PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2008, 01:33 AM #1
dragon1291

dragon1291 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dragon1291 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That one little inch

Ok, whenever i see comparisons of certain products, people always talk about how long or how big of a profile it will make on you. I honestly need to ask...

Is that extra 1 inch in Height really important? Is it really necessary to get the regulator that is .25 of an inch shorter? Will choosing a hopper that is under an inch really get you out more often?
dragon1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2008, 01:41 AM #2
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1291 View Post
Ok, whenever i see comparisons of certain products, people always talk about how long or how big of a profile it will make on you. I honestly need to ask...

Is that extra 1 inch in Height really important? Is it really necessary to get the regulator that is .25 of an inch shorter? Will choosing a hopper that is under an inch really get you out more often?
Generally people want to have every edge they can have. Its human nature to want the best of the best. Sometimes that 1 inch will matter.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:22 AM #3
hatchj
Has a life outside here

hatchj is reppin' sidebar 4 life
hatchj has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hatchj has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
not really...i shoot either an alias intimidator, or a dm5. both are older and heavier then the "new" stuff that's out, but it doesn't bother me.

just because it's that 1 inch smaller, doesn't guarantee that you will do better then someone with larger equipment. just play and shoot people that think that way.
hatchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:23 AM #4
Lost492

Annual Supporting Member
Lost492 donated to help Peyton Trent
Lost492 helped look for balloons
Lost492 is playing at Living Legends III
You just learn to adapt with your equipment, I have a bigger Ego because its a 06 and sometimes I can rock it, sometimes I can't. I like the profile of my DM7 a lot more and I have hardly shot it that much but it is just much easier to control. The weight and size difference is minimal but it makes a slightly easier to handle since I am a small guy who plays small bunkers usually.
Lost492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 AM #5
FamousforNow
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchj View Post
just because it's that 1 inch smaller, doesn't guarantee that you will do better then someone with larger equipment. just play and shoot people that think that way.

There are no garuantees in paintball, like he said it always nice to have the extra edge if it be the smaller products why not. I guess it all comes down to how you feel with your gun... You can have the best products in your hand and it still wouldnt mean a thing... just like hatchj said he ha older guns and plays fine. It comes down to how compfortable you are with the gun....

Think of it this way... there are 3 chicks in front of you one is smoking hot one is very pretty and one is decent... we all would like to have the smokin hot one but what if you really dont get along with her but you get along with the very pretty one well.... you catch my drift lol
Old 09-21-2008, 01:23 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

my setup is huge...and it never bothers me. my guns a little heavy, but its balanced, which i think makes a bigger difference compared to having a light, but unbalanced setup.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 AM #7
bahrainbrayn
*Still* Fresh as Hell

bahrainbrayn is a Paintball photographer
not for me I perfer having a back heavy gun, it makes it easier to ark my shots.

And think about swimmers, they do every little thing to make thier time .01 of a second shorter, they shave thier bodies, wear caps, absolutley refine theyre strokes from getting off the block to touching the wall. When your that competetive in a sport, ours being a great example, every little bit counts.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:26 AM #8
pbman657 (Banned)

i have a mini, i win as far as smallness

but yah i found that that 1 inch dosent really matter
pbman657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:52 PM #9
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

Quote:
not really...i shoot either an alias intimidator, or a dm5. both are older and heavier then the "new" stuff that's out, but it doesn't bother me.

i strongly believe aliases will ALWAYS hold their own. it's such a classic and efficient design, it really can't be beaten without a fight. i shot one for a while and kinda miss the overall "alias-ness" of it. felt good in the hands, consistent, trouble free, and FAST. btw, it was a QUIET poppet .

My God.
DARQ
bigfatdanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:57 PM #10
SynergyAMB1125
chuckin up the shakas

Quote:

Originally Posted by OA_paintball: im just worried if i donate plasma and some cancer patient gets it, his dicks gonna grow and hes gonna have mad game with the nurses.. probably not good for the hospital.

Dennis Woolford 9/26/08

TROLLPOCALYPSERed-Shirted Super Smashed Bros '11
SynergyAMB1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:13 PM #11
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdanman View Post
i strongly believe aliases will ALWAYS hold their own. it's such a classic and efficient design, it really can't be beaten without a fight. i shot one for a while and kinda miss the overall "alias-ness" of it. felt good in the hands, consistent, trouble free, and FAST. btw, it was a QUIET poppet .
ftw
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 PM #12
cockerpunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahrainbrayn View Post
not for me I perfer having a back heavy gun, it makes it easier to ark my shots.

And think about swimmers, they do every little thing to make thier time .01 of a second shorter, they shave thier bodies, wear caps, absolutley refine theyre strokes from getting off the block to touching the wall. When your that competetive in a sport, ours being a great example, every little bit counts.
that is in a sport measured in millionths of a second.

this is like saying ill pick a crappy basket ball player because he is 2 inches taller than an NBA star.

when it comes down to it, worry about the big things. the big things like a clean gun, feeling good when you wake up to play (meaning not hungover), and knowing the game plan and having a good team.

once you have all that stuff down PERFECTLY - then you can worry about the inches here and there.

there is no sense worrying about those inches when your playing hungover, or you suck at snap shooting.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:16 PM #13
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pećey

GreekGod plays in the PSP
GreekGod supports Pev's Paintball
GreekGod plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousforNow View Post
There are no garuantees in paintball, like he said it always nice to have the extra edge if it be the smaller products why not. I guess it all comes down to how you feel with your gun... You can have the best products in your hand and it still wouldnt mean a thing... just like hatchj said he ha older guns and plays fine. It comes down to how compfortable you are with the gun....

Think of it this way... there are 3 chicks in front of you one is smoking hot one is very pretty and one is decent... we all would like to have the smokin hot one but what if you really dont get along with her but you get along with the very pretty one well.... you catch my drift lol
way to almost steal my avi
GreekGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 PM #14
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGod View Post
way to almost steal my avi
Way to steal it from 300

its not like you made it. You copy and pasted it from the movie.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM #15
Ringwood1237

/
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 PM #16
washington (Banned)

i use my cocker pump so i would rather havee a gun i have a feel for then get a new one
washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:49 PM #17
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:

its not always a matter of being the smallest it can be.
In my case, long air tanks are a burden to my short arms.
I needed my max-flo regulator or a stubby tank. and in the case of the myth reg, it helps me hold my gun comfortably.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM #18
superwaffleman2
Charlies in the trees!!11

Every inch you take off the profile of the gun is one less inch of hopper that is exposed. There is so muck paint in the air these days that sometimes it can make the difference. I also appreciate it because I'm a small guy (5'2 125) so a large with a with an 88/45 and a halo is a little bit more gun then I would want, I like my Ion because the setup is very tight so I can keep the gun real close to my face and shoot straight.

Last edited by superwaffleman2 : 09-24-2008 at 11:23 AM.
superwaffleman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 AM #19
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Its about maneuverability, not surface to get hit. The tighter and smaller something is, the easy it is to handle, the faster you are.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:45 AM #20
Waxball88
Ego♥

Quote:

But if you cut an inch off your hopper 2 inches off your tank another inch off the feedneck and another off the barrel, then regulator it begins to add up to feet
Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM #21
ledzeppelinrocks666

It sure adds up. An inch here and there. But I'm also sure that the companies primarily use that as a selling point.
ledzeppelinrocks666 is offline   Reply With Quote