PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-22-2001, 07:45 PM #1
alnen

has been a member for 10 years
PTX Leak?

I pulled my gun out, loaded a C02 cartridge, and closed the quick changer. Well, once I had it closed, it was leaking like crazy. And yes, I have broken it in. I've used it several times before, but when it comes to game day, it leaks. What should I do to fix it? The leak was coming from the quick change area, maybe even the screw that's on the bottom of the gun. And yes, I tried several 12 grams. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2001, 07:26 PM #2
alnen

Replaced the crew on the underside and it still leaks. Any advice on how to fix this piece of crap? Thanks
Old 10-30-2001, 04:06 PM #3
Mossman

dude, its probably that you have the quick change in too far (piercing in too much) or the screw you are talking about. You need to put pipe fitting tape in there if you dont want it to leak, just screwing it in wont do
Old 11-05-2001, 08:01 PM #4
Jimiscrazy

PTX

The PTX has a adjustable compression plate at the end nearest the barrel end. By spinning this in or out, the distance of the clamp holding the 12 gram in changes. Too loose and you lose air, too tight and you can't snap the retaining lever closed. If the clamp closed and air escaped, unscrew the plate out toward the trigger frame. This will close the distance and tighten the Co2 cannister.
Old 11-12-2001, 11:24 PM #5
PBking82

PBking82 is a Supporting Member
Your problem is the cup-seal. It need to be replaced. I had the same problem and went through about 20 12g's untill I finally figured it out. Hope this helps-J