Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 AM #1
Baske
Kill Or Be Killed
 
Baske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ATL
Baske is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Baske is a Professional paintball player
Ex-NXL'er lookin to play...

After takin a little time off to sort some school **** out Im ready to make an official comeback. My ranking has been dropped to D1. If any team out there is in need of a smart player with tons of experience at every level of paintball Im right here. Plus, I am new and improved, trust me lol. Anyway Im tryin to work this out ASAP so no games. If you need a quality player call me @ --- --- ----.


thanks
Josh Baske
__________________
FREE AGENT
myspace.com/jbaske86

Last edited by Brnzbuddha : 09-17-2008 at 06:23 AM. Reason: PM Josh for his number
Baske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2008, 09:04 AM #2
tschroep
Tim
 
tschroep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MN
tschroep plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baske View Post
After takin a little time off to sort some school **** out Im ready to make an official comeback. My ranking has been dropped to D1. If any team out there is in need of a smart player with tons of experience at every level of paintball Im right here. Plus, I am new and improved, trust me lol. Anyway Im tryin to work this out ASAP so no games. If you need a quality player call me @ 770 312 9594.


thanks
Josh Baske

Actually he's currently ranked Pro, not D1 as mentioned above, as the APPA/PSP system does not automatically drop players due to time off.

--Tim
__________________
Tim Schroepfer
Paintball Sports Promotions
www.pspevents.com
tschroep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 AM #3
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi...e.cgi?PID=1458

Looks legit in terms of plenty of experience

-edit- I think you're still pro though.

Last edited by WillyW0nka : 09-16-2008 at 10:13 AM.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 PM #4
Baske
Kill Or Be Killed
 
Baske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ATL
Baske is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Baske is a Professional paintball player
You are right, my appa will say that I am still pro however everyone who was one ultimate had their ranking dropped to d1. This way we would all still be able to play psp.
__________________
FREE AGENT
myspace.com/jbaske86
Baske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:58 PM #5
tschroep
Tim
 
tschroep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MN
tschroep plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baske View Post
You are right, my appa will say that I am still pro however everyone who was one ultimate had their ranking dropped to d1. This way we would all still be able to play psp.
...not everyone from Ultimate had their ranking dropped. I spoke with Ted before Phoenix and worked with a select few of his players at that time. Mr. Baske was not one of those players.

--Tim
__________________
Tim Schroepfer
Paintball Sports Promotions
www.pspevents.com
tschroep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM #6
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel
 
TzeentchianGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
He can play on my scenario team no matter how he is ranked...
__________________
Support your local Blog
TzeentchianGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:55 PM #7
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschroep View Post
...not everyone from Ultimate had their ranking dropped. I spoke with Ted before Phoenix and worked with a select few of his players at that time. Mr. Baske was not one of those players.

--Tim
A little off topic here but are you the head PSP ref? I could have sworn I'd seen your name somewhere...
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM #8
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel
 
TzeentchianGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Well, he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
__________________
Support your local Blog
TzeentchianGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM #9
dm7killer153
 
 
dm7killer153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lawrence, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschroep View Post
...not everyone from Ultimate had their ranking dropped. I spoke with Ted before Phoenix and worked with a select few of his players at that time. Mr. Baske was not one of those players.

--Tim
pretty sure they redid the rankings system before MAO or before chicago
dm7killer153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:03 PM #10
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76
 
charmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D1 division
what about the new semipro ranking?
__________________
  1. Charlie Killer ASetz
charmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 PM #11
eforcegtid00d
factorypb
 
eforcegtid00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MW
eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm7killer153 View Post
pretty sure they redid the rankings system before MAO or before chicago
He's the head ref for the PSP. If he says the ranking is pro, the ranking is pro.
__________________
Switching over to new account:
http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=103925
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:27 PM #12
D'Sensei (Banned)
NaDty CoAcH
 
D'Sensei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Not only is Tim Schroepfer the Head ref for PSP, he is the guy who decides who gets re-ranked and who doesn't. Now if you want to be re-ranked, I am sure that he will give you the skill test and if you are not able to score 70 or higher, he then lets you drop one bracket.

Now, if you dont want to take the test, there are some new re-ranking rules that automatically lets you drop one bracket according to Tim. If you qualify, you just need to update your APPA Profile and select the Re-ranking Request box at the bottom of the page, and while doing so a pop up window will allow you to selerct the proper criteria.

Automatic Re-ranking Rules:
1) If you have gained 150 lbs since your last tournament

2) If you are willing to start playing with a Semi-Mode Tippman with CO2 no remping mode or electronic trigger

3) If you are willing to play X-Ball with a hopper full only

4))If your girlfirend is hot and you allow her to stay in Rahels room thruought the event

5) If you are willing to play with no color fill paintballs

6) If you have had a sex change operation and you are currently on steroids for your breast growth

and last but not least.....

7) If you are willing to do Tims laundry during the events for one year
D'Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 PM #13
BOOGPRO
Masters World Champion
 
BOOGPRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: fla
BOOGPRO donated to help Peyton Trent
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends V
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VI
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VII
Hey Josh how ya been??? Long time no see I hope your at Cup this year
__________________
BOOGIE OG 1982.
Original Member of FLA Annihilators, RAGE. Member of Lockout, Jax Warriors, Nemisis, Strange B, Cypress, Mickeys Rats,Legacy Masters, loaned to East Coast Eliminators N.Y., Palm Beach Predetors, Hounds of Hell N.Y.,CFP Masters and many more. Original P.R.O. , NXL Referee,PSP, NPPL, EXL, NCPA,CFPS,SPCS, Ultimate Madness, Areanaball, UK Referee . Draxxus All Stars '08 World Cup Masters Champion


R.I.P. Towlie & Odin


Yes i am the reason we have ID cards now sorry
BOOGPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM #14
tschroep
Tim
 
tschroep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: MN
tschroep plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Sensei View Post
Not only is Tim Schroepfer the Head ref for PSP, he is the guy who decides who gets re-ranked and who doesn't. Now if you want to be re-ranked, I am sure that he will give you the skill test and if you are not able to score 70 or higher, he then lets you drop one bracket.

Now, if you dont want to take the test, there are some new re-ranking rules that automatically lets you drop one bracket according to Tim. If you qualify, you just need to update your APPA Profile and select the Re-ranking Request box at the bottom of the page, and while doing so a pop up window will allow you to selerct the proper criteria.

Automatic Re-ranking Rules:
1) If you have gained 150 lbs since your last tournament

2) If you are willing to start playing with a Semi-Mode Tippman with CO2 no remping mode or electronic trigger

3) If you are willing to play X-Ball with a hopper full only

4))If your girlfirend is hot and you allow her to stay in Rahels room thruought the event

5) If you are willing to play with no color fill paintballs

6) If you have had a sex change operation and you are currently on steroids for your breast growth

and last but not least.....

7) If you are willing to do Tims laundry during the events for one year
haha Rico, nice...

while none of the above is true, I may have to consider adopting some of the above criteria for future use...

--Tim
__________________
Tim Schroepfer
Paintball Sports Promotions
www.pspevents.com
tschroep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:29 PM #15
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
In all honesty, I think Baske should be allowed to play D1. I mean come on, he played for ultimate...

If an ultimate player can't drop to D1, why should BL be allowed to play D2?
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM #16
russianlegion3
 
 
russianlegion3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
In all honesty, I think Baske should be allowed to play D1. I mean come on, he played for ultimate...

If an ultimate player can't drop to D1, why should BL be allowed to play D2?
seriously.

If I played open division, I would take you baske...but unfortunately I'm not.
russianlegion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM #17
zerokai
Palm Beach Vipers
 
zerokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
zerokai is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
zerokai plays in the PSP
Theres no issue with Josh playing D1 at all. He can play D1 ranked as pro, as long as the team he plays with does not already have 2 pro ranked players on the roster.
Also he could easily petition the league to re-rank him as semi-pro. He falls within the guidelines for that to happen. If I am not mistaken the basic stipulation to dropping a pro ranking is not appearing on a pro roster in the 2008 season. Altho Tim has the final say on any reranking that might be done and it is reviewed on a case by case basis.

I hops Josh is able to find a team for the event. It would be good to see him back out on the field. Good luck Josh.

Ken
PBV
__________________
Palm Beach Vipers
Palm Beach Venom - 2010 PSP Phoenix Divison One Champions
Palm Beach Viper Kids - 2010 PSP Division Three World Cup Champions - 2012 CFPS Series Champions
Palm Beach Venom - 2012 PSP Galveston Island Open, World Cup and World Series Division Three Champions


www.palmbeachvipers.com
www.EmpirePaintballl.com
zerokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:25 PM #18
solidius89
THE NONNIE
 
solidius89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *815*
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Sensei View Post
7) If you are willing to do Tims laundry during the events for one year
I've heard horror stories about the ref jerseys, I would rather take a d5 ranking before that.
__________________
Chicago Heretics Woodsball Team
Gladly Sponsored by: CPX Sports - Empire - Bob Long Technologies - Ninja Air Systems

Get back to where it all started!
The Ultimate Woodsball League


Central Paintball League Commisioner
solidius89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:45 PM #19
captshorty7
Jason Kohout
 
captshorty7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VA
captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Sensei View Post
4))If your girlfirend is hot and you allow her to stay in Rahels room thruought the event

maybe if you spelled his name right it might have worked
__________________
SEC Class A director
www.lupaintball.com
Christ Krew
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
captshorty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:20 PM #20
mas19
RIP AMERICA 1776-2008
 
mas19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Four One Niner
mas19 plays in the PSP
mas19 supports Cereal Killerz 2
mas19 donated to help Peyton Trent
mas19 helped look for balloons
mas19 is playing at Living Legends III
mas19 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm 99.999% sure you should be ranked "Semi-Pro" as you are a pro/nxl player that hasn't played in 2008. Semi Pro was created to allow d1 teams to have "Pros" the haven't played NXL in 2008. That was all changed in lew if it returning to "D1" and not "Open" xball.

Correct me if im wrong.
mas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 AM #21
Marlene
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
People needs to get it out of their head that the PSP or the APPA system just automatically re-ranks a player for time off, good behavior, because your another year older or 150lb heavier, my girlfriend left me so now I suck at playing...I had to add that one Rico forgot it or what ever other stupid excuse players come up with Rico (cough cough) Iím telling youÖ thatís not how it works!!!!!!

Itís looked at on a case by case basis and must be requested by the person or player wishing to be re-ranked, not your coach your mom or dad, along with a fee to be paid. Do Not make your request to Chris with the APPA make your request to the PSP.

If Tim is telling you, you are a Pro right nowÖ then you are a Pro. Until the proper steps are taken to change that you will remain a Pro.

But as Ken said just because youíre pro doesnít mean you canít play D-1 you just can't play below that.
__________________
~Marlene~
Marlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump