Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 AM #1
ZeRo 91

Just installed QEV and L7 now what?

I just finished upgrading my gun a couple of hours ago and I thought I read somewhere that I had to change the Dwell and ROF settings???? Can someone point me to a "how to" if I really have to change the settings?

Thanks, sorry if this unwanted thread I was looking through the stickies couldn't really find anything.

ZeRo
ZeRo 91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 AM #2
paintballinfl

this is for an ion so the only thing different would be your input pressure which should probobly be a little high. Next time ur having trouble you can check the ion stickies too.

Pressurize your Ion at whatever input pressure you wish to use. We suggest between 150-180 psi, depending on the internals. The following steps involve you dry-firing the marker (firing it without paint).

Lower the dwell setting to the minimum (or an extremely low setting, such as 5 blinks with the stock board, or 8 milliseconds with an aftermarket board).

Gradually increase dwell until the marker begins to fully cycle. When the marker has trouble cycling, the sound of the bolt firing will be muffled and sound erratic, denoting inconsistencies. When you reach the point where it fully cycles, the marker will make a loud POP for each shot you take, with minimal sound difference between the shots.

Once the Ion is fully cycling, increase the dwell another 4-6 blinks (2-3 milliseconds with aftermarket board), and that will be your dwell setting.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:47 AM #3
ZeRo 91

hey thanks a lot.
ZeRo 91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:03 PM #4
paintballinfl

no problem u can pm if u need a quick answer anytime