Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 PM #547
G-rant
Ghostride Your Whip

G-rant is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
If you've ever tried racing I think you'd like it. I absolutely love it. I hate wearing the suit, but you get used to it. Running gates is so ****ing fun.

I can snowboard and ski. I'm a better skiier, but on an average day, I'm probably better than 80% of the people on the mountain at snowboarding.
ive tried it. used to run gates every so often. i dont like it. i have much more fun bombing the hill or ripping pow.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 PM #548
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

equang2 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rant View Post
im sorry but racing is ****ing stupid. i grew up skiing pow and park and ive never seen the attraction of putting on a gay suit and just going down the mountain between gates. idk maybe its just me. sorry if you race lol
ok, its ok for you to not like it, just don't call it gay if you haven't done it or dont have a good reason. why is the suit gay? are you a bit insecure?

Quote:
If you've ever tried racing I think you'd like it. I absolutely love it. I hate wearing the suit, but you get used to it. Running gates is so ****ing fun.

It is one of the best things i have ever done. i enjoy it soooooooooo much. i am not a really good racer but i just started skiing last year. i soooooooooo bad wish i would have started skiing a long time ago. i have really high standards tho, and i have learned really fast, although not without many long hard hours on that hill.

I can snowboard and ski. I'm a better skiier, but on an average day, I'm probably better than 80% of the people on the mountain at snowboarding.
a ton of snowboarders DO NOT know what they are doing at all. they go up the chair, and go straight down without watching anyone else. or some of them just slide like all the way down the hill, at like .1mph, just sliding with their body turned downhill like a skiier would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rant View Post
ha i have a long standing hate for racers. every one ive every met has been a dick and they think they rule the hill because they race. i could care less if i piss them off ill out ski them any day.
I'm sorry. If they have been dicks then you have a valid reason. Just because i am a racer, i do not think that makes me better than everyone on the hill. Props to you for having the skillz that killz. I race, but it doesnt automatically make me a badass amazing skiier.

Today i failed to make the GS varsity squad. my first run was the worst GS run ive ever had. i could not turn at all, i was doing absolutely NOTHING with my knees. i would go straight into a gate and have to make the turn like 20 feet after the gate, i have no clue what i was doing. My time was like a 27+ when the course leader had a 14 or 15. My second run, i had a bad start, almost tripping up on my skis, and i just skiied, made minimal mistakes, and got the 4th best time with 17.30, no speedsuit when the course leader had a speedsuit. Unfortunately, the coach didnt not see my 2nd run, and i really outskiied a ton of people, and my combined time just killed me...............

and i broke my sidekick. it was in my pocket of my spyder pants that also broke yesterday when i hit a rut and my right hip bounced off the snow. The impact with the ground hurt like a ***** since i was at full speed and the fall just happened in about .01 seconds. I had the feeling of something going wrong with my right hand turn so i leaned left with my chest to try to counteract the turning forces and the rut was about half a foot deep(not made by our skiiers, it was there from a course b4 ours) so i just got home and the screen on my sidekick broke. can still call but cant read anything in the center third of the screen.cant understand texts when its like" What did you _____________________________________ for that thing?" gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hopefully ill make the slalom squad again on monday. got my leki pole guards(since regular ones wouldnt fit on my poles) and my new spyder shin guards. so my hands wont feel broken and wont be bruised from slalom and my pants wont receive more burn marks

Last edited by equang2 : 01-07-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM #549
TeamOutcast614
Fist Pumpin' Like a Champ

i skiied for the first time about a week ago and really enjoyed it.

can anyone direct me towards some equipment to buy for some occasional fun and hitting up the local slopes with friends?

Two Different HPA/N2 Tanks CHEAP

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3377284

Priced to sell.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:16 AM #550
jacksonblue
Most Legendary.

jacksonblue donated to help Peyton Trent
jacksonblue helped look for balloons
jacksonblue is playing at Living Legends III
jacksonblue owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLAT-IQ View Post
What I have found is it's usually the fags who think they're good at snowboarding but really aren't that are dicks to skiers. Usually the better guys understand that we're there for the common love of the mountain. But then you'll get those people who are just dicks. I totally know what you're saying.
I have definitely found this to be true
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 AM #551
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
snowboarders with attitudes rock!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 AM #552
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOutcast614 View Post

can anyone direct me towards some equipment to buy for some occasional fun and hitting up the local slopes with friends?
www.craigslist.com

If you're not a serious skiier I'd recommend getting some used gear, so you're not emptying your wallet on stuff.

Skillz
Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM #553
midgettosser
R.I.P. Gerb

anyone know where i can get some ski boots online? i live in nebraska so there are no ski shops around, but we go to colorado about 5-7 times during the winter. I've found some places that look reliable, but nobody has 32mp.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:35 PM #554
cnizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOutcast614 View Post

the main thing you're gonna want is a nice soft ski...I don't know if that means anything to you, but go to a local shop and ask about some nice good soft skis for beginners. Off the top of my head I would recommend Rossignol Bandits. Also buy a pair of ski's that are shorter than you, say... to your chin-eye level for a good length to start learning how to ski. Shop around and look for a nice used pair of skis.

Last edited by cnizz : 01-08-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM #555
brickwall329
i'm steve!

brickwall329 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgettosser View Post
anyone know where i can get some ski boots online? i live in nebraska so there are no ski shops around, but we go to colorado about 5-7 times during the winter. I've found some places that look reliable, but nobody has 32mp.
You need to try on boots before you buy them.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 PM #556
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

just had the worst race ever. GS, i had a good first run, but my second run, i just ate it and lost a ski. i really dont know what happened since i was going so fast and it happened in a fraction of a 2nd. really i think i dropped my inside hand when i was making a hard turn to the right and i just hit the snow and died. I was still disoriented from my fall and someone was yelling at me to get out of the course. i looked up the hill and did not see someone coming through the course so i cut across. I was told that a racer was a few feet from hitting me, i just cleared in time. I FEel sooooooooooooo ****ing bad since i got a DNF, my night was ruined, and i ruined someone else's night.

how do you experienced racers bounce back from something like this? ive never been soo frustrated before in my whole skiing career (1 year haha) and ive honestly never been so frustrated before in my life. What made it worst was that when my friend dropped me off at my house after, i realized i had left my leki poles at the hill. Then my mom pulled in and she got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad at me for losing the poles that she had paid 129.99 and tax for. Worst night ever.

Only highlight of the night: My friends on the team i find annoying since they care sooooooooooo much about timing, beating other people, when i just care about how well i can do myself, whether i put forth my best effort or not. So they always talk about their expensives waxes, the Swix HF bd7. Im always saying that i could make 1 better turn and it would totally outdo any $ amount wax that they could put on their skis. However, tonite, before the race, my friend let me melt some HFbd6 onto my skis, and HOLY ****. i actually wax my skis, i usually use LF or CH, but when i was on the bd, IT was like racing on air. The skis had absolutely NO FRICTION with the snow, just glided right through it all. It was crazier even when i tried on my friends ski with bd7 on it and it felt like someone melted 50 pounds of butter onto it and it was like slipping on ice. thought i would not be used to the speed. I skiied not so great my first run but i got a very decent time. unfortunately the 2nd run just killed me and im totally lost, i feel like i really want to quit ski racing, trying to fight hard and stay positive.......................
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 PM #557
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
everyone falls dude, don't beat yourself up about it. Falling just means you're pushing yourself and not being a *****

In other news, my knee is starting to come around...should be on the snow next weekend.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 PM #558
ghostcell

has been a member for 10 years
Won my first HS of the season today. Missed my first run so I had to run dead last the first run haha. Was so ****ing cold, but oh well. Fun day.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:04 PM #559
Bobman7
Jewcifer

dropped my 4frnts off to get mounted today...skiing hurt a bit in general though.
http://www.allisports.com/videos/ski...e=sport&id=351 sick run...
Old 01-10-2009, 08:06 PM #560
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

I watched my friend break his arm the other day. It was ****ed up. It looked like my racing poles. Now he needs screws put in.

That video was ****ing insane.

Skillz

Last edited by jogabonito7 : 01-10-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:09 PM #561
casualties07

I can't imagine watching that happen. That would make me feel sick...

But yes, good video.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:24 PM #562
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

at our thursday night GS race its suppose to be lower than 5 degrees. wowwwwww
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM #563
Bobman7
Jewcifer

psh, forecast here is -20 next week from what I hear.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 AM #564
TeamOutcast614
Fist Pumpin' Like a Champ

Quote:
www.craigslist.com

If you're not a serious skiier I'd recommend getting some used gear, so you're not emptying your wallet on stuff.
exactly where i've been browsing for stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnizz View Post
the main thing you're gonna want is a nice soft ski...I don't know if that means anything to you, but go to a local shop and ask about some nice good soft skis for beginners. Off the top of my head I would recommend Rossignol Bandits. Also buy a pair of ski's that are shorter than you, say... to your chin-eye level for a good length to start learning how to ski. Shop around and look for a nice used pair of skis.
alright cool... thanks for the help.

Two Different HPA/N2 Tanks CHEAP

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3377284

Priced to sell.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:03 PM #565
MW.Easy-D
Coast Is No Coast.

MW.Easy-D is playing at Living Legends V
MW.Easy-D is playing at Living Legends VI
Had so much fun hitting butterboxes and rails. I am pretty sore . Only fell 2 times because I was trying 180 off ramps. Had a blast. Skiied 4:30 til midnight.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:25 PM #566
pballa2099
Im not a 2K'6r

what size park skiis should i get? im 5'5 and about 140.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:37 PM #567
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

Killa_X is a Paintball photographer
you should look at skis between 159-169 cm.