EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
The Real News About Nerve

Guys dont listen to the other people trying to give you BS opinions about why the Nerve is late opening. The real reason why Nerve is late is because the Gardners and Smart Parts are too busy sueing the hell out of ICD and other companys right now to actually do real work.

That is all.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2003, 10:12 PM #2
Oiisu

i thought it was cause they hid them in the SP haters *****
Old 07-31-2003, 10:42 PM #3
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Im not hating on the products, most of whom are of decent quality, I am hating on the boneheads who run the company and are calling the shots.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:43 AM #4
Jdaswat1988
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPopTart
Im not hating on the products, most of whom are of decent quality, I am hating on the boneheads who run the company and are calling the shots.
.................................................. .......
Old 08-01-2003, 06:10 PM #5
oldskoopimp
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPopTart
good point
Old 08-03-2003, 02:05 PM #6
BunkerKing1688
Banned

very good
Old 08-08-2003, 10:49 PM #7
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

What they are doing is perfectly legal though. I am not condoning what SP is doing, but they are well within their legal rights to sue ICD. If you would read up on this stuff, you would know that SP talked to many electro manufacturers years ago, i.e. AGD and WDP, about settling so they didnt have to take them to court. The companies laughed in their faces. SP is just looking after what legally belongs to them, and they are going out to get the money. Like I said, I am not condoning them, but Adam and Billy Gardener are business men. Business is exactly what it is. BUSINESS. They are looking out for themselves.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:35 AM #8
wudude
Banned

AGD didn't had a electronic years ago though.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:26 PM #9
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman
The companies laughed in their faces. SP is just looking after what legally belongs to them, and they are going out to get the money. Like I said, I am not condoning them, but Adam and Billy Gardener are business men. Business is exactly what it is. BUSINESS. They are looking out for themselves.

How are you going to say the idea of using a switch on the gun is going to be their technology. Uhh, hello! The Shocker was made by another company taken over by Smart Parts. And the Impulse is an exact clone of the bushmaster. If anything they should just shut up and drop the lawsuit. They must be hurting really bad monitarily to try and pull this off.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:02 PM #10
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

It all dwindles down to who owns the patent.... SMART PARTS OWNS IT. Case is closed. They can do what they want with it, because its their property, and by taking over that other company, that makes them THEIR property. Smart Parts has the patent, and you either have WAY too much time on your hands to be trying to support this idea of boycotting Smart Parts, or you are a die hard ICD fan. Either way, you need to move on.

And yes, 2 years ago AGD was experimenting with the EMag, and Centerflag had already came out the electronic grip frame for Mags. So obviously you need to brush up on your information before you start posting remarks about Smart Parts. Go here and learn more.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/...eid=1058942255

The main point is the guys at Smart Parts used their knowledge of the rules and laws of infringement. They filed for an expansion of their original patent, and they got it. Like I said before, I dont condone what they are doing, but they are being smart business men, but they ARENT nazis.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:28 AM #11
shinigami_zz
THE tango MASTER

amen to that

ignorance sucks

mob mentality sucks more
i should use this whole thing for my psychology class report

yes, that is a cherry hanging from my mouth
Old 08-13-2003, 04:15 PM #12
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
It all dwindles down to who owns the patent.... SMART PARTS OWNS IT. Case is closed. They can do what they want with it, because its their property, and by taking over that other company, that makes them THEIR property. Smart Parts has the patent, and you either have WAY too much time on your hands to be trying to support this idea of boycotting Smart Parts, or you are a die hard ICD fan. Either way, you need to move on.

The main point is the guys at Smart Parts used their knowledge of the rules and laws of infringement. They filed for an expansion of their original patent, and they got it. Like I said before, I dont condone what they are doing, but they are being smart business men, but they ARENT nazis.

its almost you are glad that a company whos products aren't at (if they ever where) the top of the line is going to have a monopoly on the market. Thats wrong and I hope that SP loses hardcore. I have NOT called them Nazis... they arent killing people or anything. However like Doc Nickles said elsewhere on that tinker's guilde forum, many people have passed up patenting equioment widely used today because they thought it would better the sport. From now on, regardless of what happens in the courtroom, I will always thing of Smart Parts of being those no good greedy bastards who have to steal money from better companies.

Last edited by EvilPopTart : 08-13-2003 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:13 PM #13
shinigami_zz
THE tango MASTER

steal - To take (the property of another) without right or permission.

what they are doing is perfectly legal

if you are naive enough to think that the companies involved are not all "no good greedy bastards", then you have no idea what the companies are like. what business is, for the matter. its all money-making. its all for profit.

open your eyes.

in the end, we are all money in the bag for such companies.

yes, that is a cherry hanging from my mouth
Old 08-13-2003, 11:25 PM #14
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

shinigami_zz, you are a complete genious I bet you get a high grade for this one. And you are also right about business.

EvilPopTart, I thought you did call them Nazis. Sorry, but a lot of people have been calling them that.

BUT, what I would like to know is why Brass Eagle isnt being called Nazis?? Just over 4 years ago Brass Eagle bought out a company that had made the first electronically agitated hopper. The company was called CM Support, and the hopper was the Viewloader Revolution. Brass Eagle bought them out in 1999, which made them THEIR property. They had the patents on the Revolution. Then some guy thats incredibley smart realizes we need a hopper that can actually feed paintballs the rate of how fast some of these guys are shooting. Hence, TEX from Odyssey Paintball. He makes the HALO, and then Brass Eagle gets angry because they feel its infringement of their patent, and there for they should get money out of the deal. Well guess what... they won. And that is why Halo's are more expensive then the Evolutions out there. They have a higher price, so they can pay the licensing fees...

Now why isnt everyone calling Brass Eagle a bunch of Nazis?? My guess is that the people wasting their time on this whole boycotting idea, didnt like Smart Parts in the first place. For whatever reason, thats fine. But dont try and convert people that dont have all the information, to hating SP with all of your petitions, and anti-SP sites. Lets all grow up a little more, and get some maturity. This is the real world. This kind of business happens all the time. So quit whining about it, and get your gear ready, and go out every Sunday and play and have fun.

Peace,

K-Dogg
Old 08-13-2003, 11:31 PM #15
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

And another thing... if you honestly think that Smart Parts is worse of a company compared to ICD.... you got some major issues bro... ICD is a very small company compared to Smart Parts, and in my opinion, and in a lot of others opinions, I can bet that most people think that Smart Parts have better gear then ICD. And by your last post, I can assure you havent shot the new Shocker. IMHO, it blew away any other gun I have ever shot in my entire life.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:51 AM #16
coreyguy1

Soo any pics of the nerve???
ITEMS WANTED: 14 Inch Boomstick(angel) Black Angel LCD Trigger Frame
If you have any of these items for sale EmailSlipknotfreak49@aol.com
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
My Seller feedback... http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php s=&postid=958983#post958983
Old 08-14-2003, 07:32 AM #17
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
My rebuttle to the Brass Eagle thing-

did you miss the whole war just like this in the brass Eagle forum a while ago? Brass Eagle had their time to get hated on. And your right, this is a brilliant short term buisness move. But I honestly think that this will hurt Smart Parts and the rest of Paintball in the long run. If they suceed, look for everyone to release a mechanical gun soon.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:23 PM #18
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

Well I guess I did miss the whole war in the Brass Eagle forum, because I have never been in the Brass Eagle forum... see in my opinion it wont hurt the business at all. So they are taking on ICD. They wont take on anyone else, because it would be stupid too. You would get not only the ICD fans on your back, but the AGD fans, GEN-E fans, E-Cocker Fans... ect. ect... This was just like testing the waters with your foot. The water will only ripple slightly, hardly noticeable. If they do jump in head first.... then yes, there will be a splash and people will be hurt in the paintball community. But I do not think that they will stoop that low.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:15 PM #19
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
But I do not think that they will stoop that low.
they've been suing the hell outta everyone for years. nobody is particularly surprised.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:11 PM #20
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

They sued WDP twice. I think they know that they cant really mess with them. I dont know of anyone else that they have sued unless you know where we can see this information about previous cases.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:57 PM #21
Dye Speed 36
*JESTARS*

I think all the owners of smart parts should die. I believe that they no moral right to sue another paintball company right now. They have a well business going with freaks impulses and other products. And soon having new products like the new shocker and nerve. They are just greedy and everyone knows it. I also believe that this is going to start a wave with sueing and it going to screw everything up. Finally things with the paintball industry and the television industry are starting to happen. And the real main thing that i got a problem with is that if smart parts sues all these companys they're going to F**K over the paintball industy. Then no one wants to play. And the last thing i wanna lose is my angel. If smart parts F**KS around with WDP they're going to have big problems with me cuz i'm ready to burn the place as it is. I'm not hating on the company I believe that they have created amazing products but there is something wrong with the owners. They already dug themselves a hole with a lot of paintball players. I just hope they fall in that hole and get buried alive.

-Ray
I'm a thoroughbred n****, I don't fake and I don't hate