but don't feel like it for someone who won't follow my plans
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 AM #351
p8ntballoc11
rack em'
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post
Run more. 28 or so miles a week won't make you a good xc runner.

Add in a couple runs of longer distance and then pick a day to do one of your four miles faster then normal

Also didn't you graduate? Are you running for John Hopkins? If so that coach is going to laugh at you.

I can go deeper but don't feel like it for someone who won't follow my plans
alright. i do an 8 mile run every once in a while but i'll make it a weekly habit.

ya i'm gonna run for hopkins.

i came here for help. i know this is your specialty. don't be so quick to judge that i won't listen to you.

on a side note, i don't expect to actually race. I just know that i'm good enough to practice with the team and maybe in a couple years they could use me.
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:57 PM #352
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I'm quick to judge because I'm bitter.

And ya add In an eight mile run that will gradually get longer every oter week. Your going for a heavy cardio workout. It should be long and slow.

The fourmiles is a meh thing. Vary it up. Do 2 tempo days at a faster then normal pace( 30 seconds a mile faster about). Also do a day of this workout.

Mile warmup
3-5(again build up) mile repetes at goal 5k pace
2 mile cool down

then again if you run for hopkins ignore me and follow your coach
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:21 PM #353
p8ntballoc11
rack em'
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post
I'm quick to judge because I'm bitter.

And ya add In an eight mile run that will gradually get longer every oter week. Your going for a heavy cardio workout. It should be long and slow.

The fourmiles is a meh thing. Vary it up. Do 2 tempo days at a faster then normal pace( 30 seconds a mile faster about). Also do a day of this workout.

Mile warmup
3-5(again build up) mile repetes at goal 5k pace
2 mile cool down

then again if you run for hopkins ignore me and follow your coach
for your workout, how much time in between the 3-5 mile run? i don't mean minutes, i mean like should i eat?

i'll follow the coach once i get over there. i still have about 2 weeks. and should i take any rest days? i haven't at all and i'm wondering if it could benefit if i rest. even the days i go to the gym for legs and arms i still run.
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:55 PM #354
JeezusMapHacked
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Any advice on how to get better at the 1 mile and 800 run? I haven't been working out nor have I been running lately, but since school is starting again and indoor track is coming in a few months I want to get prepared.

Usually when track season is coming I run for 30 minutes around my neighborhood and eat as healthy as I can. But that was just to be decent, I want to start placing now. Any diet advice and routines I can do to get better? There's no where in my neighborhood where I can accurately judge how many miles I've done. If so, I'm looking for how long I should be running.
JeezusMapHacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 PM #355
p8ntballoc11
rack em'
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeezusMapHacked View Post
Any advice on how to get better at the 1 mile and 800 run? I haven't been working out nor have I been running lately, but since school is starting again and indoor track is coming in a few months I want to get prepared.

Usually when track season is coming I run for 30 minutes around my neighborhood and eat as healthy as I can. But that was just to be decent, I want to start placing now. Any diet advice and routines I can do to get better? There's no where in my neighborhood where I can accurately judge how many miles I've done. If so, I'm looking for how long I should be running.
run to where there is a track, and then run there.
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:21 PM #356
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
for your workout, how much time in between the 3-5 mile run? i don't mean minutes, i mean like should i eat?

i'll follow the coach once i get over there. i still have about 2 weeks. and should i take any rest days? i haven't at all and i'm wondering if it could benefit if i rest. even the days i go to the gym for legs and arms i still run.
I think you misunderstood me do 3-5 one mile repetes. 2 minutes rest inbetween them.

Also 1 day off a week
I generally do it the day after my longrun and spend extra time cross training and lifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeezusMapHacked View Post
Any advice on how to get better at the 1 mile and 800 run? I haven't been working out nor have I been running lately, but since school is starting again and indoor track is coming in a few months I want to get prepared.

Usually when track season is coming I run for 30 minutes around my neighborhood and eat as healthy as I can. But that was just to be decent, I want to start placing now. Any diet advice and routines I can do to get better? There's no where in my neighborhood where I can accurately judge how many miles I've done. If so, I'm looking for how long I should be running.
Follow my advice to paintballoc
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 PM #357
chinqlinq
 
 
chinqlinq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA
 has been a member for 10 years
chinqlinq plays in the USPL
chinqlinq plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggaHappyKid View Post
"And too there were the questions: What did he eat? Did he believe in isometrics? Isotonics? Ice and heat? How about aerobics, est, ESP, STP? What did he have to say about yoga, yogurt, Yogi Berra? What was his pulse rate, his blood pressure, his time for the 100-yard dash? What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles; Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that?"
sooo uhh... what exactly are the best ways to improve running endurance again? other than just running a lot?
__________________
Feedback
chinqlinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump