PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 PM #1
Prophecies

A-5 troubleshooting

Hey, I have a problem with my A5.
I air it up no probs, it doesn't have any leaks, nothing. I checked the O-rings, everything is good. After cocking it, when I shoot it will fire the first shot, but it won't recock. I've checked the sear and hammer, and the edges are nice and crisp. There's no wear at all. What could be causing this?
Any help is appreciated!
Prophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2008, 11:36 PM #2
DNvCross
Virginia Tech!

by won't recock, do you mean that it's continuously cycling, or it stops dead?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:39 PM #3
Prophecies

You hear it fire, but then it stops dead. I know for a fact that it is not because of a lack or air in my tank, it's full.

Last edited by Prophecies : 09-14-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Prophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 AM #4
MountainDewFKR
Jesus hearts Mountain Dew

Take your marker apart. put some lube on the bolt and recievers where the bolt slides on. Put it back together, put about 5-7 drops of lube in the ASA hole before attaching the airtank. Shoot it about 10-15 without the barrel or paint. Then attach the barrel and see if you still have the same trouble.

Have you had any barrel breaks. Sometimes if you keep trying to shoot through a break you will get shards around the bolt and it wont want to recock/shoot
GTA Double Trigger, J&J Edge Elite Barrel Kit, Cyclone Feed System, X7 Hopper, Red WarGear Flexi Paddles, Polished Internals, Response Trigger, 1/8" Hose Upgrade, Rear Bolt Cover, GTA Drop Forward, Crossfire 70/4500 Stubby
MountainDewFKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:00 AM #5
DNvCross
Virginia Tech!

also, make sure your ball detent is not in backwards
Old 09-15-2008, 03:04 PM #6
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNvCross View Post
also, make sure your ball detent is not in backwards
Agreed, I would definitely double check the ball detent(latch).
Whiteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:37 PM #7
hummerking
official tippmann ninja

has been a member for 10 years
like said above its most likely your ball latch(small orange rubber nubbin) it's "mouth" should be pointed down the barrel. also make sure your springs aren't swapped. the stiffer one goes behind the hammer.

IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE FOR BREAKING THE RULES!!

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.
hummerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:56 PM #8
aleksarno

I have the xact same problem!!

I have the xact same problem. Ive tried all your suggestions, but none of them work.
When I tilt the marker forward it shoots 3 or 4 times, and when i tilt it backwards it just "pops", Its weird......
I also have the problem that the cyclon feeder wont react. I checked the cyclon feed system, and controled the airways. Its all good. but it wont feed balls, and I still have to cock it for every shot???
What could this posseboly be?

note: Iwe dissasembled and lubed every part og the power tube and the cyclone feeder. (also the tubes from the marker to the cyclon feed system.

( sorry about the bad english, Im norwegian.....)
aleksarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:37 PM #9
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksarno View Post
I have the xact same problem. Ive tried all your suggestions, but none of them work.
When I tilt the marker forward it shoots 3 or 4 times, and when i tilt it backwards it just "pops", Its weird......
I also have the problem that the cyclon feeder wont react. I checked the cyclon feed system, and controled the airways. Its all good. but it wont feed balls, and I still have to cock it for every shot???

note: Iwe dissasembled and lubed every part og the power tube and the cyclone feeder. (also the tubes from the marker to the cyclon feed system.

you have the ball latch in backwards.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 AM #10
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Quote:

What are you using as your air source?

Since the cyclone feeder is not functioning as well, my guess would be it is starving for air.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:39 PM #11
Insane4cefed

Insane4cefed owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerking View Post
like said above its most likely your ball latch(small orange rubber nubbin) it's "mouth" should be pointed down the barrel. also make sure your springs aren't swapped. the stiffer one goes behind the hammer.
I had the same problem the first time I put my gun back together and it ended up being the orange rubber piece that holds the ball inplace once it exits the cyclone feeder to your gun.

Flip that piece around and give it another go.. should fix it. even the auto recocking problem is probably linked to that orange piece, mine was.
Insane4cefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:08 AM #12
aleksarno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
you have the ball latch in backwards.
Ive checked that many times. Its pretty clear witch way the ball latch goes in for the ball to even exit the marker.

my air supply is air.....not co2.
that was my thought to, that its struggling for air. but I cant seem to find any leaks.....
The airsupply to the cyclon feed is not like in the manual. I have 2 nuts through the marker, and an o-ring that lays against the powertube. could there be anything with that??
And whats with the different "popping" noise when I tilt the marker forwards and backwards?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 AM #13
aleksarno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerking View Post
what do you mean with the hammer... is it the cocking handle?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 AM #14
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor

has been a member for 10 years
weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
For the one shot that it does fire, is it a full shot or very weak ? Do you have the cocking handle spring and the drive spring mixed up ?

Firing once and not recocking could be your hammer oring is missing.

Did you take your valve apart ? If your hammer oring is still there, your valve is not recovering properly after the initial shot which is most likely caused by improper assembly.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 AM #15
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
They way you phrased your response to my question leads me to believe that you do in fact have it in backwards. The little orange piece goes so that the ramp is pointing out the barrel. Like if the balls were skiers they'd be coming out of the bolt and catching air into the barrel.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:46 AM #16
aleksarno

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltmaker2000 View Post
For the one shot that it does fire, is it a full shot or very weak ? Do you have the cocking handle spring and the drive spring mixed up ?

Firing once and not recocking could be your hammer oring is missing.

Did you take your valve apart ? If your hammer oring is still there, your valve is not recovering properly after the initial shot which is most likely caused by improper assembly.
the one shot is weak. Ive tried swapping the airtanks with other markers, and they work fine.
Ive checked the manual and watched the assembly videos on youtube too double check that the powertube is properly assembled.
I havent tried switching the springs yet...... And im positive that the ball latch is put in the right way. (doublechecked with another tippman A5)
Old 11-24-2009, 11:25 AM #17
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Quote:
the one shot is weak. Ive tried swapping the airtanks with other markers, and they work fine.
Ive checked the manual and watched the assembly videos on youtube too double check that the powertube is properly assembled.
I havent tried switching the springs yet...... And im positive that the ball latch is put in the right way. (doublechecked with another tippman A5)
Are you using a high pressure HPA tank?

The cocking handle spring will bow out slightly when placed in its milling on the receiver.

This pic shows the internals of an X-7 but it is very similar to an A-5.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM #18
aleksarno

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteyboy View Post
Are you using a high pressure HPA tank?

The cocking handle spring will bow out slightly when placed in its milling on the receiver.

This pic shows the internals of an X-7 but it is very similar to an A-5.

hahaha! It was the springs!! I still cant ounderstand how this effects the cyclon feed system....but who cares! Thanx a LOT for the help!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM #19
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Quote:
hahaha! It was the springs!! I still cant ounderstand how this effects the cyclon feed system....but who cares! Thanx a LOT for the help!
weltmaker2000 called this one

The weaker cocking handle spring wasn't giving the rear bolt enough force to hit the valve pin.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:14 PM #20
Insane4cefed

Insane4cefed owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dam it never accured to me that the springs could have been misplaced. Of coarse I never thought my problem was the ball latch until someone with an A-5 on the field told me about it lol.

Glad you got your gun fixed and Im glad you posted it here, now I have more knowledge when troubleshooting my own problems in the future.
Insane4cefed is offline   Reply With Quote