Old 09-04-2007, 03:56 PM #1
EmpireDude92
Mayor Dingleschlong

EmpireDude92 plays in the USPL
EmpireDude92 plays in the PSP
EmpireDude92 is an NCPA player
EmpireDude92 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Some things HK, Chicago and Defiance

Alright, while this is being made way way way too late, I think the message is still good and that this deserves it's own thread atleast for everyone to see. This is, I guess, what you would call a "report" of Team Defiance and our time at the Chicago PSP.

Defiance -noun: a daring or bold resistance to authority or to any opposing force.

Team Defiance started as a group of members of these forums, just wanting to throw in a team in the d4 5man bracket of PSP Chicago. As the deadline's for entry price increase grew close, a name was chosen just so the payment could be made. The team was originally of no HK affiliation except for the place where we had all met, these forums. Even though we were all supporters, we were worried as to if we would be screwed over by refs, because some field's refs (especially in the midwest ) always seem to think they have to hate the Hk organizzation, even though many that started their MW movement are supporters of the HK Army.

As we got closer to the event, we decided that because we were supporters that no matter what it was worth it to go ahead and make this team into an "HKN" of sorts, especially because here was not a rostered HKN for this event. Like the HKN's before us, we went to recruit the help of Steve Quan for our cause.

Steve Quan, while his image has been skewed lately, is a great person and without him this team and the hundreds of HK supporters would not have had the gear that Steve has become famous in the community for. With only a few days left before the deadline to leave for the event, Steve and his crew pulled an all nighter and turned out TWICE the longsleves that were ordered (the extras to go to supporters and one to ChronoKyle) almost TRIPLE the tshirts (extras went to those who helped us and other supporters. contests????) trendy and highly visible undershirts and HK tech flashlights (to be discussed).

We got to the event thursday, and we had only recieved the longsleeves. Even though we were promised much more, we were very happy with what we recieved and believed Steve will still do what he promised us he would. That day Steve had our things sent out from his workshop, with the best intentions of us having them to play in. The next day, with about 30 minutes till game time, Steve's package arrived our hotel. Part of our crew went to get them and what we recieved was just amazing.
Total amount from steve:
80+ Hk skull stickers
15 Longsleeves
15 T-shirts
7 Undershirts
15 HK tech flashlights (where'd they go)

While to some it may seem different, Steve is here to help us supporters and to spread the sport and the HK movement. The reason he was so generous with our care package is because as he was going throguh our roster he noticed that it was made up completely of HK forum supporters who had been around and worked to improve the forums. While to us it isn't to hard of a task to think before some of the things we put onto this forum, it means a lot to him and makes those all nighters for him not so long and he will at some point make it up to you guys when he gets the chance to.

Anyway, no more boring stuff, here's event info.

Roster:
Kevin Byram...mowinthe937/udflyer

Bobby Elderempiredude92

Josh "That NapTown Kid" HoweRuckusKid

Tim McGuigan (staff)

Jesse NewtonImpyShooter

Austin WitheyKlasic

Kevin "AZN" YoungAznKevin (only has pictures of himself only with myspace angles)

I'm not going to bore you guys with more and more pictures that many have already seen before. If you'd like I'm sure the team would love to or would enjoy if others posted up pictures they find. Expect soon for there to be atleast one more contest from members of this team. It will be posted in here. Thanks for all the HK supporters making these forums what they are.

Advertisement
Old 09-04-2007, 03:57 PM #2
EmpireDude92
Mayor Dingleschlong

***"Ebone's" face was removed because of what he felt was "his" that he took from the team. We on the team don't need the flashlights or stickers that were taken from us, but if you want our respect i would hope you would give them away to supporters in some sort of contest. Thanks a lot **** face

Thanks to:
Rob and his dad at Desiderata Productions (www.desiderataproductions.com) for their coverage of our team and the good times we had together off the field (Rob, i need my shorts d00d)
Patrick "McLovin" Conners (sketsket26, Patrick)-We beat up on you man, but it wouldn't of been the same without you Thanks for the coaching and funny nights.
Steve Quan-Lol, this thread was for you, thanks a lot. This team would not be anywhere close to what it became without you
Patrick at Breakoutphotos.com (breakout)-so much media coverage, we tried to get your name out there to. Plus you got me as the banner of my first website Hopefully you'll get around to seeing this sometime!
ChronoKyle-Brought us our longsleeves, we woulda been screwed without you. We didn't get many pictures from you, but we appreciate what you did for us none the less.
The "Defiance" Mom's-Thank you for helping us make the team a more organized effort.

Others (those some of us already knew at the event or new friends)
Spencer
Dan
Mike
Theo
Rob
And to all the team members. This was the first event I went to and truly had fun

*If i forgot you and you feel you deserve credit or acknowledgment, pm me and I will put you onto the list at the end

Last edited by EmpireDude92 : 09-04-2007 at 04:04 PM.
EmpireDude92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM #3
jrmiller
••Swing the hammer••

nice job guys! sick longsleeves
jrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 PM #4
MWkillaMW

MWkillaMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:09 PM #5
OaklandDogs187
RIP Towlie

has been a member for 10 years
OaklandDogs187 plays in the PSP
OaklandDogs187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lulz wheres my thanks!? I coached some, and prepared Kevin sexually in the hotel! Haha just kidding, it was cool having everyone there though and meeting a ton of new people.

èsKay
OaklandDogs187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:12 PM #6
.HEART. (Banned)
not 07'

It was a great experience for me to be able to go to an event for the first time to be met with open arms by people I havent even met in person before. The dedication and the attitude shown by the members of team Defiance at Chicago was immense and something i greatly admired. I tried as hard as i could to go watch all their games in between me reffing. Running off the field between points to go see how they were doing and even trying to coach them.

They were really great supporters and deserved all of what Steve Quan did for them. I know I was in no association with them at Chicago and Steve didnt make me any gear but I'd like to send a big thanks out to him for all the hard work he continues to deliver to supporters and ballers all over the country.

It was a good time guys and I hope you all will be able to make it to the great WORLD CUP.

Much Love <3
-Spencer
.HEART. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:17 PM #7
Patrick.
sketsket26

Defiance<3
Chicago<3
Getting beat up....no
Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM #8
Emjay
abbazabbayoumyonlyfriend

Old 09-04-2007, 07:32 PM #9
udflyer (Banned)
kByram

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandDogs187 View Post
Lulz wheres my thanks!? I coached some, and prepared Kevin sexually in the hotel! Haha just kidding, it was cool having everyone there though and meeting a ton of new people.
after the girls at the club i had to prepare myself

and whats this i hear about hk tech flashlights? my other one got stolen and i get lost late at night on those long walks home from the freshman dorms

Last edited by udflyer : 09-04-2007 at 07:37 PM.
udflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:47 PM #10
Sp0ngerboy
www.ProPaintball.com

Sp0ngerboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
your welcome for bringing the longsleeves, but dont feel bad that you didnt get any pictures from me, i didnt step foot on any field (so dont feel left out )
Old 09-04-2007, 08:13 PM #11
azn kvn
grizboy88

yeah it was fun.
I got vids of us pretending we have paintballs in the red marq ready to shoot pat in the hotel. Pat was being a girl ha.
Theres a vid of rob sitting/farting on pat but theo is too lazy to send it to me.

O, and you forgot about the flying v for the last game lol.

Well, it was pretty fun at Chicago, we should do it next year.

edit - (only has pictures of himself only with myspace angles)
whats that mean? lol
azn kvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 PM #12
Impyshooter3
.FHK.

Yee.

NAAF.
Impyshooter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 PM #13
bunked31
Magshooters Support Gunny

bunked31 is a Supporting Member
Sounds Like a good ol Time Chaps
Steve Props to you sir jolly good show
Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM #14
Patrick.
sketsket26

......i hate you guys.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:29 PM #15
Impyshooter3
.FHK.

Rob's farts will empty a room.

NAAF.
Impyshooter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM #16
EmpireDude92
Mayor Dingleschlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impyshooter3 View Post
Rob's farts will empty a room.
They're too fast, the whol room will be incapacitated before they even know its there
Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 PM #17
udflyer (Banned)
kByram

robs a ninja, i didnt even know he was in our room half the time...

advice for anyone to room with him. dont let him lay/sleep by the a/c
Old 09-04-2007, 08:55 PM #18
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

<333333333333333.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

fattyMcCheese36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM #19
ADi305
Im Black

cough cough josh howe = my father cough cough
cough cough cup team ? cough cough
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 PM #20
azn kvn
grizboy88

that would be sick to form a cup team. but school is in the way .
school>pball or whipped with bamboo stick lol
azn kvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 PM #21
udflyer (Banned)
kByram

im suprised kevin doesnt want to go to disney world, prolly see his family down there on vacation lol