PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 AM #1
96TL

has been a member for 10 years
SPD grips for Droid & 07 Borg

I’m about to order two sets of SPD grips for a Droid and 07 Borg. Does anyone know if the LEDs will shine through a solid SPD grip? Or do I need to have SPD make a cutout for the LED?

Also, does anyone know if Dark Seoul is still around? I wanted a pair of smoke mirror grips, but I think he's MIA.

Thanks.
96TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2008, 09:54 AM #2
ContractKiller88
Still Ballin!

ContractKiller88 plays in the PSP
ContractKiller88 supports DLX Technology
it will be really hard to see. i had a pair on my droid, the only time i could really see it was inside my house. it also depends what type of grips u want to buy, if u buy the custom grips it will be hard for the led to shine through but if u buy the clear color grips you will probably be able to see it.
ContractKiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:03 AM #3
trumpdabeast
better kids through drugs

Yes, it will shine through the solid vinyl on the back of the plexi. It will be harder to see in normal "daylight" conditions though. I have a set of grips on my Droid with a grim reaper on it, and I cut out "eyeholes" with an exacto knife. It helps a lot with the light.

I would recommend seeing if you can get SPD to make a cut out in a specific spot before they put on the graphic, that way you don't scratch the plexi, and you get more light through the grips.
trumpdabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:42 AM #4
96TL

SPD does offer the option to make the cutout for the LED. I just thought maybe I could get away without it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:10 PM #5
trumpdabeast
better kids through drugs

I asked for a cutout on my Droid grips, and they didn't do it, saying that you could see the light through the grips.

I don't think they would have a problem doing a cutout, BUT you might want to make sure it gets done. They would have redone mine if I asked (I think, that was the impression I got), but I'd just as soon get it done the first time.

The cutout doesn't have to be exact. Anywhere in the top third of the panel will make a good difference.
trumpdabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 PM #6
Phaelynar
Resident Jew

Phaelynar supports Empire
I have black SPD grips with a graphic and the light is clearly visible through them. However what effects other color grips and possibly larger/more detailed designs have on the light I do not know.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM #7
SPD
SPD

Annual Supporting Member
SPD LED light source

No Problem with adding a cut out where the light can come through the panel, you can do this in clear view through the panel which is standard or you can request that we keep the graphic covering that area and the backing will be cleared away for the light to still shown through and still show through the graphic in that area.

Hope this helps
MySpace

New Feedback

Old Feedback
SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 PM #8
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Dark Seoul is still around as I recall, he should still have his link up in the forums. I would go to him for solid colored and the like kind of grips. I would go to SPD for custom work. I got my grips in for my Droid a few weeks ago, might as well share now since they did a really nice job.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 PM #9
96TL

Tabris, how did you get them to color match it so well? Did you send them your gun?

Dark Seoul's thread is no longer working. I think his Gold Ups expired. And his PM box is full!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM #10
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Lots and lots of google searches actually. And just luck of the draw. The green is a really dark and green on the majority of the Nurv, but the body is a lighter green as you can notice and you can probably see some of the anno flaws toward the front and back of the body. Which is sad because the Nurv is such a nice marker. I'll just have to scuff it up playing though.

I got a pair for my Darq at the same time. Oddly enough I ended up with an Evil Ernie theme going with these markers without really thinking as I wanted something for my Darq first because I was sick of the tadao yakuza grip and how they looked because everybody would have them. I just thought it was funny how I got Lady Death and then Evil Ernie without really thinking about it. They came out really nice too.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0

Last edited by Tabris17 : 09-12-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote