Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-26-2017, 08:56 PM #1
Mondoatx

2007 Proto Matrix Rail Leak between grip frame and body

Looking at buying one of these... I like fixing guns and getting them working... then selling them for a profit or breaking even (fixing them is fun for me).

Supposedly it has a leak between the grip frame and the body somewhere...

Any ideas what they problem could be?

Easy fix or potential to be very expensive?

Don't know much about these guns... but I imagine there are hoses and sh*t that go from the noid to the valve etc etc in betw the frame and the body somewhere...

I am down with spending some cash for parts... but just don't want to buy a money pit LOL.

Thanks all.

M
Mondoatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 AM #2
DYEnamic
Architecture Student

DYEnamic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DYEnamic supports Team VICIOUS
DYEnamic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DYEnamic has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If it is a slow leak it possibly could be dried out lube that has caused a seal to fail. In most cases just remove the solenoid and relube the gasket seal and reinstall. Only takes a very small amount of lube and it should seal back up.

Other scenarios could include a torn gasket, which is a fairly cheap fix for a new gasket call dye.

The worst scenario would be a blown solenoid. if this is the case your looking at a $50+ dollar fix for a new noid. You might find a used one for cheaper on ebay or other sites, but i would recommend purchasing a new one to be on the safe side.

The pmr is an excellent marker to customize and part of the fun now a days is hunting down all the old aftermarket parts that used to be made for these older guns. I enjoy searching through ebay for parts such as this myself.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
LUXE #10
Ninja Nerve Shocker SFT
Infamous Intimidator
Ninja PMR Cobalt PM6 w/ul
Classic Impulse MANIAC 06 Ego
PayPal Verified
DYEnamic is offline   Reply With Quote