Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:00 AM #862
casualties07

Alright thanks, I'll have to check it out.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2009, 03:44 PM #863
brickwall329
i'm steve!

brickwall329 helped look for balloons
I met a girl from Boulder... really wish I could go to Copper instead of Killington now, haha.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:29 PM #864
casualties07

I plan on hitting up Copper this season, I'll rip it up for you then.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:12 PM #865
brickwall329
i'm steve!

brickwall329 helped look for balloons
thanks

she's from Louisville, I don't know if you're near there...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 PM #866
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

Killa_X is a Paintball photographer
working on planning a trip out west, probably the salt lake area, for next winter.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:31 AM #867
H34D SH01

Alta FTW?
But for real, Alta really does have the best snow on earth =D
Nice people, no ahole borders, and its well worth the price, I live in ct and thats my home mountain =D
Edit:
Name- Not Important.
Home Mtn.- Alta, SLC, UT, USA, World
Setup- Pair or origional pocket rockets(those things are effing insane), look nevada bindings, patagonia jacket, patagonia pants(into the skiing, not the fashion ), bolle goggles(for the depth perception), Borei(or however you spell it) helmet, boots depend on the year lol.
Info- I'm 14, turning 15 soon, been skiing since I was 2, Alta is my home mountain even though I live in Ct, Dad has a share of madriver, so I go there sometimes. I don't race, just cruise the mountain, finding powder where ever it is =D. Inherited skiing from my dad, he skis with chris davenport, and dav couldnt find 1 error in my dad's(51 years old) skiing =O

Last edited by H34D SH01 : 07-20-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 PM #868
casualties07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_X View Post
working on planning a trip out west, probably the salt lake area, for next winter.
Park City is win, I loved it when I went on vacation a few years back. Powder was nice when I was there too.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:56 PM #869
paint-o-steeze
new schoolers unite.

has been a member for 10 years
i put down 5 bills last winter to get a pair of Head JO pros.

they waited a week to tell me they couldnt order them.

not. happy.

SIGMA CHI
Old 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM #870
casualties07

Sounds like terrible customer service to me.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:00 PM #871
Carnage88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickwall329 View Post
I met a girl from Boulder... really wish I could go to Copper instead of Killington now, haha.
Go to Sugarbush it's wayyy better than Killington IMO, and you have to hit the castlerock chair you won't regret it.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:13 PM #872
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

ski season is getting close . Got my Freeskier Buyer's Guide in the other day, everything looks sick as usual.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 PM #873
casualties07

I ordered my 2 year subscription to Freeskier a few weeks ago, so I guess I should be getting the buyers guide soon...I hope.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM #874
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

free lifetime subscription
<-----
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 PM #875
TeddyBear1992
OneLoveOneLifeOneChance

TeddyBear1992 supports Team VICIOUS

Cody I added you on flickr.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:21 PM #876
Dynastyshockerz
H*U*R*R*IC*A*N*E*S

Gabe, just started freestyle skiing at the end of last season, hit a few small jumps. My home mountain is thunder ridege, but i plan on heading to hunter a lot this season, i'm on the ski team and we race a tuxedo ridge, once the snow comes down i ski like 3 or 4 times a week. I rented twin tips this year, i'm not done growing yet, where do all you other freestyle skiiers get all these fresh jackets and pants? Any advice on doing tricks, what are the eaisest tricks to do? my goal for this season is to be able to land a 180 half way through the season and to learn how to hit rails and try to get a 360 down. Do you guys think these are reasonable goals? All help will be appreciated

Ski Sale, Nordica Soul Riders 177, First Drop, Orage, Oakley and some summer wear! Check it yo!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post75630499
Old 09-12-2009, 10:55 PM #877
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyshockerz View Post
Gabe, just started freestyle skiing at the end of last season, hit a few small jumps. My home mountain is thunder ridege, but i plan on heading to hunter a lot this season, i'm on the ski team and we race a tuxedo ridge, once the snow comes down i ski like 3 or 4 times a week. I rented twin tips this year, i'm not done growing yet, where do all you other freestyle skiiers get all these fresh jackets and pants? Any advice on doing tricks, what are the eaisest tricks to do? my goal for this season is to be able to land a 180 half way through the season and to learn how to hit rails and try to get a 360 down. Do you guys think these are reasonable goals? All help will be appreciated
welcome. I'll add you to the list. Also, if I forgot about adding anybody to the list, lmk.

fresh jackets and pants...hmmm. Check out newschoolers.com forums, lots of steeze there. If you want to buy new, Backcountry.com is excellent. Also keep an eye on steepandcheap.com, they've got awesome deals.

tricks.....get your grabs down, easy enough. When you start doing 180's, practice on flat ground and little rollies. Just sorta pop and turn your shoulders/hips.

360's will be intimidating at first, but once you do a few, you'll get used to the feeling of spinning. Again, start on small jumps, 5-10 footers work fine. You are going to need more speed than you think. Basically, if your speed on a straight air is putting you on the sweet spot in the landing, you're going to come up short on a 3. So get some speed, set your feet about shoulder width once you hit the tranny and keep your knees bent. You may need to first do 3's by winding up your arms. Once you pop, throw your arms a bit, and look over your should on the side of the spin (you spin left, look over your left shoulder). Keep looking, find the landing, set down the landing gears and ride away. Without fail, the first few tries, your legs are going to flail, no way around it. That'll be one thing you want to focus on after getting the rotation down. Once your comfortable with everything, start putting grabs into it. Start out with a safety (grab outside of ski with the same side hand), and just keep building your repertoire.

Rails....start on boxes before moving to rails. Pop up on the rail turn your body 90* so you are left/right foot forward. Keep your legs shoulder width apart, 60% of your weight on your front foot, knees bent, arms relaxed. Once your comfortable with that, try box rails, then shotguns and double barrels. Then you can work on spins in and out of rails, but you'll want to be comfortable with 180's and 360's AND rails/boxes before you try it.

To sum it all up, practice practice practice. Don't be afraid to fall, it's going to happen. Better to go balls out and fall than look like a squid.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:29 AM #878
pbbigmac2

pbbigmac2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_X View Post
Better to go balls out and fall than look like a squid.
Truth.

Also, you didn't add me to the list.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM #879
Dynastyshockerz
H*U*R*R*IC*A*N*E*S

ha ha ha, i will definitely remember that, thanks a lot. i see your a new yorker too, u live any where near any of these mountains, thunder ridge, tuxedo ridge, catamount, bellayre, hunter

Ski Sale, Nordica Soul Riders 177, First Drop, Orage, Oakley and some summer wear! Check it yo!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 PM #880
Carnage88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyshockerz View Post
ha ha ha, i will definitely remember that, thanks a lot. i see your a new yorker too, u live any where near any of these mountains, thunder ridge, tuxedo ridge, catamount, bellayre, hunter
I know the person who does the freestyle school and bumps at Bellayre George and Eric Tompkins.

1. James Lang
2. Mountain Creek/Camelback
3. Line Chronic/K-2 Public Enemy looking to get a pair of dynastar trouble makers
4. Been skiing since I could walk it's the best thing you can do standing up.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM #881
Dynastyshockerz
H*U*R*R*IC*A*N*E*S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage88 View Post
I know the person who does the freestyle school and bumps at Bellayre George and Eric Tompkins.

1. James Lang
2. Mountain Creek/Camelback
3. Line Chronic/K-2 Public Enemy looking to get a pair of dynastar trouble makers
4. Been skiing since I could walk it's the best thing you can do standing up.
o cool, u ever ski at bellayre, did they teach u anything

Old 09-13-2009, 04:37 PM #882
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

added pbbigmac and carnage. Welcome. Stay active and follow the rules.

gabe, i ski hunter and bellayre every once in a while. I'm more up north, about 40 minutes west of albany.