PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2008, 11:29 PM #1
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

has been a member for 10 years
How can you find other recruiters?

Well....I really am sick and tired of how much of a moron my recruiter is. He's an idiot... I want to talk to another recruiter that can actually give me advice. Is there a directory of marine recruiters anywhere on the web? I'd love to find someone else around here to talk to.
hot in the mind of a STer must mean any non-fat breathing vagina. "
"Originally posted by Ghetto Bobo
God hates you. Satan hates you to. Meaning, when you die, you'll likely be anally raped by a horse for all eternity. "
theguythatownsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44 PM #2
theubernoob
phx to nyc

try googling recruiting stations around your house and see if there is more than one.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 PM #3
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

MetDTHero supports our troops
There should be more than one recruiter in an office.

HOWEVER!

Are you still in High School?
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

MetDTHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:52 PM #4
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

I've tried googling everything I could think of....and nothing. You'd think they would be trying to shove recruiter's numbers down your throat. And this asshat is the only marine recruiter in the area. I'd be willing to travel to find an intelligent one.

and, yes. I'm still in high school.
God hates you. Satan hates you to. Meaning, when you die, you'll likely be anally raped by a horse for all eternity. "
Old 09-13-2008, 06:44 AM #5
JackH (Banned)
13/f/cali

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguythatownsyou View Post
I've tried googling everything I could think of....and nothing. You'd think they would be trying to shove recruiter's numbers down your throat. And this asshat is the only marine recruiter in the area. I'd be willing to travel to find an intelligent one.

and, yes. I'm still in high school.
There SHOULD be an officer in charge of that recruiting station, call up there and find out if that guy is your only option
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 PM #6
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

I am going to hate to break it to you, but 9 times out of 10 if you are still are in high school you are going to be stuck with the recruiter assigned to that school.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

Old 09-13-2008, 07:13 PM #7
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

I would just really like to deal with someone willing to do a little extra paperwork and put effort into me getting in. I just got into some legal trouble and it might be infringing on my future in the marines...

Anyone knowledgable about the legal waivers. I just got a "zero tolerance under 21 dui". Where I had trace of alcohol in me... I'm most likely going to be getting probation.. Is there anything a recruiter can do to enlist me while I'm on probation? (When I turn 18, Feb 12th, it will be esponged off my record, but I may continue to be on probation, still)

I tried to explain my situation to my recruiter at the football game last night--and he was too drunk to listen to me talk. His only response, in slurred speech, was "WELLLLLL do you know anyone else that would like to sign uppppp???" That really makes me mad.

Can anyone advise me on how hard it will be to get me on my way to Parris Island June 25th??
Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 PM #8
JackH (Banned)
13/f/cali

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
I would just really like to deal with someone willing to do a little extra paperwork and put effort into me getting in. I just got into some legal trouble and it might be infringing on my future in the marines...

Anyone knowledgable about the legal waivers. I just got a "zero tolerance under 21 dui". Where I had trace of alcohol in me... I'm most likely going to be getting probation.. Is there anything a recruiter can do to enlist me while I'm on probation? (When I turn 18, Feb 12th, it will be esponged off my record, but I may continue to be on probation, still)

I tried to explain my situation to my recruiter at the football game last night--and he was too drunk to listen to me talk. His only response, in slurred speech, was "WELLLLLL do you know anyone else that would like to sign uppppp???" That really makes me mad.

Can anyone advise me on how hard it will be to get me on my way to Parris Island June 25th??

Getting you to go into military service on probation maybe pretty hard... depending on the state you're in you might get the probation dropped in light of your enlistment
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 PM #9
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

I'm going to talk to my lawyer Monday. It'll kill me if I can't do this. I know it will be hard, but is it at all possible for me to enlist while on probation?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 PM #10
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

**** my life.

I just found out that I can't enlist while on probation. My best chance is to ask my probation officer to recommend that I get off probation when I turn 18, and enlist after that. She hates me, though. She'll just be like..."Oh well, thats just too bad." She's the reason for the word *****. Well, this kinda screws my life up.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:59 PM #11
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
my office you have to be off probation for like 8 months before they'll take you.

If you talk to the recruiter and the SNCOIC they might be able to talk to the probation officer and see if they can get you off.

The problem is if you're in a really small office or a really big office that is a slim chance.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 PM #12
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

It's against the law for them to interfere with anything to do with my probation...

**** my life.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:28 PM #13
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
Hate to break it to you, But, have you realized your attitude may be the reason your recruiter AND probation officer don't like you enough to help you? You attract more bees with honey than vinegar my friend.
~sporks
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:33 PM #14
justavillain
I've got nothing

I meant that they might be able to get you off sooner like you said at 18, I've seen it.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM #15
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmArT-SpOrKs View Post
Hate to break it to you, But, have you realized your attitude may be the reason your recruiter AND probation officer don't like you enough to help you? You attract more bees with honey than vinegar my friend.
~sporks

My probation officer is pissed at the world.. She doesn't treat me worse than anyone else... but she's just in general... a *****. The recruiter was psyched about me...in every way. He told me I'd be perfect for the marines. Once he found out about the situation, he just stopped wanting to even "waste his time" to talk to me. He obviously just stopped wanting to pursue my future as a marine. Not to mention... he got drunk before going to a high school football game, in uniform, to recruit.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:46 PM #16
justavillain
I've got nothing

the whole drinking thing isn't an issue for you really.

as for that. If you're in a large office or a small office or hell even a med sized office there is a mission to be met, if he spent say 5 hours a week on your paper work then that'd be an interview and some area canvasing that he'd be missing out on. So it might not even be him but more the SNCOIC/norms for your office.

If they don't have the time/numbers. Besides if you're on probation there really isn't a need to mess around with you since there is nothing he can really do. So if your probation officer doesn't want to help then there is no point really. Sorry to say that but it's the truth.

How much longer do you have on probation? Besides you'd still need more waivers after you're off probation and at that point in time it's still at the SNCOIC's discretion if he wants to put that extra work in, but at that point you'd be out of that office and can go to any one you want.

there is A LOT more to recruiting then you think, even most people in don't really relise how much there is. If you work in an office for a month or more you learn the long egregious job of getting some one in.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
Old 09-13-2008, 08:56 PM #17
theguythatownsyou
BY GOD SON

It could be a while before I get off of probation. It's plain to see that what you described is the case. It's not worth the time to fool with me, I guess.

Will they have to do waivers, once I'm off probation? Once I turn 18, all of the juvenille record will be esponged. So..are you sure that they'll still have to file a waiver?

I'm going to talk to my probation officer monday morning...and just hope she will cooperate with me.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:10 PM #18
justavillain
I've got nothing

if you're on probation after you're 18 then you should still have a record. the whole record sealed thing is some what of a hard subject. I've seen them opened and some not.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 PM #19
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

Dont plan on getting a top secret clarence.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 PM #20
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
It could be a while before I get off of probation. It's plain to see that what you described is the case. It's not worth the time to fool with me, I guess.

Will they have to do waivers, once I'm off probation? Once I turn 18, all of the juvenille record will be esponged. So..are you sure that they'll still have to file a waiver?

I'm going to talk to my probation officer monday morning...and just hope she will cooperate with me.
If everything gets expunged, you are FINE. You can still get a TS clearance. Hell I know guys with MULTIPLE underaged drinking charges WHILE IN THE MILITARY get ABOVE TS, and get and stay in the PRP

Call me old school... but did you ever check the phone book for different recruiters?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 PM #21
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDTHero View Post
Dont plan on getting a top secret clarence.
How did you do on your SSBI?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote