Community Focus

Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 PM #22
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I think I'm going to start following this workout regime, and mix in the running with it, along with the weekends
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw69.htm
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2008, 07:53 PM #23
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
What about fielding? Arm strength is key.
I get the idea though... I'll start rotating legs in a lot more

By the way, I've had 3 knee surgeries already and I'm only 17, so anything done with legs hurts like ****. Including running... track is about the hardest thing I can run on.
Arm strength? Through workouts? Lol, wut.

I'm sorry to say, but arm strength for throwing isn't gained through working out. Sure, you can build your legs for a better push off, and you can strengthen your forearms and shoulders, and together it can help a little, but if you have a weak arm, you will always have a weak arm. Strong arms are genetic. You can help yourself a little, but all in all, the help is negligible compared to how it is naturally. Look at most pitchers in the majors, they don't exactly look like third basemen or a big *** outfielder. If being big upper body wise worked, pitchers would be huge.

Baseball is 98% quads, hamstrings, and core. If you did a hard core workout, you'd be ahead of 75% of others you'll be competing with, at least in the workout fitness area for baseball.

Oh, and if you have access to a pool, swimming is a real good overall exercise. You can also do other exercises underwater, which adds a little resistance and is supposedly easier on your joints. I say supposedly, because I haven't truly tried it, so I have no personal experience to compare between out of water exercises and doing exercises under water.

Black to Blue Cobra G7

Last edited by shiboboo : 10-03-2008 at 07:56 PM.
shiboboo is offline   Reply With Quote