PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2008, 01:19 PM #1
SplatYouNext
*splat*

Pistols

I have a possible shot at a really good deal on a Sheridan .68 paintball pistol and holster (local going out of business sale). I play woodsball, large and small events. Does anyone actually use them, or does it just complete the tactical "look"? They seem fun, but not necessarily practical. Any insight/experience would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM #2
amhildreth
Sheridan Sugardaddy

Annual Supporting Member
amhildreth is a Moderator
amhildreth is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
amhildreth donated to help Peyton Trent
amhildreth supports Bob Gurnsey
amhildreth supports our troops
It sounds like you have a bead on a Sheridan PGP pistol. I've had one for years and love it. I can't see any reason to carry one as a secondary, unless you really distrust your main marker. They actually shine as a primary gun for rec and scenario games. They have good accuracy and are lighter than a standard rig. Just take a few tubes of paint, a 12 gram, and off you go.

SCP, Carter's Commandos, CanCon
amhildreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:06 PM #3
Schloot

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhildreth View Post
It sounds like you have a bead on a Sheridan PGP pistol. I've had one for years and love it. I can't see any reason to carry one as a secondary, unless you really distrust your main marker. They actually shine as a primary gun for rec and scenario games. They have good accuracy and are lighter than a standard rig. Just take a few tubes of paint, a 12 gram, and off you go.
I played a rec game the other day with a guy who used two pistols the entire day. It looked like fun.
Schloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:47 PM #4
Mayvik

Playing with pistols is great fun. Unless you've got a sling (or don't mind leaving your main gun lying on the ground), I don't recommend a pump pistol like a PGP as a backup.

You could also send that PGP in to Palmers and have them convert it into a semi-auto Stroker. PGP Strokers are amazing.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 PM #5
funfla22

i play with a pgp all the time perfect for nite play where you are crawling a lot
i also have a t-8 that i like a lot more its is 8 shots in a clip

it can be a lot of fun but expect that you best hit what you aim at first shot you might not get a scecond off with the pgp

sorry guys -radiogal is mine !!!

We support !!!!
http://www.paintballpartyz.com/
funfla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:41 PM #6
Sheckles
Lifes Tough, get a helmet

When i first started playing, and the only feild we had was woodsball, i used to carry a pgp in a side holster. I did that for like two years, and only used it once (i didn't even eliminate anyone). Honestly pistols are too much extra wieght to carry around unused. It is just silly to carry around a pistol as a back up. If you really have a good deal on a pgp then pick it up. Pgp's are solid guns and can be fun to play with in walk on rec games. I like to break out the pgp when there are only fresh newbs at the feild, that way you dont end up raping a bunch of first timers with your electro.
Sheckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:33 AM #7
Jwink18

tpx all the way, worth the money, probably a few good deals on here, i know bigjohn49686 has his up for grabs, good deal.
Jwink18 is offline   Reply With Quote