Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 PM #1
A.Tech
Will paint faces

Budget paintballs: RPS Stinger or Diablo Heat?

I own both and I just wanted to know if other people had bouncing issues with heat like I did. Balls bounced off my 3 times. Brand new paint. Also, I had some old stinger that was givin too me that would not break on a wooden target. I don't know how old it was but how long does stinger last really?

I am so used to using much much better paint(Ramps, they shoot like a laser) and with my current budget I been using this stuff. My stinger box (that I got it was newer then the other stinger mentioned above) it was nice but dropped off a little and heat was a little more acurate but did bounce when it was shot at me during a game. Sure it comes in my bennifit but not when I try to shoot someone else ya kno?
"coming back to paintball after a year and half long Hiatus!!! All I need is a gun, a UL barrel and a Rotor(again,lol), LOOKING For Liquid Rotors and maybe Camo Just want Macdev DROIDSS for now. Black,blue, or black and blue, Or red trim and black.

[/center]

Last edited by A.Tech : 09-22-2008 at 03:25 AM.
A.Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM #2
MountainDewFKR
Jesus hearts Mountain Dew

Both are essentially the same paint. Your gonna get bounces using either since the shells are on the thicker side. I play with both too, i prefer stingers though.
The night before you go pbing put your stingers/heat in the fridge at about 75degrees. Dont take them out till you leave. It will brittle up the shell enough so you dont get bounces.
Works great for me. Get the most bang out of the $29 i spend for them. Try it out sometime. I try to get Evil when i can, but i dont always have that kind of extra money to spend.
GTA Double Trigger, J&J Edge Elite Barrel Kit, Cyclone Feed System, X7 Hopper, Red WarGear Flexi Paddles, Polished Internals, Response Trigger, 1/8" Hose Upgrade, Rear Bolt Cover, GTA Drop Forward, Crossfire 70/4500 Stubby
MountainDewFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:30 AM #3
A.Tech
Will paint faces

I dunno if I can set my fridge to 75. lol. Arn't they much lower for food? I don't have an extra fridge just laying around.
"coming back to paintball after a year and half long Hiatus!!! All I need is a gun, a UL barrel and a Rotor(again,lol), LOOKING For Liquid Rotors and maybe Camo Just want Macdev DROIDSS for now. Black,blue, or black and blue, Or red trim and black.

[/center]
A.Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 PM #4
MountainDewFKR
Jesus hearts Mountain Dew

You can put them in a cooler with ice, just dont let me touch the ice
GTA Double Trigger, J&J Edge Elite Barrel Kit, Cyclone Feed System, X7 Hopper, Red WarGear Flexi Paddles, Polished Internals, Response Trigger, 1/8" Hose Upgrade, Rear Bolt Cover, GTA Drop Forward, Crossfire 70/4500 Stubby
MountainDewFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 PM #5
blackbriar42

i have the same budget issue and i have to resort to stinger and heat as well...
i wanted to find out once and for all the best way to make the shell more brittle.

this time i only have a leftover bag of heat and shrapnel (VERY crappy)

i put a few balls in a pod in the fridge and a few on a tray under a heat lamp. both groups were in each 'environment' for a few minutes. i kept turning them every minute to mix up the paint inside...after i just tossed 'em up in the air and looked to see if they broke or not. since i used only a few my results didnt tell me anything

it SEEMED like the chilled paint was a lil more brittle than the warm paint BUT some of the cool paint BUBBLED where it was touching the pod (direct contact w/ cold surface)

ANYBODY EVER TRY THIS BEFORE? what do you know 100%? I'm sure there are a LOT of us who are stuck with crap paint who want to know what to do IN ADDITION to rotating our paint