PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-02-2012, 12:53 PM #1
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Need tech help

I am working on two Vikings, one for a friend and one mine, and ran into two snags.

1. 04 Viking. There is a small leak down the barrel. I have pulled all the plugs and the orings on those are fine. I thought this leak was from the valve, but the grub screw holding that in is not inclined to come out. Before I wrestle with a recalcitrant grub screw, I wanted to verify that a leak down the barrel is mostly likely coming from the valve. For what it is worth, it is constant, and firing the marker after running through the marker made only a very marginal difference.

2. This one is much more difficult. I have a one-off Viking with a UL frame. It was working fine when it arrived, but a couple of months ago it went on the fritz. It cycles like a scalded dog runs, the internal pressure is set to the normal range, all orings I checked are in good shape or replaced. There is just no air making it through the bolt. Could this be another valve issue, or is there something else I need to be looking at on this marker?

Thanks in advance.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM #2
Enfamous13

Annual Supporting Member
1)Valve orings, hammer orings or grub screw too tight or damaged/dirty valve cupseal
2)Check dwell
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 PM #3
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
1. A leak down the barrel definitely sounds valve related. I have had this problem when the valve isn't seated properly. Try airing up the, backing the the valve set screw out a tiny bit, and then re-tightening it. Another thing to check would be to verify that the cup seal isn't worn out.

2. That's going to be a bit harder to diagnose, but from the sounds of it I would guess this one is more electronics. If you can air up the marker with the frame removed, there's a button on the solenoid to manually cycle it. You could also try swapping solenoids, to see if that helps. I would also suggest swapping frames and see if it works that way. I had a gun not working sporadically; took me the longest time to figure out it was a microswitch that was on the fritz.

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 PM #4
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
#2 sounds like a battery or solenoid issue.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:21 PM #5
fsrxc1

Actually sometimes Running a ul frame requires more dwell....it did with mine...the DM tadao puts out a different voltage than the AKA does...I thought my air passages were clogge etc...tore the gun apart...thought maybe had some slag in the passages from anno....Finally changed the dwell and it shoots great...did that after talking to Will at Tadao...

Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote