"Upstream, small redirectons of flow, downstream everything shifts."
TPB_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 AM #2
HuktAwnFoniks
Thanks a lot, Bin Laden

You spelled it wrong, dick.

And I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time. It's been pushed back many many times and I'm glad it's finally coming out next weekend.
HuktAwnFoniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 AM #3
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
IchBinKaseBrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 AM #4
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinKaseBrot View Post
x482
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM #5
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuktAwnFoniks View Post
You spelled it wrong, dick.

And I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time. It's been pushed back many many times and I'm glad it's finally coming out next weekend.

Yea I knew I wasn't going to be able to spell it right, haha. I don't even think it's actually a word, so I don't really care.

I think it's going to be pretty ****ing funny.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 PM #6
Fistville

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinKaseBrot View Post
Agreed.
Fistville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 AM #7
pilot93 (Banned)

ive been waitin for it also
pilot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 AM #8
IAmTwi
Yeahhh.

I can't even watch Bill Maher for a minute. He is so ignorant and up his own ***, it makes me sick.

Any time he opens his mouth and starts talking to people, he thinks he is so superior to them. His "comedy" is simple slander on whomever is not popular at the moment. They stock the audience with so many radical liberals that any time he says something along the lines of "George Bush is a horrible president" or "Obama is going to win the election", the audiance erupts into cheers.

It is sickening and pitiful.

edit: spelling.

Last edited by IAmTwi : 09-27-2008 at 12:27 AM.
IAmTwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:35 AM #9
151*
Will Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTwi View Post
I can't even watch Bill Maher for a minute. He is so ignorant and up his own ***, it makes me sick.

Any time he opens his mouth and starts talking to people, he thinks he is so superior to them. His "comedy" is simple slander on whomever is not popular at the moment. They stock the audience with so many radical liberals that any time he says something along the lines of "George Bush is a horrible president" or "Obama is going to win the election", the audiance erupts into cheers.

pretty much agree
Old 09-27-2008, 12:56 AM #10
fuhrer325 (Banned)
I'm cooler than you

I hate Maher. Enough said.
fuhrer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:44 AM #11
CAHunter3
Captain America

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see the opinions in here. I thought I was all alone here.

Then again, I'm in California. So I AM alone here.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 AM #12
thehaysta
wheddup

watching tivod real time right now son
Old 09-27-2008, 08:49 AM #13
thoenew
BATMAN DON'T CARE

thoenew helped look for balloons
thoenew is reppin' sidebar 4 life
thoenew has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thoenew has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
looks interesting, but I probably won't see it
Old 09-27-2008, 10:16 AM #14
HuktAwnFoniks
Thanks a lot, Bin Laden

Quote:

I'm constantly on the fence about Maher. I agree that he's an arrogant prick and I can't ****ing stand the audience at his show. It's got to be the biggest group of Yes Men in the history of live television. He repeats several of the same lines over and over again and it gets old and lame. I still try and watch the show every week though. He's nowhere on par with the likes of Stewart and Colbert.

I still want to see this movie though. Regardless of how arrogant he is about his beliefs, I generally like what he says about religion. He attacks it without mercy, something most people are afraid to do, and I love watching religious zealots squirm.

So regardless of how hacky I think Maher is, I'll be seeing this film.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM #15
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:

That's why it's going to be so funny...it's like ignorant people vs. ignorant people. Should be good.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:50 PM #16
IAmTwi
Yeahhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuktAwnFoniks View Post
I'm constantly on the fence about Maher. I agree that he's an arrogant prick and I can't ****ing stand the audience at his show. It's got to be the biggest group of Yes Men in the history of live television. He repeats several of the same lines over and over again and it gets old and lame. I still try and watch the show every week though. He's nowhere on par with the likes of Stewart and Colbert.

I still want to see this movie though. Regardless of how arrogant he is about his beliefs, I generally like what he says about religion. He attacks it without mercy, something most people are afraid to do, and I love watching religious zealots squirm.

So regardless of how hacky I think Maher is, I'll be seeing this film.
I don't get why people feel the need to attack people of religion. I agree some people take it too far with "jihad" or "*** haters". The same can be said for liberal extremists like PETA or Green Peace. As for the average person who goes to church on Sundays and doesn't inject their beliefs into your life, you are simply attacking them for something they feel is true in their heart.

The fact of the matter is, nobody can ever prove creationism over evolution. It is simply impossible because nobody has first hand evidence of either, it is all simple lab work and theory.

People like Maher are just another Michael Moore. They present very far from the left. They ignore certain facts that contradict their own opinions. Their work is typical modern day propaganda. I feel sorry for people who think this is true journalism or objective media.

Last edited by NotYourPsycho : 09-29-2008 at 11:22 AM.
IAmTwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 PM #17
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:

The fact of the matter is, nobody can ever prove creationism over evolution. It is simply impossible because nobody has first hand evidence of either, it is all simple lab work and theory.

That's wrong, it is possible. You can't think about things that cannot, or do not exist, as then you would be thinking about nothing, which of course, is impossible.

So we may not have the tools to answer such questions yet, but because we have the questions, we can get the answers.

(Assuming of course we actually do know what the question is, which is of course another debate in itself.)

Old 09-27-2008, 01:46 PM #18
IAmTwi
Yeahhh.

In order to prove a theory as a law, you need to have a controlled experiment that can be duplicated several times which created first hand evidence. Seeing how nobody can create a test about evolution and duplicate it over and over again, it is impossible to prove evolution.

Seeing how nobody can seem to get a hold of God, and there is no physical evidence of creationism, that too is unproven.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM #19
HuktAwnFoniks
Thanks a lot, Bin Laden

Quote:
I don't get why people feel the need to attack people of religion. I agree some people take it too far with "jihad" or "*** haters". The same can be said for liberal extremists like PETA or Green Peace. As for the average person who goes to church on Sundays and doesn't inject their beliefs into your life, you are simply attacking them for something they feel is true in their heart.

People like Maher are just another Michael Moore. They present very far from the left. They ignore certain facts that contradict their own opinions. Their work is typical modern day propaganda. I feel sorry for people who think this is true journalism or objective media.
It's a comedy. It may be shot documentary style, but I'm going in with a comedic perspective.

And he's presenting the fundamentalist radicals, not your typical person that just goes to church every Sunday. At least I think so. I don't really care either way.

Sure he's biased, but I'm not going into this movie to be informed about anything. I just want to laugh at some insane fundamentalists who squirm when someone asks them a question that relies heavily on critical thinking or logic and not at all on faith. Call me an *******, but I think it will be highly entertaining.

Last edited by NotYourPsycho : 09-29-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:19 PM #20
TPB_Bubbles
Veritas Vos Liberabit

Quote:
In order to prove a theory as a law, you need to have a controlled experiment that can be duplicated several times which created first hand evidence. Seeing how nobody can create a test about evolution and duplicate it over and over again, it is impossible to prove evolution.

Seeing how nobody can seem to get a hold of God, and there is no physical evidence of creationism, that too is unproven.

I didn't said it was be proven, but that you can't prove that it can or cannot be proven.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:35 PM #21
shagohod
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

the first time i saw bill maher wason larry king a couple weeks ago.

for about 20-30 seconds i thought he was cool and smart. then i just realized he's just a ****ing douchebag. his stand up comedy is ok though, as long as its not religious or political

shagohod is offline   Reply With Quote