PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 PM #1
Creek66
Keep'n It FRESH!!!

Cops Came To My House!!!!

So this is what happened...

A little while ago i was shooting my Ego7 (just had to put that in there) on my front steps, teching it to make sure that it was shooting fine, then i threw it into the trunk of my car and was smoking a cig, i looked down my drive way and saw a cop coming up my driveway (my first instinct was to run)jk but i didn't, he got out of his car and walked up to me asked me how it was goin and what we (me and my friend were up to) i responed by saying we were just shooting my paintball marker to make sure it was working properly, pointing to the opened trunk with all my gear he had been standing next to, he said that he got a call from a concerned neighbor saying that somone was running around the woods with a paintball gun, we told him that we weren't in the woods at all, (see i live in a small town in CT/ basically in the woods with a 75 yrd driveway with a 2 acre back yard and my house is surroundedwith about 6 acres of woods, all my property) so its not like i'm in the city. After telling him again that we just came outside and shot my marker then threw it in the trunk, and never went into the woods, he understood, believed us, and started walking back toward his car, he told us not shoot the gun anymore because of concerned citizens, and a disturbances ( my ego is pretty loud). being an 18 yr old (my buddy 17) we were a little confused. I still shoot my gun like twice a day in my back yard, cuz i don't give a **** but wut do u guys think about this?????Can he arrest me for shooting my gun if he comes back (which i have a feeling he might) because he warned me not to shoot my gun, can he arrest me for shooting a paintball gun on my property in CT?????

This is a true story, and i do have witnesses!

Last edited by p8ntball@ddict : 02-14-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Creek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2008, 07:54 PM #2
recklesscustoms
-Reckless Customs-

No, you can not be arrested for a disturbance, you might get a ticket at worst. And it is your propery, so as long as your on your property and don't shoot (vandalize) someone elses, you are 100% ok.
recklesscustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:01 PM #3
Creek66
Keep'n It FRESH!!!

thanx bro
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM #4
lilmaniac2
Stereo Enthusist

lilmaniac2 helped look for balloons
disturbing the piece is alot louder than any ego...
lilmaniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 PM #5
taylorking
Boom! Headshot

if he comes back up there show him what that ego feels like in the nuts

haha

Feedback

+8/-0
taylorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:32 PM #6
marcus0069

marcus0069 plays in the PSP
marcus0069 plays in the APPA D4 division
i had the same situation happen with me where i live, cept for i was teching my timmy one after noon, and about 2 doors down, there were these little **** probley 4th and 5th graders that came shootin me with airsoft guns, so i blew them off, kept teching, about 20 minutes later a cop came down my road, said these little kids were complaining of me shooting at them, and told me if he gets another phone complaint that he'd confiscate my paintball gun. then i in-turn told him about those little ****ers shooting me with airsoft guns and all he did was drive away, didnt do a single thing. so im not exactly sure what legally he can do, i dk if they can confiscate or just warn/ticket you.
marcus0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:57 PM #7
Creek66
Keep'n It FRESH!!!

yea well i know in Mass. if they tank is attached to your gun and a cop finds it they can take it, but thats in mass....idk about CT
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM #8
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
He can't arrest you for shooting the marker on your own property. I also think after reading how you described your property; I got the impression that the neighbors aren't that close. Ego's aren't that loud to warrant a call to the police. Sounds like your neighbors were being dicks.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 PM #9
Creek66
Keep'n It FRESH!!!

Yea i know right dude.....yea i basically live in the woods, no one around for acres
Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 PM #10
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

if u were doin anything say u were using an air tool or something and they amy be just that stupid

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:04 PM #11
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
id find out which neighbor narc'd and vandalize their property (not with your pb gun tho)
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt

Last edited by NightKreeper : 09-12-2008 at 11:06 PM.
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:25 PM #12
Splatter69

Splatter69 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
next time curb stomp that cop. I found that is the best method to deal with them.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 AM #13
gusgus01

well, I play at my friends house and there are houses close but not close enough to shoot or anything. Well, three times now this lady nearby has threatened to call the cops if we didn't be quiet. However, the second time we played my friend, who is a volunteer firemen, told us that there are no sound laws between like 8 to 11 and that she couldnt do ****. Of course this in MD so... idk about CT.
And Shepherds we shall be, For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti
gusgus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 AM #14
A.Tech
Will paint faces

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorking View Post
if he comes back up there show him what that ego feels like in the nuts

haha
+1
"coming back to paintball after a year and half long Hiatus!!! All I need is a gun, a UL barrel and a Rotor(again,lol), LOOKING For Liquid Rotors and maybe Camo Just want Macdev DROIDSS for now. Black,blue, or black and blue, Or red trim and black.

[/center]
A.Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 AM #15
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatter69 View Post
next time curb stomp that cop. I found that is the best method to deal with them.
aren't 2k1ers supposed to be somewhat more mature than teh average 12 year old? especially an AKA tech?

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:03 PM #16
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
aren't 2k1ers supposed to be somewhat more mature than teh average 12 year old? especially an AKA tech?
was just wondering the same thing
Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 AM #17
godfree

DO you live within city limits? 99% of municipalities and cities have bylaw in place regarding firing air powered guns within city limits. Here it is banned in an outdoor environment, so police have every right to ticket, confiscate, or in extreme cases arrest if I were to be firing my marker outside. Teching inside is fair game tho. Probably the same in most areas.

My Balls+Your Face=Match made by an Angel
godfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM #18
Creek66
Keep'n It FRESH!!!

I live in the woods, there isn't a city for hundreds of miles around. I don't think that would be the case.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:35 AM #19
IPB516681

When I first started paintballing we played in this little field that was downtown and President Bush was doing something in our town and his convoy drove past us and a helicopter circled around us so we left slowly...

"Originally posted by grenadegloves II: The hardest part about skiing...
...is telling your parents you're gay."
IPB516681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM #20
NemesisZ28
hater of snow

NemesisZ28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've never really had any problems with my neighbours. One is military so firearms dont bother him, he came over one day and asked what i was doing when he saw me standing in the garage and dry fired a few times. He thought it was pretty cool and we ended up talking about some fields he had been to for about an hour. My other neighbours....dont really care.They were to lazy to help me when my ladder blew over leaving me stuck on my roof for a few hours.
NemesisZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:00 PM #21
Pistolwhip
GDT I luvs u

If you do get ticketed for disturbing the peace by means of noise, I would ask the officer if you could show him how loud your marker is, and show that it is no louder than if you were hammering something, or using a table saw if you were renovating your house. As long as you are within bylaw hours you are fine.