PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-12-2009, 03:24 AM #295
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
My dad still swims competitvly. It's why as soon as I was given the option to not swim and run I took it. I just knew I would never be nearly as good as him and it was one of those burdons when your swim coach knows your dad and he's faster then anyone in the pool with you yet you occupy the average lane.
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 PM #296
AGGTASTICBOBO
sup

AGGTASTICBOBO is a Supporting Member
You must've inherited a big set of lungs and a strong heart from him if he's that good at swimming.
AGGTASTICBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:57 PM #297
Stupid_Admins
all you can handle

Stupid_Admins posts videos on PbNation
Ive come to realize that I need a new hobby and something that would help me get into better shape.
So yesterday I ran for the first time in quite a while, I just jogged around my neighbor hood for about 20 minutes.

Right now I have horrible stamina, are there any tips you can provide that will increase my stamina besides the obvious running more often.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM #298
Maj Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid_Admins View Post
Ive come to realize that I need a new hobby and something that would help me get into better shape.
So yesterday I ran for the first time in quite a while, I just jogged around my neighbor hood for about 20 minutes.

Right now I have horrible stamina, are there any tips you can provide that will increase my stamina besides the obvious running more often.
Don't stress and just build gradually. The first time I went for a run I made it to the bottom of this hill 1 mile away from my house and had to turn back from exhaustion. Everyday I would run 20 meters or so further up the hill until I finally made it up. Now I run up that same hill around 3-4 times as a speedworkout and can break 5 in the mile. It takes time and dedication for sure, but I'm positive you will see results if you keep at it.

Other then that I just ran a 2:10 800 after coming off an injury. I couldnt run the 3 weeks leading up to the meet so i was on the bike and swimming the whole time. I think I'm gonna make swimming part of my routine by swimming before school and then actual practice after school.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:32 AM #299
Mike516

Mike516 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front-Assualt View Post
yeah i am, where do you go?
downingtown east. our girls got 3rd in the 4x8. we got our **** wrecked at our 4x4. i didn't run, not that good ;P
Mike516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:52 PM #300
Spike588
I'm not a goat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike516 View Post
downingtown east. our girls got 3rd in the 4x8. we got our **** wrecked at our 4x4. i didn't run, not that good ;P
Cool, you two are in my district. I might be running the 4x8, but i doubt our team will qualify lol
Spike588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:12 PM #301
xtoughguyx714
tuffer then u

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGTASTICBOBO View Post
You must've inherited a big set of lungs and a strong heart from him if he's that good at swimming.
my dad and grandpa were in the olympics for marathon running for norway, names: john and oivind systad for anyone that calls shens.

I didn't inherit **** : ( I think most the time its just about getting the right coach, and training at the right ages for your sport.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:01 PM #302
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post
np cookie

and since i shared it with the HIIT thread

my workout for today and yesterday
5 miles warm up
26x200@29s
4x400@68
4 mile cool down
break
hour on a bike
hour in the pool working on kicking
break
hour in the weight room
8 mile run

yesterday
hour in the pool
hour on a bike
4 mile warm up
then these done at 5k race pace (14:30)
1k, 1.5k, 2k 2.5k 3k
6 mile cool down
break
hour in the weight room
break
7 mile run
I'm calling shens

21.25 miles for the first day and with a decent amount of quality work...
And your cross training on top of that.

27.25 miles for the second day. No way you're actually logging that kinda miles/workouts.

Unless you can prove me otherwise. Who are you/run for?
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM #303
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
My dad was a beast at running in high school/college but now he has terrible knee problems. He's had surgery on them but he can barely jog now.

I like running a lot, but I'm worried that i'll share the same fate. How are treadmills on knees? I really like to warm up and burn through a mile after I finish working out so if treadmills are fine on your knees that would be great to know. I know concrete is bad, so would running on grass/dirt be safe? I have the option of running on one of those foam/soft tracks. how are those on your knees?
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 PM #304
pbmink (Banned)
Ain't nobody dope as me

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggaHappyKid View Post
I'm calling shens

21.25 miles for the first day and with a decent amount of quality work...
And your cross training on top of that.

27.25 miles for the second day. No way you're actually logging that kinda miles/workouts.

Unless you can prove me otherwise. Who are you/run for?
Top 10 in California my senior year
Had a full ride to Montana state that got dropped following injury
Currently running with members of the Nike farm team palo alto
Hopefully will secure another schlorship for track season next year
pbmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 AM #305
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Running makes me want to commit suicide. Props to all you crazy ****s who can run over 10 miles.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 PM #306
as seen on TV

I got a quick question. I usually go running every night or every other night. Last week I went every night, and I run about 5-8 miles. My knee was really hurting so i stopped. How much is too much running? Should I just stick to every other day and be fine?
as seen on TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:06 PM #307
K0mBat W0mbat (Banned)
Olive Industries CEO

I just started running again last week, had a long break from it due to knee problems from work. I noticed a that sharp pain in the right side of my gut after about a mile, I havn't felt that in years, what causes this? All I had on my stomach was an apple a half hour before I ran, drank a cup of water too.
K0mBat W0mbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 PM #308
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

Annual Supporting Member
TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Top 10 in California my senior year
Had a full ride to Montana state that got dropped following injury
Currently running with members of the Nike farm team palo alto
Hopefully will secure another schlorship for track season next year
Who are you?
Mincus, lol? I won't post your actual name, you can though.
If you are Mincus, even then you weren't top 10 in California to my knowledge.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:11 PM #309
XxbaseballdoodxX

What do you guys do with blisters?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM #310
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0mBat W0mbat View Post
I just started running again last week, had a long break from it due to knee problems from work. I noticed a that sharp pain in the right side of my gut after about a mile, I havn't felt that in years, what causes this? All I had on my stomach was an apple a half hour before I ran, drank a cup of water too.
the apple will do it to you, no joke. I learned that the hard way.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 PM #311
Maj Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
the apple will do it to you, no joke. I learned that the hard way.
Hahaha. My team just had a meet and 30 minutes before the two mile my teammate asks my coach if he can eat an apple. My coach doesnt see any harm in it and lets him. My friend probably ran the worst race of his life and was hurting the whole time. Don't eat apples before running.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:53 PM #312
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
ill go in order of bolded

agree
muscle mass=/=muscle. I can guarantee i can put more up on any leg machine you choose. now if you want to get huge like 99.9% of you steel headed "Uber lifters" then its not the way to go
which leads right into this one, he wants to lose weight can you think of a better way to maximize weight loss then a high cardio workout? theirs a reason even you ****tards do cardio, try just lifting and never step on a tread mill or raise your heart rate over 50% of base see how "cut" you get.
HIIT is a ****ty system. there are MUCH better ways of cutting then doing a lame *** HIIT workout. for starters they tend to not last long enough to create a negitive calorie enviroment. rule of thumb is if its shorter then 30 minutes its not doing jack ****. bump it to 45 and your starting to do something. he's also not doing it in a very hard fashion 3.5 miles in 2 walk/jog sessions is nothing. now maybe if it was all a run then i might say not all at once.

next time chaotic keep your mouth shut. i get paid to work out and be in top physical condition for my sport and this threads topic. you lift to be "big" and someone thats 6'3 277 needs to drop weight before they even think about getting "big". oh btw i benched 1.5 body 5x10 today for the first time
I'll take that bet hot shot.

I disagree as well, why do all the work cutting off all the fat and getting skinny only to do all the work again to put muscle on. Your better off mixing in a lot of weight training and convert some fat into muscle.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:56 PM #313
over fiend
Quantum

over fiend is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I'll take that bet hot shot.
*noms popcorn*
over fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 AM #314
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I really wish scrawny runners would stop thinking they are bad because they can put a few plates on the leg press. Its great that you can run 10 miles or whatever, I could never do that, but you challenging me to a powerlifting contest is like challenging you to a race. And you picking a leg machine is like me choosing a marathon.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 AM #315
618 Juan

im raw
618 Juan is offline   Reply With Quote