PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 PM #1
crlucky

Indoor Field and Store in Cedar Rapids

Well Iíve heard people ask so Iíll do it if you want me to. Iím a business owner that has a real love for the game and want to open a store and indoor field in Cedar Rapids. I need to know from you, the paintball community, if this is something youíll support.

1. Would you support a store that catered to both the tournament and scenario players? We would have a factory technician for installations and repairs, HPA and CO2 fills, and a dealer for all the major brands in the industry.
2. Would you support an indoor field in Cedar Rapids? The field would have multiple fields that would be about 30x80.
3. Some of the fields have a slight slope, Iím guessing about 2%. Would this a show stopper?
4. Tell me more things that you want or donít want?

If everything goes as planned this field would be open for the winter season. The store would be stocked for all of your parents to come and buy your Christmas presents. Look forward to hearing from everyone.
crlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 PM #2
iowapbboy

iowapbboy plays in the PSP
iowapbboy donated to help Peyton Trent
iowapbboy supports Team VICIOUS
iowapbboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Who are you? i would be really pumped about an indoor field and stoor.

Selling Justin Hess hats...website coming soon

Phil Kahnk #1 FAN!
iowapbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:00 PM #3
orangeninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowapbboy View Post
Who are you? i would be really pumped about an indoor field and stoor.
I was wondering the exact same thing. Do you have a location picked?
orangeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM #4
Paintballer19078

ya that would be awsome tell me when you are opening up.
Paintballer19078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM #5
egoluvr
MY SISTER....THIS TIGHT!!

i would come...if you build it they will come!

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
egoluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 PM #6
Untouchable(COV)
MW-RIP Towlie-HK

Few things. I would kinda like something like one big field to setup Xball or NPPL still fields, or those monster air bunkers(dont know exact name) that are like tanks and stuff for ur scenario guys. Just my 2cents, but i live in marion and i would play there during the winter months or bad weather days for sure.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 PM #7
Carnagge

depends if its reball or real paint. Also depends on the quality of the place...alot of fields are poorly run and fail because of this. Paintball is a hard industry to break even in.

I would definately be hitting up the field owner forums to speak to some of the long time standing indoor field owners... Gatsplat (I think his name is) couple of people very knowledgeable in there.

Would I play there at a indoor field...

During winter yes...anytime else no...

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:47 PM #8
DRAGONIntimidator888

our team would definately make quite a few trips....especially in the winter probably like every other weekend

a legit xball field would be nice...dont know if you have the size requirements though.

as far as the little slope i would say who cares if it means an indoor facility.

if everything goes through definately start advertising all over the place as well. put something in all surrounding state forums on here too.

just my 2cents
Old 09-19-2008, 02:05 AM #9
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

has been a member for 10 years
Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
Ju1Ce owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ju1Ce plays in the APPA D3 division
Indoor in CR wold be legit. Then I wouldnt have todrive 3+ hours to Stinger.

A true Xball setup would be ideal.

$OG MW ARMY$
Ju1Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 AM #10
ciscob
EGO/DM

The hard part will be to cater to both rec and xball players. If you can do it. That would be awsome for a business stand point. I would be there and all of the time. Even during the week. I might need a 2nd job to support my paintball addiction.
ciscob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM #11
orangeninja

If the field was open during the week, I might have a few more "sick" days this year. It would be great to see a full size x-ball field so that the area teams around here wouldn't have to drive to chitown to get a practice in.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM #12
ciscob
EGO/DM

i love sick days.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM #13
crlucky

A little more information to share and get everyones feedback on.

Tuesday and Wednesday night would be league night. Anyone up for a league? Something like a volleyball league or bowling league. Companies, friends, whatever.

Friday night would be open play.

Saturday during the day would be open play.

Saturday night we would have night games. Something like the bowling alleys do with black lights, music, laser lights, etc.

Sunday during the day would be open play.

The indoor field part would only be open during the winter months. I don't think from what I know that I can compete with the outdoor facilities during the summer.

The store would be open along with filling HPA and CO2 during the summer months. You the players would drive the store hours. Whatever you want.

It's not even close to being big enough for xball. We would have air bunkers but the field is much to small for a full xball field. I would think this would play 3-on-3 well for tournament style players and 5-on-5 for rec type players.

Give me all of your feedback because this will happen if you say you'll support it. It would bring a nice store to the CR area, a great place to get your air and CO2 filled and an indoor playing facility. Granted it's not going to be huge playing fields but you do get to play when there is 2 foot of snow outside. The fields would have professional turf.

Tell me more of what you want. Does this sound good? Please tell me more than just one line saying...build it and they will come. This is your chance to shape the way this is done in Cedar Rapids.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:35 PM #14
orangeninja

It sounds good. Lately with the local fields going to field paint only I wouldn't stock much paint during the summer months. Other than that it sounds great. Would it be well lite or dim lights? Heated and cooled? Any idea on capacity of the field?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:41 PM #15
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by crlucky View Post
A little more information to share and get everyones feedback on.

Tuesday and Wednesday night would be league night. Anyone up for a league? Something like a volleyball league or bowling league. Companies, friends, whatever.

Friday night would be open play.

Saturday during the day would be open play.

Saturday night we would have night games. Something like the bowling alleys do with black lights, music, laser lights, etc.

Sunday during the day would be open play.

The indoor field part would only be open during the winter months. I don't think from what I know that I can compete with the outdoor facilities during the summer.

The store would be open along with filling HPA and CO2 during the summer months. You the players would drive the store hours. Whatever you want.

It's not even close to being big enough for xball. We would have air bunkers but the field is much to small for a full xball field. I would think this would play 3-on-3 well for tournament style players and 5-on-5 for rec type players.

Give me all of your feedback because this will happen if you say you'll support it. It would bring a nice store to the CR area, a great place to get your air and CO2 filled and an indoor playing facility. Granted it's not going to be huge playing fields but you do get to play when there is 2 foot of snow outside. The fields would have professional turf.

Tell me more of what you want. Does this sound good? Please tell me more than just one line saying...build it and they will come. This is your chance to shape the way this is done in Cedar Rapids.
Cedar Rapids is 1 hour 21 minutes from Augustana College in Rock Island. If you guys were interested, we might be able to help you guys put in a bid for an NCPA tourny or something. but those are 5 man.

anyways, keep in contact, we dont have a homefield (we practice in our own reball setup on campus), but we are in contact with a few places. we could maybe work out a mutually beneficial relationship when you guys open.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:10 PM #16
ciscob
EGO/DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeninja View Post
It sounds good. Lately with the local fields going to field paint only I wouldn't stock much paint during the summer months. Other than that it sounds great. Would it be well lite or dim lights? Heated and cooled? Any idea on capacity of the field?
good question
Old 09-19-2008, 03:31 PM #17
crlucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeninja View Post
It will be well lite during all the playing except for the "Saturday Night Lights" when we run black lights, laser light show, music, etc.

It will be heated and a quality store and field. Great staging area/lounge, super large store with lots of different gear for everyone, Internet business, quality staff, service department, etc. The store will be cooled during the summer months but the indoor fields will be closed to let everyone enjoy the outdoor fields.

Like I said before about the capacity. The field would work great for 3-on-3 for tournament players and I'm thinking rec players could maybe play 5-on-5. It depends how many fields I can put together as to the total capacity.

Thanks for the questions. Let me know if you have others or can tell me more about what to do or not.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:49 PM #18
egoluvr
MY SISTER....THIS TIGHT!!

I believe a legit xball field is like 150x125 even if you could go 100x125 or sumthin that would be awsome! cause if your saying youll have multiple fields 30x80 it should be an ok size xball...at steeple they run 100x150 i think and its still ok to practice on and your ok once you get on an "official" field. if you can come close that would be great!

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
egoluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:50 PM #19
bokraham
Rock Lobster!!!

has been a member for 10 years
yes, and yes
bokraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:27 PM #20
todyefor13
Whatchamacallit

todyefor13 supports Team VICIOUS
I would play for sure, but I think instead of having a few smaller fields you should put in at least one legit X-Ball field. I would gladly make the trip up during the winter at least once a month. Also, if you're setting up an outdoor field, if it was big enough I wouldn't mind seeing an NPPL field as it's all X-Ball around here and it gets kind of repetitive.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
todyefor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM #21
spazattack924
T-LORD

Might have missed it, but would the indoor field be paint or reball?
2009 USPL D3 7-man Eastern Conference Champions
2010 NPPL D3 7-man: 3rd Place Surf City Open, 1st Place Chicago Open, 2nd Place DC Challenge
spazattack924 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups