PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM #526
SPLAT-IQ
Let It Be

has been a member for 10 years
I'm [miller] in case you ever see me around.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2009, 09:39 PM #527
casualties07

I might have to check it out, I've never been on it before.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 PM #528
SPLAT-IQ
Let It Be

it's great if you're a freeskier.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM #529
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

equang2 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLAT-IQ View Post
it's great if you're a freeskier.
i really dont understand parkingskiing/freeskiing. more an more as im becoming a racer, i find it less fun to ski without gates although everyone can improve a ton without gates. maybe one day when im older ill appreciate freeskiing more
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM #530
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
different challanges, racing gets boring after awhile, and it gets really hard to ski slalom after high school...gs doesn't really do it for me.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM #531
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman7 View Post
different challanges, racing gets boring after awhile, and it gets really hard to ski slalom after high school...gs doesn't really do it for me.
i really want to race in college. and yes slalom>GS
even though slalom is 20x harder, and im not very good yet, i ****ing love it.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 AM #532
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
freeskiing is so much fun, I would never consider racing, to each his own
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 AM #533
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

I love both so much. Each type of skiing has their perks.

Skillz
Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM #534
cnizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by equang2 View Post
i really dont understand parkingskiing/freeskiing. more an more as im becoming a racer, i find it less fun to ski without gates although everyone can improve a ton without gates. maybe one day when im older ill appreciate freeskiing more
I used to be insane into racing and while I was doin it I had lots of fun, but you gotta get out of the gates sometimes and allow yourself to really enjoy skiing. I just got way to burnt out after awhile
Old 01-07-2009, 01:31 PM #535
SPLAT-IQ
Let It Be

Yeah, I used to be into racing a little bit. Then I tried freeskiing. I find that you have the ability to express yourself through your style more in the parks and you can just have generally more fun.

To each his own though
Old 01-07-2009, 02:04 PM #536
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Yeah, I used to be into racing a little bit. Then I tried freeskiing. I find that you have the ability to express yourself through your style more in the parks and you can just have generally more fun.

To each his own though
not thats its a big turnoff or that i worry about it much, it seems like ALL snowboarders at my local mountain just have MAJOR beef with the skiiers. idk what their problem is but alot of them act like dicks to skiiers. like when i first started, people told me to be careful going down stairs in my boots because snowboarders would laugh at and make fun of skiiers who fell down the stairs, EVEN ****ING 5 or 8 year olds. i almost got into a fight with an 40 YEAR OLD MAN who was snowboarding because i was learning how to ski and he stopped right in front of me on the hill and i narrowly clipped the edge of his board. i said sorry and he would just not drop it, he kept yelling at me while we were in line so everyone around us was just expecting something to happen.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:21 PM #537
SPLAT-IQ
Let It Be

What I have found is it's usually the fags who think they're good at snowboarding but really aren't that are dicks to skiers. Usually the better guys understand that we're there for the common love of the mountain. But then you'll get those people who are just dicks. I totally know what you're saying.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 PM #538
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
What I have found is it's usually the fags who think they're good at snowboarding but really aren't that are dicks to skiers. Usually the better guys understand that we're there for the common love of the mountain. But then you'll get those people who are just dicks. I totally know what you're saying.
i dont hate snowboarders, i have a few friends who snowboard. but honestly there are a few people i have seen snowboarding that have less than desirable attitudes. and a ton of people try to snowboard just because it is the "cool" thing to do.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM #539
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

Killa_X is a Paintball photographer
i've run across many people on the mountain, both skiers and snowboarders, that are dicks. Usually they are the gapers and squids, but thats a whole other story.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 PM #540
casualties07

There's always going to be dicks on the mountain, both skiiers and snowboarders. From what I've seen though, the majority, if not 99% of them are snowboarders. I don't have any problems with them, but I always get comments from snowboarders about how gay skiing is. I just laugh at them, and ask them why they hate skiiers. The best answer I've gotten was that our jackets and pants "are too old and too tight." I swear to god I had a ~17 year old kid say that to me. What made it even funnier was that he couldn't even get off the lift without falling over. Total *******.

I just lol'd at him and said if he cared so much about fashion he should become a model. He then left, and said "******" under his breath. I guess he doesn't know skiiers can hear, too.

Hell, I can snowboard too. Granted, I'm much better at skiing, but I can still snowboard. The main reason I ski always now is the fact that my feet are too damn big to fit on a snowboard.

Last edited by casualties07 : 01-07-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM #541
G-rant
Ghostride Your Whip

G-rant is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by equang2 View Post
im sorry but racing is ****ing stupid. i grew up skiing pow and park and ive never seen the attraction of putting on a gay suit and just going down the mountain between gates. idk maybe its just me. sorry if you race lol
Old 01-07-2009, 06:24 PM #542
casualties07

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rant View Post
im sorry but racing is ****ing stupid. i grew up skiing pow and park and ive never seen the attraction of putting on a gay suit and just going down the mountain between gates. idk maybe its just me. sorry if you race lol
I think you've just pissed off most everyone in this thread, besides me. lol.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 PM #543
G-rant
Ghostride Your Whip

G-rant is a Supporting Member
ha i have a long standing hate for racers. every one ive every met has been a dick and they think they rule the hill because they race. i could care less if i piss them off ill out ski them any day.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:47 PM #544
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

If you've ever tried racing I think you'd like it. I absolutely love it. I hate wearing the suit, but you get used to it. Running gates is so ****ing fun.

I can snowboard and ski. I'm a better skiier, but on an average day, I'm probably better than 80% of the people on the mountain at snowboarding.

Skillz
Old 01-07-2009, 07:53 PM #545
ghostcell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_X View Post
here's a quick edit that I made. Just trying to get the feel for Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I don't if I like it or not.

Early Season Edit
Please please please please please don't call yourself a "production" or any sort of company It makes you look so noobish.

Skiing was pretty good though, just try and keep your hands down or throw a smooth grab in there when you spin. (Assuming that was you, lol)
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM #546
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

Killa_X is a Paintball photographer
nope, i wasn't in it at all.