MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
bouncing as far as triggering goes?

I never had a problem with that even with the stock settings.
Yes trigger bounce, the gun would just take off full auto randomly.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:18 PM #23
DPServiceBen
DP Engineering

What board are you using MstrKey? The opti one of the microswitch?

Please give us a call if you continue to have issues.
service@dangerouspower.com
When leaving a phone, e-mail, or private message,
please leave your full name and phone number for contact.
DPServiceBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 PM #24
MstrKey

I'm using the microswitch board. I returned all the settings to stock just to make sure I didn't mess something up accidently and I'm going to give it a shot again to see what happens when I get a chance.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM #25
Lancer X
Space Gun Woodsballer

Lancer X owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lancer X owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I haven't been able to play with mine yet (so freaking busy lately and I'm starting to get the no-paintball twitches), but I have messed around with it in the house. In a word: awesome.

The microswitch is a very welcome improvement. Now, I just need a "blade" shaped roller-bearing trigger, and I'll be one happy shooter...

The number of options on this board is insane - tons of firing modes and setup options, battery monitoring, a practice mode, on-the-fly firing mode selection - this thing has it all. I'm hoping someone releases a lightweight bolt, and then we can really do some serious tuning.
Lancer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 PM #26
Dan@APE
GoAPE

Triggier Bounce Issues

Hi Guys, FYI... When I was testing the board for the first time, my trigger would stick/bounce as well. To fix it, I had to make slight adjustments to the trigger set screw (top one, not the back one). It's been working pefectly ever since.
Dan@APE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM #27
MstrKey

bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@APE View Post
Hi Guys, FYI... When I was testing the board for the first time, my trigger would stick/bounce as well. To fix it, I had to make slight adjustments to the trigger set screw (top one, not the back one). It's been working pefectly ever since.
Ya I tried that. At the point of desperation I had a trigger pull so long it was almost impossible to shoot a consistant stream and it would still take off from time to time. If I get to play again sunday so I'll let you know the results then.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM #28
BabelFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@APE View Post
I had horrible trigger bounce when I put in the new trigger and board, both bone stock (didn't touch the board at all, didn't change any of the trigger screws.) It was bad enough that I thought I had it on ramping.

Since then I've been messing with the trigger screws. So far it seems like they need incredible levels of adjustment to maximize settings (I can't screw the post-travel screw far enough to minimize post-travel, it literally falls out.)

I've got significantly more pre-travel now, and a lot less post travel. Will try it out and post back.
BabelFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:51 PM #29
MstrKey

Hmm I think I may have figured something out last night. While looking at the firing modes chart, I see you can choose which modes you want the ramping to enguage in. Mine was set on choice 1 which was in semi only. I think it should have been on choce 31 which is all off(none). Now I don't know if being in semi firing mode cancels out ramping totally or not, but this option seems to suggest that it doesn't. The guy I lent my gun to is notorious for messing up settings when they aren't locked in tournament mode lol.....so I'm hoping this was my problem. It would explain why the trigger could be set so horrible yet the gun would still take off(he hit the activation speed, when I couldn't). Wish me luck sunday, I'll post back if it works. Others may have had this same issue.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 AM #30
MstrKey

Ok here is the update after playing with the gun yesterday.

First, I was wrong on the group firing mode issue. That was set perfectly fine. The issue was the aftermarket trigger. It was just too tight in the gun. It's actually machined very different from the fit of the stock trigger....which is a negative in my opinion. It just leaves too little adjustment in pre travel. MIght work great on the opti board but not with my aftermarket board(which it was supposed to be designed for oddly enough).

I put the stock trigger back in and set my debounce to 15........she works perfectly now. Still way bouncy at a stock debounce of 10 but with the increased adjustability it's easily managebale. I fault the contact point on the trigger for the bounce. It's too large of a surface which ends up contacting the switch more during rapid fire. If they added a smaler screw to trip the switch, rather than the trigger body I bet this problem could be lessened a lot.

My stock board stopped working though..........which is weird.........I tried putting it back in without any luck. It just died.

Last edited by MstrKey : 09-29-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:04 PM #31
matthepepe

matthepepe plays in the USPL
matthepepe plays in the APPA D4 division
im having serious issues with bounce with the new board and trigger too. I attempted to adjust the trigger screws all over the place to find a spot where the bounce would stop but didnt have any luck. I'll continue to make adjustments until I can get it to stop but right now im not having much success.

Team Fuse - NPPL
BA
matthepepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:18 AM #32
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthepepe View Post
im having serious issues with bounce with the new board and trigger too. I attempted to adjust the trigger screws all over the place to find a spot where the bounce would stop but didnt have any luck. I'll continue to make adjustments until I can get it to stop but right now im not having much success.
I did the same......put your stock trigger back in that will help. The new triggers are just totally done wrong. If you lay one on top of the other they're totally different where all the important contact points are. This is what happens without proper product testing
They might work fine with the opti boards.....but even the eye sensor blocking part doesn't look positioned properly. It's weird.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 AM #33
matthepepe

thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. Im assuming DP is aware that this is a reoccurring problem.

Team Fuse - NPPL
BA
Old 09-30-2008, 10:45 AM #34
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Very interesting! My microswitch board and trigger combo arrive today, so I'll see if I have the same issues! It'll all be by solenoid clicking though b/c I don't have any air hehe.
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:56 AM #35
matthepepe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailon View Post
Very interesting! My microswitch board and trigger combo arrive today, so I'll see if I have the same issues! It'll all be by solenoid clicking though b/c I don't have any air hehe.
just a heads up you wont be able to tell without air. everything seems fine until you put air on and then the bouncing begins.

Team Fuse - NPPL
BA
Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 PM #36
MstrKey

bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthepepe View Post
just a heads up you wont be able to tell without air. everything seems fine until you put air on and then the bouncing begins.
Ya without that actual kick from shooting a ball, bounce probably won't be an issue. Mine seemed fine without air too....then it just took off at the tournament. The funny part is the refs pulled the gun twice to check for ramping and it didn't bounce. I assume they checked for psp 3 shot lol. Meanwhile the thing was a full auto laning machine LOL. Kinda funny....

Old 09-30-2008, 02:06 PM #37
PBK1d916

I have both the new trigger and the micro board...shot it in the backyard and it did fine...you guys think it'll happen wen i go play? maybe its the running and gunning play that causes the trigger to go full auto/get bad bounce so i haven't experienced any problems yet?....i did take the set screw that goes on top of the trigger completely off cause the trigger with the set screw on(no matter how much i adjusted it) was too close and already activated the microswitch without even having the trigger pulled
PBK1d916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 AM #38
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Put my board in last night with the new DP trigger. First impressions: kind of difficult to get in. Between the button and the microswitch it was hard to get into the grip. After taping down the microswitch, I was able to slide it in without fearing breaking the button off.

When it got going, I definitely love the board. Lots of options, easy to program. I've adjusted the new trigger and new board without air and it seems to be really fast (after adjusting the rof limits hehe).

The only problem i've had so far (minus installation) was at one point during programming the microswitch metal contact actually got stuck DOWN! It only happened once all night, so hopefully it was a fluke. But it was stuck on a part of the gripframe so I had to actually open the grips and get a screw driver in there and pop the trigger back open. Not something you want to happen during a game!

More later when I get some air on it on saturday!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:32 AM #39
MstrKey

Ya it's pretty tight in there because the new triggers don't really fit right. There isn't a lot of space left in there.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:53 AM #40
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Yeah the new trigger didn't seem to go in right, but then all of a sudden it slid in and was perfectly fine.

What i had problems with was getting the microswitch past the frame. I didn't even have the trigger in.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM #41
MstrKey

Ya you just need to hold the switch arm back with something so you can clear the frame. It's VERY close but does go in.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:20 PM #42
Pbk1d
Nor Cal

Sorry for bringing a old thread back to life, but I didn't want to create a whole new one when the subject is already here. Anyone know the best setting's for uncapping my G3? I want to see how fast my G3 can shoot with the micro switch board uncapped because my friend just got the rotor and I want to test the consistency of the feeding as well as see the capabilities of my G3. I can get a vid up also. Any help is appreciated.