Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:24 AM #1
robertcg01
My wife+My 2 kids=Mylife

has been a member for 10 years
ocean of choice is so huge I am drowning in decisions

My question that I needed to posts is this, and you seemed to be educated enough to answer. I am old, my first game was in 1988 and I have always owned a low end, parts added to spyder. I have been away for a long time and being that I am 37 now I have one marker purchase left and the ocean of choice is so huge I am drowning in decisions. Is this statement accurate said high end marker from about 5 years ago better than said mid marker now. IE "species Timmy" over "invert mini over 05 speed w/a pipe kit" It is your statement of paint to barrel that I hold so true. But it is the technical that I have missed out on. Say said timmy has tado board and dye ul barrel and speed is stock with its pipe kit, these would still be comparable to mid level of today right? Or do I spend the 350.00 and move on with the mini look I hate to bug and if this the wrong time I understand. I just want to play again with something new and fresh. Something done no more upgrades or what if's. Just some good ole up close, building clearing, take it the neck paintball.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2008, 02:02 AM #2
ipodpeter35
Jizzed in My Pants

ipodpeter35 helped look for balloons
I would much rather have a species timmy (albeit 2k5'd) over many of the $350 (that is if we're talking new here) guns.

Establishing a budget is key. I heard $350 so I'm assuming that's your budget. I would buy a nice PM7 from the BST's here or maybe a marq6 or 7. If you're talking new I would go with a G3. Bob long still sells gen 4 and gen 3 timmys on boblongdirect.com though under the clearence section if you want a brand new timmy but you want one for cheap.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:53 AM #3
bloodreaper

bloodreaper supports Team VICIOUS
This isnt a question to ask others as much as a question to ask yourself. We cant tell you what you want. The best thing to do is to go to a local shop or talk to some locals to check out the markers you are interested in. Check out how the others feel and shoot compared to your marker, and if you like it over your old marker enough to shell out the money then why not?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 AM #4
loneassassin
A Grim and...

An older high end gun is still a high end gun, that's a general rule of thumb. There has not been one improvement made to the way guns shoot since 2003 - they just keep getting lighter and smaller. So if you pick up an older Timmy, 05 Ego, or DM5, for example, it will shoot just as good as the 08 models, but will be heavier and probably a little bigger. The newer models also have up to date modes, but on semi, they are all the same in terms of speed.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Closed Thread