Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-22-2001, 09:49 PM #1
Sharpshoota
-=Sharpshoota=-

has been a member for 10 years
Raptor Extreme Velocity!!!

OK heres the thing. I want to get my Raptor Extreme to shoot at a velocity higher then 300fps. Please do not tell me i shouldnt be adjusting it higher then 300...i dont want to hear that. all of my friends have spyders and piranhas and they all are shooting way above 300fps. they shoot at 350 or higher because they tweaked something in there gun. My friends make fun of me cuz my raptor extreme will only shoot 290-300 when i chrono it. I want them to see that my gun can shoot hard too. Its hard playing against my friends guns when there shooting harder and farther. SO PLEASE....PLEASE can someone tell me how to increase my velocity (ALOT!) I really appreciate your feedback here
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2001, 11:00 PM #2
p8ntbrawler
Master Baiter

omfg.....one of you punk kids is gonna shatter some1's goggles. Blinding them for life. Then it will be all over the news, until finally paintball is banned world wide.............
Old 10-23-2001, 02:43 AM #3
Jay Raptor
WOW

Jay Raptor is a Supporting Member
He's right. Most (all) goggles (masks) will shatter if hit with a paintball going over 300 fps. Trust me, I've seen it happen! And if it doesn't happen the first time, then after a few times it WILL shatter for sure. Not to meantion you can seriously injure yourself in other ways. I think 285 fps is something like 204 mph, so anything over 300 fps is totally unacceptable. I would never play with someone shooting that high.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:20 PM #4
sorisko

Yeah, Im not even going to respond in ways to raise velocity....playing like that isnt safe, and when and I know if you raise your velocity WHEN you do hurt someone, its just going to give paintball more bad media coverage......tell your friends to lower velocity, and if they dont.. dont play with them
Old 10-23-2001, 06:20 PM #5
Volcov

Yeah I'm not going to tell either, if I were you I wouldn't play with those guys.

My gun wasn't working properly so I borrowed a rental gun (M98). These guns have the velocity set at around 230 (indoor field limit) when they got them, so now they can be at almost anything. I shot a guy in the goggles but he refused to go out, so I shot him a few more times there. When he got out, his mask had a few cracks all over it. Turns out my rental was shooting at around 320 FPS. Incidently, the manager there said 'not to worry' and to keep playing, but I said hell no, I don't want to go around breaking masks.

Anything over 300FPS is just plain stupid. It'll break your mask and probably one of your nuts if your not lucky

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 10-24-2001, 01:54 PM #6
Sharpshoota
-=Sharpshoota=-

GOD D*MMIT

WTF did i specifically say in my original post?.....i said and i quote "Please do not tell me i shouldnt be adjusting it higher then 300fps....I DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT" because i am well aware of how somebody could get hurt....I may have made it sound like all of my friends go out and play paintball with there velocity that high. But they just turn up the velocity when we are like shooting stuff in our backyards and impressing our friends who dont have paintballguns. I am not planning on going out and shooting someone with my velocity cranked up. Sorry i may have worded some things wrong in my last post...please can you tell me how to increase my velocity.....my gun shoots really slow as it is anyway.....I would NEVER shoot someone with my velocity past 300, thats just cruel. just tell me d@mmit. I would realy be obliged if someone could tell me how to adjust my velocity past 300.

i think thats kind of funny how 4 people replied saying im an idiot and i shouldnt do a thing like that....when i F*CKING SAID NOT TO DO THAT.....geeze people theese days
Old 10-24-2001, 08:53 PM #7
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

we all saw it, trust me. BUT, we want you to play SAFE!!!!
paintballs WILL BLIND, AND POSSIBLY KILL at over 300fps. WHY PLAY WITH THEM?!?

i dont want my sport shut down by some *******s shooting hot
Old 10-25-2001, 09:16 AM #8
sorisko

Also, I never called you an idiot, I just said I think its unsafe, and not needed to be done
Old 10-25-2001, 02:26 PM #9
Jay Raptor
WOW

Jay Raptor is a Supporting Member
Sharpshoota, email me.