Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2010, 10:02 AM #1
Rapt0r

SLG '09 goin crazy!

Hey!My first post here. I've been frequenting the forum a lot the last couple of months just to learn more about my marker.
I got the SLG 09 basic about 4 months back and it's been shooting money. I had around 2 cases through it over 3 months with no issues at all.
The problem started about 3 weeks back while I was playing. The marker just stopped shooting, the solenoid clicked, but it didn't shoot.
I tried the bleed button and all but to no avail. The problem persisted.
I couldn't really check up on the issue then and there and for a while now coz i've been real busy, though I decided to have a look today. I tried changing all the o-rings and stuff, lubed it just enough and put the bolt back, and now it's leaking like crazy out of the bleed button. the button isn't coming up either. So i tried shutting my pressure off and turned the allen key about 2 rounds, it still leaks and I can't get it to stop. Tried changing the o-rings on the bleed button, same problem.
Any help please??
I can't send it to Dye coz I'm in India, and shipping back and forth would cost me more than the marker
Rapt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:57 AM #2
Pensacolaballer
Panhandle Assassin

Pensacolaballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
The last time it was used was it over pressurized? Check your reg pressure and see. Because I'm thinking you need a new back cap, I saw a marker like this just yesterday.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:01 PM #3
Rapt0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacolaballer View Post
The last time it was used was it over pressurized? Check your reg pressure and see. Because I'm thinking you need a new back cap, I saw a marker like this just yesterday.
Hi! The pressure was set to about 280fps. It's been at that ever since I first used the marker. Like I said, it worked PERFECTLY till the last time. Then, KABOOM!

Also, do you think I should call Dye and ask them for a new back cap. I think we're calling for a few more markers soon, or should I just get a New Designz or something?

Last edited by Rapt0r : 01-17-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM #4
Rapt0r

Bump!
No help!?!?
I've read through almost all the threads regarding the problems and tried everything. Nothing seems to work. The bleed button still doesn't move up.
I've cranked the reg pressure 3-4 turns, tried doing it slowly also. Still leaks.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 PM #5
aust10n
I really need ... to kill

Alright man.
Turn your velocity all the way down until it stops. Turn it out 5 turns.
Now gas it up.
You can't turn out the velocity and close the leak (when gassed) when it is coming out the bleed button. For some reason it won't seal when you do that. You have to do it when the gun is not gassed up.

If that doesnt work. Is there anything else you have done to the gun? Anything you took apart when cleaning, other than general maintenance.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 AM #6
Rapt0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust10n View Post
Alright man.
Turn your velocity all the way down until it stops. Turn it out 5 turns.
Now gas it up.
You can't turn out the velocity and close the leak (when gassed) when it is coming out the bleed button. For some reason it won't seal when you do that. You have to do it when the gun is not gassed up.

If that doesnt work. Is there anything else you have done to the gun? Anything you took apart when cleaning, other than general maintenance.
Will give that a try!
Nothing different really. Cleaned it and lubed it just right, shot a couple of pods through it and it stopped shooting. I couldn't check on it for a while. I changed the o-rings and the leak started. I'm out of air now so will have to go fill up and try again!

Edit : I had about 2k left so I tried that, the bleed button comes up and the leak stops, but if I so much as touch the button, it depresses again and doesn't come up. it used to be really hard before. Now it just goes down and stays down!

Last edited by Rapt0r : 01-19-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM #7
Tcheno

next time just raise your reg
Tcheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 PM #8
Rapt0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcheno View Post
next time just raise your reg
Reg was turned up around 2 turns when the leak started.
Turned the reg completely down and tried what aust10n suggested. The bleed button comes up, but if I even touch it, with absolutely no force, it goes back down and the leak starts again.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 PM #9
aust10n

Did you take your reg apart at all?

Did you take the backcap apart?
Try taking your backcap off that rod. There is a oring on your bleed button that may need changed and lightly lubed.

I had this same exact issue. I went through like you and changed all the orings, etc. I also changed the one on the bleed button. Hopefully that may be the issue.

If you took the reg apart take it completely apart once again. That plunger with all the shims on it. Make sure all those are installed properly. They should be resting on each other like so: ()()()()
If one is messed up it can screw everything else up. Example: ()((()()
When reinstalling this plunger make sure you push it all the way back into its seat in the reg. It will pop back into place once its all the way in. Then like before screw the velocity all the way back in and out 4-6 turns.

Last edited by aust10n : 01-19-2010 at 10:52 PM.
aust10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 PM #10
dsgballer

dsgballer supports Team VICIOUS
battery my friends did the same thing
dsgballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 AM #11
Rapt0r

Quote:
Did you take your reg apart at all?

Did you take the backcap apart?
Try taking your backcap off that rod. There is a oring on your bleed button that may need changed and lightly lubed.

I had this same exact issue. I went through like you and changed all the orings, etc. I also changed the one on the bleed button. Hopefully that may be the issue.

If you took the reg apart take it completely apart once again. That plunger with all the shims on it. Make sure all those are installed properly. They should be resting on each other like so: ()()()()
If one is messed up it can screw everything else up. Example: ()((()()
When reinstalling this plunger make sure you push it all the way back into its seat in the reg. It will pop back into place once its all the way in. Then like before screw the velocity all the way back in and out 4-6 turns.
Haven't taken the Reg apart. So that's def not it. I changed the bleed button o-rings and lubed them. Didn't solve the problem. Plus, the old ones were perfectly fine. compared them with the new ones I put out of the parts kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgballer View Post
battery my friends did the same thing
Battery is a brand new Duracell.

Me thinks the problem lies in the Reg. I don't think there's enough pressure going into the marker to seal the back cap. Though even when I turn it up 5 turns, the button comes up, yet goes down at the slightest of touches. like by just placing your finger on it.
Very very very strange problem.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:28 PM #12
Tcheno

Might be your reg, Dye has reported issues with some.
Try sending it in
Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 PM #13
aust10n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapt0r View Post
Haven't taken the Reg apart. So that's def not it. I changed the bleed button o-rings and lubed them. Didn't solve the problem. Plus, the old ones were perfectly fine. compared them with the new ones I put out of the parts kit.

Battery is a brand new Duracell.

Me thinks the problem lies in the Reg. I don't think there's enough pressure going into the marker to seal the back cap. Though even when I turn it up 5 turns, the button comes up, yet goes down at the slightest of touches. like by just placing your finger on it.
Very very very strange problem.
Do you have a buddy that will let you swap regs to see if that is the issue?

I highly doubt the battery will affect whether or not the reg is working properly or the gun is getting enough pressure. That is not the issue.

The issue has to be in the reg. Just break it down and service it. Maybe a oring in it went bad for no reason.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:26 AM #14
Rapt0r

Quote:
Do you have a buddy that will let you swap regs to see if that is the issue?

I highly doubt the battery will affect whether or not the reg is working properly or the gun is getting enough pressure. That is not the issue.

The issue has to be in the reg. Just break it down and service it. Maybe a oring in it went bad for no reason.
Yep, I'm gonne be trying that over the weekend. Will swap the Reg with another SLG's. Will try the back cap also. Maybe it's my back cap?

Quote:
Might be your reg, Dye has reported issues with some.
Try sending it in
Worst case scenario, will have a friend take it to Thailand for the first leg of the WCA. Dye should have a booth there and hopefully they'll be able to sort it out. But I'd really rather sort it out here.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:38 PM #15
Pensacolaballer
Panhandle Assassin

Pensacolaballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
Hey.
Sorry for the late response. I would definitely give the back cap a try.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:59 PM #16
aust10n

It very well could be the back cap. You said you took it apart. Maybe you put it back together wrong. Fool around with it maybe something is just not sitting right in it.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:15 PM #17
Rapt0r

aust10n, Pensacolaballer, Tcheno, thanks a tonne for the help! I dno how and I dno when the leak got fixed, but it did :S
Annoying because I still don't know what fixed it. I just aired it up and it stopped leaking. Though it's still not shooting. Solenoid clicks but it doesn't shoot.
Reg is set to about 2 turns.

We have another UL in our team and that's got the same problem. The solenoid clicks but it doesn't shoot. I spoke with Devon from Dye last weekend about it and he told me to adjust the tiny screw on the solenoid coz sometimes the solenoid gets a little displaced. That didn't help either. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Rapt0r : 01-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM #18
Rapt0r

Bumpity!

No help?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM #19
Tcheno

try you sear adjustment screw first
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM #20
Rapt0r

Quote:
try you sear adjustment screw first
Forgive the ignorance Tcheno, but I'm not sure where that comes... I know of the pin that holds the sear in place and the spring. Screw?

Last edited by Rapt0r : 01-27-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 PM #21
aust10n

Did you by any chance pop your solenoid out at any point?
If so there is a chance you might have lost a spring that sits in the base of the piston, or if what Tcheno said doesnt help, your solenoid might be sticking.