Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 PM #1
Pumpa

Chin Coverage?

Saw someone at the local field sponsered by save phace. They looked pretty sweet. It will take some time to get used to the look but the Digi-camo he had looked awesome. One question though, his chin stuck out WAY too much. Does this happen to everyone?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM #2
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
take a look at some of the reviews with pictures.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:21 AM #3
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpa View Post
Saw someone at the local field sponsered by save phace. They looked pretty sweet. It will take some time to get used to the look but the Digi-camo he had looked awesome. One question though, his chin stuck out WAY too much. Does this happen to everyone?
The short answer is no, this does not happen to everyone. It really depends on the size of your head as well as how you wear the mask. Our mask is designed to sit lower on your face which for some people that makes all the difference as far as chin coverage (see the thread listed below - there is a picture that shows how to wear the mask for the best coverage).

The following thread also shows some great comparison pictures of how our mask fits versus other masks http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2674727&page=3.

The fit is different for everyone depending on the size and shape of your head. Best thing to do is to find a store that carries them or ask one of our sponsored players to try one on so you can see for yourself.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:02 PM #4
run forest run
Life is like a box of poo

it does for most people, but if u get shot, if ur playing right, u wont get hurt due to the adrenaline you have. well i say you wont get hurt, but ull get a normal welt
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM #5
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

yeah... cuz thats what people want when they buy a mask... to know that their chin will stick out and get shot, but it will be ok because we have adrenaline.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:30 PM #6
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
yeah... cuz thats what people want when they buy a mask... to know that their chin will stick out and get shot, but it will be ok because we have adrenaline.
I think it's kinda funny. The company is called save phace, yet their masks are the smallest and least protective.....
Xcape paintball.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 PM #7
humblepie
I caught you starring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
I think it's kinda funny. The company is called save phace, yet their masks are the smallest and least protective.....
Well they didn't go with the FULL spelling of FACE either.

WTB Thread
Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 AM #8
{OG}-Chubbs-

Last edited by {OG}-Chubbs- : 10-30-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: issue is being resolved
Old 10-18-2008, 10:54 AM #9
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Don't keep us in suspense! What happen? Save Phace has great customer service, they will take care of any issue you have. I've got two, one in Multicam and one Warlord. Both have been working well in scenario and speedball.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:03 AM #10
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

check the link in his sig, it lists what happened.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:04 AM #11
{OG}-Chubbs-

read the announcement on the website in my sig if you want details on what happened.

Last edited by {OG}-Chubbs- : 10-30-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:08 AM #12
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Sorry to hear your having such a bad time. Unfortunately issues do happen and people become unsatisfied. I, on the other hand, have been treated very well by their customer service.

Found your remarks about the issues your teammate had. To bad he destroyed the mask before it could be looked at by Save Phace. A lens coming off is a major deal.
Quote:

Last Sunday at the 5th Annual Autism Benefit, one of our players was hit by two consecutive paintballs square on the lens. This caused the plastic that held the lens in place to break and the lens popped out placing our player’s life in danger. While it is recommended by the manufacturer to replace the lens immediately after taking any direct hit to the lens, I (and the rest of the team) still feel this unacceptable. So I’d like to take this space to make a suggestion and few announcements.

First off: At this time, we strongly urge you to not purchase a Save Phace mask. I know our previous review has received a lot of traffic and may have swayed some of you in your purchase and I apologize.

Secondly: Because of this incident we have decided to no longer accept an endorsement from Save Phace. We will not be sporting Save Phace masks next season and we are actively searching for a new team mask. Feel free to leave your recommendation in the comments.

Lastly: Our original article will be updated to reflect these recent events in the coming days.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:24 AM #13
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

also leads to believe how true the statement is.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:57 AM #14
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
First run of any product are going to have issues. I would guess he was shot towards the side of the lens where it mounts to the goggle frame, I could be wrong. There was an issue with the first run lens not being made properly and Save Phace has addressed this by replacing the lens for anyone who contacted them.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:33 PM #15
{OG}-Chubbs-

Last edited by {OG}-Chubbs- : 10-30-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:13 PM #16
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Save Phace did let everyone know. It was NOT a safety issue with the lens. It was a fit issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Boss View Post
The only recall that was done was on the thermal lens due to the thermal pane being cut to the wrong size which did not allow the lens to fit into the mask at all...

Last edited by Txvman : 10-18-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:02 PM #17
{OG}-Chubbs-

how can you say they let everyone know when my team being sponsored by them was not informed of any recall on any product what so ever.

you like this company and i think thats great, but please dont try and defend them by saying they did things that they didnt. it seems like you and me are born to agree to disagree over many products, personally i think save phace makes a bad product and that dmc is a horrible store, but thats my opinion. if you want to ask about the dmc thing then ask me over pm.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 PM #18
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
I like wearing my masks high up on my head. With my i3 pros and grillz this isn't a problem.

I tried a save phace mask on a couple of weeks ago, and with how i normally wear masks my bottom lip was completely exposed. After fitting the mask so my chin was covered, the nose foam was down so far that I couldn't breath out of my nose.

I mean really cmon. Masks not fitting all people is one thing. But making masks that only fit little children isn't good.
Xcape paintball.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 PM #19
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by {OG}-Chubbs- View Post
how can you say they let everyone know when my team being sponsored by them was not informed of any recall on any product what so ever.

you like this company and i think thats great, but please dont try and defend them by saying they did things that they didnt. it seems like you and me are born to agree to disagree over many products, personally i think save phace makes a bad product and that dmc is a horrible store, but thats my opinion. if you want to ask about the dmc thing then ask me over pm.
Save Phace posted about the problems with the lens. I just quoted it. So that is pretty much settled. I just wish we know how much was user error and how much was product. We'll never know since the mask and lens were destroyed by the owner.

No need to PM you, I know who you and your crowd are so your opinion does not mean much to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
I like wearing my masks high up on my head. With my i3 pros and grillz this isn't a problem.

I tried a save phace mask on a couple of weeks ago, and with how i normally wear masks my bottom lip was completely exposed. After fitting the mask so my chin was covered, the nose foam was down so far that I couldn't breath out of my nose.

I mean really cmon. Masks not fitting all people is one thing. But making masks that only fit little children isn't good.
Everyone's face is different. One thing to remember is that the SP mask is NOT designed to be worn high up. By wearing it high up your wearing it out of the design parameters. I mean come on what do you expect when you don't wear it how it is designed to be worn? You may like wearing your t-shirts backwards, that does not mean it comfortable to others. Thats fine, it just means the mask is not for you.

Last edited by Txvman : 10-18-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:55 PM #20
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
Save Phace posted about the problems with the lens. I just quoted it. So that is pretty much settled. I just wish we know how much was user error and how much was product. We'll never know since the mask and lens were destroyed by the owner.
except there wasnt a mass mailing, email, or snail mail, and there werent ANY calls put out by the company stating the facts...

there are MANY players who may have bought these masks that have never even HEARD of PBN... so posting it here, helps those who read it... but what about the ones who dont? are THEY at fault?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:13 PM #21
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Now read it NoelyDeezNutz

Quote:
Save Phace posted about the problems with the lens. I just quoted it. So that is pretty much settled.

Concerning the broken mask, I just wish we know how much was user error and how much was product. We'll never know since the mask and lens were destroyed by the owner.
The lenses were not "recalled" and the lens did not fit into the mask so the person trying to get it to fit most likely called Save Phace about the problem also.....

EDIT: I will say that I know nothing of SP's data base of customers so I don't know how able they are to contact buyers.

Last edited by Txvman : 10-18-2008 at 09:18 PM.