PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM #22
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by {OG}-Chubbs- View Post
read the announcement on the website in my sig if you want details on what happened. i also posted the story in another thread.
At Save Phace, our customers’ safety is of the utmost importance. All of our masks are manufactured to meet or exceed ASTM safety standards, and we take reports like yours very seriously.

We are looking into the incident you referenced in your post. Please contact Jerry directly at 866-783-3223 ext 330 at your earliest convenience so that we may obtain more information from you.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 PM #23
{OG}-Caffeine-

First, off I appreciate that this issue has received the attention of Save Phace. I hope that this incident will lead to safer masks in future. We will be contacting you very soon.

I'd like to address a few details that I left out of the article posted on our webpage that may possibly play a factor. The weather on the day of the event was rather cold; this may have had some effect on the plastic. Also the lens had taken direct hits before the two mentioned - I'm not sure if this way made clear in the article. And, while the mask was destroyed - a somewhat inappropriate and drastic response but justified considering the high emotions - there were several witnesses to the event, so the validity of the claim should not be in question.

Quote:
I know who you and your crowd are so your opinion does not mean much to me
Tvxman, I would appreciate it if you could keep past prejudices out of a matter as serious as this. Regardless of what your opinion of "our crowd" may be, this incident should be taken with the utmost gravity.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 PM #24
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by {OG}-Caffeine- View Post
Tvxman, I would appreciate it if you could keep past prejudices out of a matter as serious as this. Regardless of what your opinion of "our crowd" may be, this incident should be taken with the utmost gravity.
Trying to quote me out of context makes my point..

Quote:
if you want to ask about the dmc thing then ask me over pm.
Quote:
No need to PM you, I know who you and your crowd are so your opinion does not mean much to me.
And you want to know what else? Dave of DMC saw the incident and is more than willing to tell Save Phace what he witnessed!

Last edited by Txvman : 10-20-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM #25
{OG}-Caffeine-

Are you trying to say the he did not see the lens pop out of the mask? If so I would love to hear what he thought happened.

And I'm sorry if I quoted you out of context, I just skimmed the thread before posting response. Regardless, this is not the place for personal opinion (and I'm looking at you too, Chubbs).
Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 PM #26
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Are you trying to say the he did not see the lens pop out of the mask? If so I would love to hear what he thought happened.

And I'm sorry if I quoted you out of context, I just skimmed the thread before posting response. Regardless, this is not the place for personal opinion (and I'm looking at you too, Chubbs).
I had a feeling you would immediately accuse him of differing with what actually happen. He saw the lens come out, etc. etc. It so happens that It was DMC Rampage that was the opposing team, if I remember correctly.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM #27
{OG}-Caffeine-

Well, when phrased the way you said it, I assumed that he had something else to say on the matter.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM #28
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Well, when phrased the way you said it, I assumed that he had something else to say on the matter.
Do you know what assume means? A__ of u and me
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM #29
{OG}-Chubbs-

i will be contacting save phace either tomorrow or Wednesday to discuss the matter. i doubt ill have enough time tom, but Wednesday is my day off from work.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 PM #30
Waxball88
Ego♥

No, its 100% unacceptable for a mask to break in such a crucial area. Using the excuse " There are problems with everyones first run" Is bull****. How many masks have had fatal errors? I have never heard of a single one.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:34 PM #31
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Have you ever seen the early attempts as masks by JT? Do you think they just made the optimal mask the first time? Get a clue man.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM #32
Waxball88
Ego♥

Hence early attempts way back a few years ago, under less strict restrictions and fewer advancements in tech. to produce these masks and minimal knowledge available. Today its not acceptable.

Events
Grillz
Profilers
Even older invisions.

Never had any problems. **** some of those masks have been around for YEARS with no problems. SP has been around for what? A year? Not even.
And they were making masks before they entered paintball
Old 10-21-2008, 12:44 PM #33
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

lol

Events, a spin off.
Grillz & profilers have been around for a while

none of which are good examples.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:47 PM #34
Waxball88
Ego♥

The point is those masks when they came out had no problems and i'd be willing to bet didn't have to pass as hard an inspection as SP had to. But they have a great track record since they came out.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:30 PM #35
FNORD
Woodsballer

Is it just me or is this going to lead to confusion when people abbreviate "Save Phace", there's another company, disliked by many, been round a lot longer that get's abbreviated into "SP"...
Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM #36
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
well, since its in the Save Phace section... i dont think it will cause much, if any, confusion to people... especially if they use their brain a bit.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 PM #37
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
lol

Events, a spin off.
Grillz & profilers have been around for a while

none of which are good examples.

Makes alot of sense, seeing as how the grillz are relatively new.

And Events a spin off? You make my lol so hard.

How aren't they good examples? GTFO scrub. They are examples of how companies make great masks.
Xcape paintball.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 PM #38
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Scrub? lol

I have been playing longer than you have probably been alive.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:53 PM #39
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

OK guys, it's been established that during a game a player was shot in the side of his mask and his lens popped out.

Now it's time to figure out what happened. SP is trying to get as many eyewitness accounts as possible to piece the event together. Unfortunately the most important evidence was destroyed by the owner.

Without that evidence there is no way to tell anything about the lens and mask.

I talked with Paul at SP and I'll tell you SP is taking this very seriously.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:37 AM #40
Softie68
Dan Hines makes me moist

Softie68 plays in the PSP
Softie68 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Softie68 supports Team VICIOUS
Softie68 is Legendary
Glad it wasnt xball he might have gotten 5 more shots in the eye while the lense was falling out.
Overlook Project Zero
Old 10-22-2008, 12:41 AM #41
sparrow69 (Banned)
Freedom Fighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
except there wasnt a mass mailing, email, or snail mail, and there werent ANY calls put out by the company stating the facts...

there are MANY players who may have bought these masks that have never even HEARD of PBN... so posting it here, helps those who read it... but what about the ones who dont? are THEY at fault?
It was posted on their website, and all teams were told they would be recieving masks to replace those that didn't fit to replace them. As for the claim that they've never been invited to join in on the conference call, I'd say look to the captain who was supposed to call In, not wait for a call. I speak with them on a regular basis, and The CEO Himself has always made himself available to all teams any time day or night. Hell I even call him on his Cell phone when hes on the road.

Quote:
First, off I appreciate that this issue has received the attention of Save Phace. I hope that this incident will lead to safer masks in future. We will be contacting you very soon.

I'd like to address a few details that I left out of the article posted on our webpage that may possibly play a factor. The weather on the day of the event was rather cold; this may have had some effect on the plastic. Also the lens had taken direct hits before the two mentioned - I'm not sure if this way made clear in the article. And, while the mask was destroyed - a somewhat inappropriate and drastic response but justified considering the high emotions - there were several witnesses to the event, so the validity of the claim should not be in question.
I'm not bashing you, so please don't think that, However as another captain to a sponsored team, I'd like to know why you chose thos route over just calling them to vent about the issue Directly? Jerry is always willing to make it right, and I'm sorry you were in such a risk. I have a few questions to try and understand the situation since I wasn't there, and seeing as how my whole team uses, promotes, and enjoys our save phace masks very much, this is an important matter to me.

1) as you said it was cold, How many hits had the lens recieved previously?
2)what paint was being used? Was it a thick hard shelled winter/cold weather grade?
3)Was the person who shot you with those two consecutive shots chronoed after the incident to ensure he was shooting under 280?
4) was the shooter more then 10 foot away?

Bare in Mind, almost every mask Including JT recommends changing the lens after EVERY direct hit to ensure safety. and this is because not every shot is exactly at 280 or lower. markers are known to spike and very based on temperature, roundness of the ball, and rate of fire. also, lenses are not designed to be shot within 10 feet, on ANY mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
OK guys, it's been established that during a game a player was shot in the side of his mask and his lens popped out.

Now it's time to figure out what happened. SP is trying to get as many eyewitness accounts as possible to piece the event together. Unfortunately the most important evidence was destroyed by the owner.

Without that evidence there is no way to tell anything about the lens and mask.

I talked with Paul at SP and I'll tell you SP is taking this very seriously.
I agree, the mask should have been sent to Save Face for testing to make sure that if it is a flaw, it doesnt happen again and can be corrected. I hope this all works itself out and you guys find a mask you truly like. As for Hooligan Tactical, We'll be sticking with Save Phace.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:26 AM #42
{OG}-Chubbs-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow69 View Post
It was posted on their website, and all teams were told they would be recieving masks to replace those that didn't fit to replace them. As for the claim that they've never been invited to join in on the conference call, I'd say look to the captain who was supposed to call In, not wait for a call. I speak with them on a regular basis, and The CEO Himself has always made himself available to all teams any time day or night. Hell I even call him on his Cell phone when hes on the road.

I'm not bashing you, so please don't think that, However as another captain to a sponsored team, I'd like to know why you chose thos route over just calling them to vent about the issue Directly? Jerry is always willing to make it right, and I'm sorry you were in such a risk. I have a few questions to try and understand the situation since I wasn't there, and seeing as how my whole team uses, promotes, and enjoys our save phace masks very much, this is an important matter to me.

1) as you said it was cold, How many hits had the lens recieved previously?
2)what paint was being used? Was it a thick hard shelled winter/cold weather grade?
3)Was the person who shot you with those two consecutive shots chronoed after the incident to ensure he was shooting under 280?
4) was the shooter more then 10 foot away?

Bare in Mind, almost every mask Including JT recommends changing the lens after EVERY direct hit to ensure safety. and this is because not every shot is exactly at 280 or lower. markers are known to spike and very based on temperature, roundness of the ball, and rate of fire. also, lenses are not designed to be shot within 10 feet, on ANY mask.

I agree, the mask should have been sent to Save Face for testing to make sure that if it is a flaw, it doesnt happen again and can be corrected. I hope this all works itself out and you guys find a mask you truly like. As for Hooligan Tactical, We'll be sticking with Save Phace.
ok well ill try to answer your questions as best i can.
1) previously that day? non. previously total? more than ten im sure.
2) i believe it was a tourny grade paint since it was a tourny. the cold front got there a day before the tourney so any paint would have been ordered for what should have been good weather.
3) to my knowledge he was not chronoed after the incident, just right before the game like most tourneys. i agree that this is a step that should have been taken by the refs that wasnt.
4) no they were both in the x on opposite sides. so very close range.

no one on my side is disagreeing that the mask should have been sent in. we are just saying that the owner of the mask got pissed off and threw it in the fire. if i or anyone else on the team had been around when he did it we would have stopped it. he just doesnt really think too far ahead when hes mad.