PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM #1
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

Gettin a 07 Vicious,,, Yay Me!!!

I should be getting my new-to-me 07 Vicious next week and will have to do a little tech'ing to get it running up to par. Specs go:

07 Vicious Ego
Ti Zick
Cure 2
Tadao Yakuza (recommendations for settings guys?)

The original owner says that the gun either shuts-off or the noid shuts-off (could not really tell from the descriptions of the problem he gave me). There's no physical damage to the noid (no grip screw damage) so I'm hoping it'll either be a battery issue or maintenance issue,,, maybe a re-build is in order. I'm fairly confident when it comes to re-building/tech'ing my own marker so I would really like to do this myself if at all possible. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to thank "Bill" who has offered to send me replacement Orings,,, Very cool
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 PM #2
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
So what is your question? Aside from asking for setting which is what the official settings thread is for. Not to mention you're asking for settings for an aftermarket board.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:03 PM #3
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
So what is your question? Aside from asking for setting which is what the official settings thread is for. Not to mention you're asking for settings for an aftermarket board.
Sorry about that,,, I can see the vagueness in my post.

Aside from asking for setting recommendations from those with the Yakuza in their 07 Egos,,, I'd like to know the best way to troubleshoot for both issues mentioned (possible battery or noid issues) and ways to address them.

I'm rummaging through the stickies right now but please by all means post away,,, forewarned is forearmed.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:58 PM #4
RoobixKyoobe
Whoa Oh.....

what an original thread.

tech ur gun over a chronograph to get optimal settings around 285-300 fps.
RoobixKyoobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM #5
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoobixKyoobe View Post
what an original thread.

tech ur gun over a chronograph to get optimal settings around 285-300 fps.
Thanks,,, I'll do just that as soon as I get it up and running.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 PM #6
RoobixKyoobe
Whoa Oh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggfueler View Post
Thanks,,, I'll do just that as soon as I get it up and running.
and for the gun turning off randomly, tighten the board screws down.

heres my settings for a well broken in ego

dwell:10
empty:1
ball:1
lpr:flush
hpr:3 turns out

more settings
dwell:14
lpr:1 turn in from flush
hpr:3 turns from flush
RoobixKyoobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 PM #7
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoobixKyoobe View Post
and for the gun turning off randomly, tighten the board screws down.

heres my settings for a well broken in ego

dwell:10
lpr:flush
hpr:3 turns out

more settings
dwell:14
lpr:1 turn in from flush
hpr:3 turns from flush
See now ,,, I didn't come across that one yet in all of my searches here,,, thanks Kyoobe
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 PM #8
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

Got my 07 Vicious today,,, cleaned her up and swapped a dead battery along with some Orings,,, I am a believer.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:34 AM #9
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Some of the settings quoted above (for instance "Ball" and "Empty") won't apply to a Yakuza board. Also, a dwell of 10 seems rather low for an Ego7, even when that is broken in.

I would suggest initially setting the dwell to that for a new stock Ego7 - 16ms. You can always lower it later.

LPR adjustment between flush to one turn in - no further.

Rate of fire and mode will obviously be dictated by your tournament series or field - set them accordingly.

Set your debounce to complement the way you have your trigger set. There are three settings that are used to control bounce, adjusted as follows: -

Debounce, AMB, CPF setup steps, while using paint and air:
1. Turn AMB and CPF off (set both to 1).
2. Starting at debounce 1-3, raise the debounce setting a notch at a time until excessive trigger bounce goes away. The goal is to have one pull, one shot, regardless of rate of fire. Do NOT slow pull test for bounce during this phase. Instead, pull the trigger rapidly or walk it, listening for double or triple fires.
3. When it appears that it is only one shot, one pull for solid trigger pulls, try the slow pull test. Holding the marker steady, slowly pull the trigger and see if multiple shots can be generated from the single pull.
4. Increase the CPF setting a notch at a time until the slow pull bounce starts to disappear. An additional test is to fire a few rounds quickly, then hold the trigger right on the activation point to see if the marker will run away.
5. If you reach setting 10 with CPF and the marker can still be slow pulled to fire full-automatic, your debounce setting is probably too low. Go back to step 2.
6. AMB should not be set above 3, if possible, since it is not as transparent to the user as CPF. Even a CPF setting of 10 will not be noticed by the user.

Try shooting the marker with the current BIP ("ball in place") setting. If the marker seems prone to chopping, increase the setting. It varies depending on the speed of your loader. The quicker your loader can stuff a ball in to the breech, the lower your BIP setting can be. Slower loaders will obviously require higher BIP settings.

That's really as far as you need to go as long as you don't have any personal settings you want to incorporate in to the programming of the board. The Tadao's stock settings work just fine, so you should only need to adjust the settings that vary from marker to marker - dwell, debounce and BIP.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 09-23-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Typo
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 PM #10
oggfueler
"Cuz we're dumb."

Thanks for the help Uziel,,, I'm gonna put some more paint through it later today,,, just from dry-firing with a swab in the barrel I think with the debounce @ 3 I've gotten rid of most of the bounce.