Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2008, 01:16 AM #1
Spartan58 (Banned)

Bodybuilding and Performance Recipies

In ST:S Weightlifting, we preach about how diet is what makes or breaks gains you make in the gym. Not supplements, not a miracle workout. Abs, muscles, and all things in that way are made in the kitchen.

Ill start this off. Lets try to keep this a recipe only thread.

Chris's Homemade Half-Calorie Granola
Ingredients:
6 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons Splenda
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/3 cup of sugar-free syrup
1/4 cup pure honey or sugar-free imitation honey
1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried apricots
Pam nonstick spray
Step #1: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Step #2: Prep dry ingredients. In a large bowl, toss the oatmeal with the almonds, pecans, Splenda, and salt.
Step #3: Prep wet ingredients. Add the syrup, honey, pineapple juice, and almond extract to your rolled oats mixture.
Step #4: Coat a flat pan or "jelly roll pan" with Pam and spread mixture evenly. (This might take a couple of pans.)
Step #5: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 300 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes so it all gets evenly toasted.
Step #6: After cooling, add cranberries and apricots.
Step #7: Store in zip-lock plastic baggies or sealed jar.
Yield: 10 half-cup servings for normal people, 5 servings for bulking bodybuilder types, 1 serving for Chad Waterbury
Tips:
• I like to use sugar-free syrup but prefer regular, natural honey to the artificial, sugar-free stuff. Reason is, most sugar-free syrups and honeys use sugar alcohols like maltitol or sorbitol. A little of these ingredients is fine, but too much and you'll... well, let's just hope you have big dog in the house to blame.
• Options: Try figs, apples, or whatever dehydrated fruits you prefer. Also, try playing with your nuts. You know, use walnuts instead of pecans or something. (What did you think I meant, perv?)
• Half-calorie granola is not only good as cold breakfast cereal, it can also be sprinkled over yogurt or added to protein shakes. Heck, I like it right out of the baggie for airplane food.

Italian Turkey Meatloaf

(Makes 8 portions)
Ingredients:
2.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1 small onion
1 small red or green pepper
2 ribs celery
1/2 cup zucchini (optional)
1/2 cup broccoli stems (optional)
1 Tbsp garlic chopped
Dried Spices:
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 egg whites
2 cups rolled oats
Method:
1. Cook all veggies until just done and soft, adding the garlic during the last minute or so of cooking (about 12-15 minutes total). Set aside to cool.
2. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Put all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
4. Rub 2 loaf pans liberally with olive oil or use silicone pans (works best). Fill loaf pans with meatloaf mixture.
4. Place pans on baking sheet to catch any drips and bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until it reaches 135 degrees with a meat thermometer.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20-30 minutes.
6. Turn out onto a cutting board and slice into thick slices.
Per portion:
Calories 312
Fat 13g
Protein 30g
Carbohydrates 17g
Dietary Fiber 1g
To Serve:
Serve with roasted apples or pears for a delicious meal.

Chicken Apple Salad

Makes 2 portions
Ingredients:
10 oz. grilled chicken breast
2 small granny smith apples
1/2 red onion
1 red bell pepper
1-2 jalapenos
1 lime, juice and zest
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 handful fresh cilantro
Salt and fresh ground pepper
Method:
1. Cut chicken into strips, apple slices, red onion slices, pepper slices. Put all this into a large bowl.
2. Zest lime and add to bowl.
3. In small food processor add jalapeno, juice of the lime and process. Add olive oil and process. Pour this over the salad and mix. If you don't have a food processor, mince jalapeno with a knife and add to lime juice. Wisk in olive oil, then add to bowl with chicken.
4. Add lightly chopped cilantro and salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Let this sit for about an hour for the flavors to mix
Per portion:
Calories 354
Fat 15g
Protein 30g
Carbohydrates 28g
Dietary Fiber 5g
To Serve:
Serve on top of a green salad for lunch. Great after it sits in the fridge for a day also. Make a large batch and eat for a few days.

Steak Chili

(for slow cooker or large pot)
Makes 8 portions
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 large yellow onions chopped
2 large green bell peppers chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 pound top round or bottom round steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes or smaller.
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp. leaf oregano
2 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp tomato paste
4 Tbsp Chipotle pepper paste (comes in cans packed in adobo sauce, just puree to a fine paste)
1 cup water or stock
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh cilantro
Method:
1. Salt and pepper meat and brown in a hot cast iron or heavy bottom pan with olive oil a little at a time, add to crock pot when done. (It does not need to be fully cooked at this point, just browned.)
2. Sautee onions in the same pan (without cleaning) 5 minutes. Add to crock-pot.
3. Sautee peppers (both colors) and add to crock-pot. Add garlic and spices to the pan and sauté about 30 seconds to 1 minute till fragrant
4. Add Chipotle paste and tomato paste and sauté a minute more, and then add some of the water or stock to the pan and stir off any brown bits (fond) from the bottom of the pan. Pour into the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Add celery and can of tomatoes to crock pot with the rest of the water or stock and then turn on high until it comes to a light simmer. Turn down and cook for another 25-30 minutes if using top round. For bottom round cook for 1 1/2 hours total.
6. Add chopped fresh cilantro and garnish with sour cream and chopped red onions if desired.
Per portion without rice made with beef top round:
Calories 297
Fat 15g
Protein 27g
Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 4g
To Serve:
Serve with brown rice for a complete meal

Cranberry Orange Muffins

Makes 6 muffins
Ingredients:
Dry:
1 scoop Orange Metabolic Drive Protein Powder
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup oats
2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup Splenda
Wet:
3 whole eggs
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp. vinegar (apple cider or white)
1 cup cottage cheese
2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
Garnish:
zest of 1 orange
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Method:
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
2. Using silicone muffin cups or regular lined muffin tins, spray lightly with non stick spray or rub with oil if not using liners.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Combine wet ingredients separately in a small bowl .
5. Add garnish ingredients to wet and fold in.
6. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
7. Gently mix together the wet and the dry ingredients until just combined.
DO NOT OVER MIX!
8. Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
DO NOT OVER BAKE!
9. Let cool slightly, then remove from cups and eat warm. Muffins can be frozen and re-heated also.
Per portion:
Calories 189
Fat 6g
Protein 16g
Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 3g

Full Frontal Frittata

Imagine, if you will, a pie.
Not a sweet pie, but a savory pie, a pie you could have for breakfast or dinner, a pie that's low in carbs, high in protein, and full of healthy vegetables.
Oh, you say, surely no such wondrous pie exists!
And I'd say, yes, yes it does exist, and it hails from Italy and is the granddaddy of the hearty omelet, only... tastier. It's called a frittata, and it's like slow wet sex on a thunderous Texas night.

Well, okay, maybe not that good. But it's mighty tasty. Let's make us one!
Ingredients:
4 omega-3 enriched whole eggs or 8 egg whites (3/4 cup of whites)
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
4 ounces (1 cup) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup low-fat Feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup skim milk or Calorie Countdown milk
Reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon basil
1 garlic clove (minced) or dash of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pam cooking spray
Instructions:
1. Find your oven. It's probably near the microwave. Preheat that sucker to 375 degrees.
2. Toss your sliced squash and zucchini into the microwave for 6 or 7 minutes until tender. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with Pam and line it with the nuked veggies.
3. On top of the veggies, toss in the mozzarella, tomato, and feta.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour this into your pie pan over the cheese and tomato layer. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes uncovered. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before wolfing down.

Options:
Lots. This works great with whole eggs or egg whites. And pretty much any vegetable goes. I've used mushrooms, peppers of every kind, avocado, eggplant, spinach, and sun dried tomato to name a few. Basically, just toss whatever veggies you have in the fridge. "Frittata" is in fact Italian for "leftover user-upper." (That's a true fact I just made up.)

I've also made it with lean turkey sausage for a true "breakfast pie" experience. Just brown the sausage a little in a pan first and toss it on top of your veggie layer.
Get creative with this one!
Spartan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2008, 01:28 AM #2
Spike8890 (Banned)

Now what do you suggest for the average college student who doesn't have any way of cooking that?
Spike8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 AM #3
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

has been a member for 10 years
Mmmm. I'm digging this thread already. I only have quick easy stuff myself. I live off frozen veggies and baked potatoes so my only creative recipes revolve around meat. I'll get some typed up later I suppose.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
ChaoticReign Pbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 AM #4
Spartan58 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike8890 View Post
Now what do you suggest for the average college student who doesn't have any way of cooking that?
Better answered in the ST:S:Weightlifting thread. Its not that hard to eat right. Just takes some ghetto rigging and self dicipline.
Spartan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 AM #5
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

Ok I'll throw up two quickies I use when I'm not looking to do a ton of prep.

Simple Lemon Garlic Chicken:

2-3 Chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into fourths
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Fresh lemon
Coarse Pepper (to taste)
Seasoned flour (add your own seasonings, basic would be just to add pepper and salt)

This is very simple. Dice your garlic up and set it aside. Trim and cut your chicken. I usually end up with 3-4 pieces per breast, making sure to cut thick pieces in half. Take or flour and just lightly coat the chicken. Now get out a no stick pan for this and heat a litttle less than a tablespoon of olive oil. Add your garlic and let it flavor your oil. Don't wait for your garlic to brown, add the chicken after a minute or so. Lightly brown both sides of the chicken. Cut your lemon in half and squeeze the juice out onto your chicken. Let it cook down a little so your chicken is coated, making sure to flip the chicken at least once so both sides are coated. Enjoy.

Simple Asian Style Ground Chicken

Ground Chicken (this recipe works with turkey, beef, or pork as well but make sure it's lean or it defeats the purpose)
Chopped up lettuce or cabbage
Red Pepper Flakes
Sesame Oil
Soy Sauce

This is another real simple and fast recipe. Do not try it without a no stick pan because it can be a hassle if you don't know what you're doing. Ok, mix your lettuce and red pepper flakes up with the ground meat. How much of either ingredient you use is up to you. Get your pan really hot. Don't add any butter or oil, all you need is a hot pan. Add your meat taking care to keep it chopped small and frequently moving it around to make sure it cooks evenly. This is meant to cook quickly and under high heat so it browns well. If you're getting liquid in your pan it's because the meat is cooking too slowly, drain it off, wipe the pan clean and heat it up again. When everything is evenly browned add 1-2 tsp of sesame oil depending on how much you're cooking. Then add almost a tablespoon of Soy Sauce. After that you're done.

These are just some of my simple goto recipes when I'm impatient. They don't require a lot of work and they taste great.

Fitchburg State College
Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 AM #6
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

Grilled stuffed chicken breast:

Take 1-how ever many you want to do chicken breasts and dethaw them.

After thawing is done take a filet knife and cut along the chicken breast to make a pocket.

Take your favorite veggies/other meat(crab meat or anything really) and stuff as much as you want into the chicken.

Ex: Asaparugus and some spinach.

Season to your liking, I normally put mrs. dash and some seasoning salt on it.

Grill untill the juices run clear from the chicken breast.

Will post more once I get home.

"Originally posted by LostFaction15: :tup: to all of you

except for maddog, hes a doucher"
matrixkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM #7
apfroggy0408

Here's a very simple chicken recipe that my family has seemed to like.

So far I've only used chicken.

Ingredients-
Chicken
1 Red and 1 green bell peppers
Cayenne pepper
2 limes
About a handful of spinach.
Garlic salt

Have a pan on the oven warming up.

Dice up chicken and put it in a bowl. Put a "dash" of garlic salt on the chicken, and put your sliced up bell peppers. Throw in your spinach now too.

Toss everything into your pan and raise the heat a little bit.

Take your limes and soak the chicken whilst it in the pan. Now put a couple dashes of your cayenne pepper.

Mix until the bottom of the chicken is white. Flip the chicken throw some more cayenne and let it finish cook.

I hope it made sense lol.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:52 AM #8
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

They're not really recipes, but a few tricks I've learned that you all might enjoy.

Take up to 4 sweet potatoes and wrap each one in aluminum foil. Pre-heat the oven to 400 and then put in the sweet potatoes. It should take an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes for them to cook. They're done when you can stick a fork in them and it comes out clean. I always just take the skin off, mash it up and throw a little salt on it. You could also try using a little splenda or honey on top.

Cut up bell peppers and onions are a great side for any dish. I just cut up a large onion and 2 large bell peppers. Throw them in a pan with a little olive oil and voila the perfect side. You can also season them with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 PM #9
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

I bake my potatoes in the microwave. Just wet it in the sink to clean it up. Don't wipe the water off. It helps. then microwave for 4-5 minutes. After that wrap it in foil and let it rest for like 5 minutes.

Fitchburg State College
Old 09-10-2008, 05:52 PM #10
empiretimmy53

Tuna Burgers

Ingredients:
- Can of tuna (in water)
- One egg
- Tablespoon of bread crumbs
- Spices (lemon pepper, cayenne, black pepper, etc. whatever sounds good)

Preheat a pan at medium heat. Drain the tuna of all water and drop it into a bowl. Crack egg into bowl, remove yoke if you like. Throw bread crumbs and spices into bowl. Mix together with spoon; make sure to maintain some chunkyness with the tuna. Roll mix together into two balls and throw them onto preheated pan and press them into burger shape. Leave for 4 minutes, flip, then leave them for 2 more minutes. Enjoy.
empiretimmy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:35 AM #11
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

The bulkers omelet:

5-10 WHOLE eggs. Depending on how much you want to bulk/eggs you can stand in one sitting.
Meat, any that you want to put in there.
Veggies, the more the better.
Cheese, any kind that you like, stay away from any processed cheese like slices of american cheese.
Skim, 2%, or Vitamin D milk.

Take eggs crack and put in large mixing bowl. Beat together, add some milk (I dont know if anyone else does this but I always do). Take large pan and spray with non stick cooking spray. Turn onto low heat and slowly let the eggs rise. During this place all veggies, meat, and cheese onto one side of the eggs. Flip other half of eggs not coverd by the veggies,meeat, and cheese onto them. Countinue to let it sit there, flip if wanted. If the middle eggs arnt quite done (a little runny still) put in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds and they should be perfect. Also top with more cheese if desired.

Last edited by matrixkid89 : 09-11-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:30 PM #12
emotive789

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwestpballer View Post
They're not really recipes, but a few tricks I've learned that you all might enjoy.

Take up to 4 sweet potatoes and wrap each one in aluminum foil. Pre-heat the oven to 400 and then put in the sweet potatoes. It should take an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes for them to cook. They're done when you can stick a fork in them and it comes out clean. I always just take the skin off, mash it up and throw a little salt on it. You could also try using a little splenda or honey on top.

Cut up bell peppers and onions are a great side for any dish. I just cut up a large onion and 2 large bell peppers. Throw them in a pan with a little olive oil and voila the perfect side. You can also season them with a little bit of salt and pepper.
sorry but that doesnt have much to do with bulking or performance. theyre just vegetables.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 PM #13
The Villain
ehhh maybe it ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotive789 View Post
sorry but that doesnt have much to do with bulking or performance. theyre just vegetables.
Lol yeah sweet potatoes, i mean who eats those.......

There is a LOT more to being a bodybuilder or weight lifter than just eating large amounts of lean protein.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 PM #14
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

Quote:
Villian hit it, but it has everything to do with performance. You have to eat the veggies in order to get nutrients. Plus just eating chicken all the time gets boring as hell. I was just trying to let people in one some simple ways to spice up their diets while keeping it clean.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:21 PM #15
Ghettoballr (Banned)

i find actually cooking for bodybuilding soo difficult and too much work lol. Ill just pound a carton of eggs and a million chicken breasts and canned tuna like crazy. plus my suppliments , it isnt too bad , boring , but very little work.
Ghettoballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:15 AM #16
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

Tillie's Low-Carb Grass-Fed Chili

1 pound grass-fed ground beef 1080 kcal

1 packet chili spice mix (I like Wick Fowler's brand chili spice mix. All of the components are in different packets. Toss the "Masa" flour in the trash.) 120 kcal

1 can whole stewed tomatoes 140 kcal

3/4 to 1 package frozen French cut green beans 120-140 kcal

1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced

1/4 cup grass-fed cheese per serving 115 kcal

2 tablespoons sour cream per serving 52 kcal

Directions

1. Turn heat to medium-high under a heavy bottomed pot. Add meat and brown.

2. Add tomatoes, and follow spice mix directions (leave out the Masa flour!). Add remaining ingredients, except cheese and sour cream.

3. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Top with cheese and sour cream and enjoy.

Nutrition

1,460 kcal for batch, 167 kcal for toppings per batch: divide it up according to your goals and needs. For example, 3 servings = 650 kcal per serving.

Green Cakes & Steak

The Beef: Ingredients

4 6-oz grass-fed steaks 405 kcal

A handful of my spice rub (see my previous article for the recipe)

Spice Rub

1/4 cup paprika

1 Tbsp. Splenda/sugar mix

1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander

1/2 tsp. ground cumin

Cayenne pepper to taste

The Beef: Directions

1. Rub meat thoroughly.

2. Cook meat however you like it: grilled, broiled, medium, well, rare.

The Cakes: Ingredients

4 medium or 7 small zucchini 132 kcal

1 small onion 29 kcal

2 eggs (farm eggs if you've got 'em) 140 kcal

2 tablespoons olive oil 240 kcal

Salt and pepper to taste

4 tablespoons sour cream (grass fed if you can find it) 104 kcal

1 cup applesauce 100 kcal

The Cakes: Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400° F.

2. In a food processor use grater attachment to grate all veggies, and transfer to a large bowl.

3. Beat egg, salt and pepper in a separate cup and add to bowl of veggies. Mix well. (Some zucchini are more watery than others; if you notice liquid accumulating in the bowl, pour it off.)

4. Place large spoonfuls of the mix onto olive oiled baking sheets, and flatten with spoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes per side. Cakes should stick together well. If not, add an extra egg because zucchini doesn't come in standard sizes.

Nutrition

2,365 kcal per batch of steak and zucchini latkes: divide it up according to your goals and needs. For example, 4 servings = 591 kcal per serving (including 1/4 cup apple sauce and 1 tablespoon sour cream on top of green cakes).

Six-Pack Beef Stew
Ingredients

2 pounds boneless grass-fed beef (chuck, shank), trimmed of visible fat and cut into 1" cubes 1927 kcal

4 tablespoons tomato paste (no high-fructose corn syrup!) 60 kcal

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 20 kcal

1 large yellow or white onion, chopped 69 kcal

3 medium turnips, cubed 102 kcal

5 large carrots, cubed 148 kcal

4 cloves garlic, chopped

1 bay leaf

1 teaspoon dry thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh)

1 cup water

1 cup red wine 198 kcal

2 tablespoon olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste (be generous)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Chop veggies and meat.

2. Brown meat cubes in olive oil in a large Dutch oven (or some other heavy large oven-safe pot with a lid).

3. Add remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer.

4. Place Dutch oven in oven and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until meat is fork tender.

Nutrition

2,524 kcal per batch: divide it up according to your goals and needs. For example, 5 servings = 505 kcal per serving.

Beef Sate

The Beef: Ingredients

1/3 cup soy sauce 66 kcal

1/2 — 1 teaspoon Splenda (depending on how sweet you like it)

3 tablespoons lime juice 20 kcal

3 tablespoons vodka or brandy (nearly all the calories cook off) 195 kcal

1 tablespoon peanut oil 120 kcal

1 heaping tablespoon Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste 15 kcal

1 1/2 pounds 1/2" thick grass-fed steak, cut into 1" squares 1620 kcal

Skewers, metal or bamboo (optional, you can just cook the pieces with no skewers at all)

The Beef: Directions

1. Mix everything but the beef in a large bowl.

2. Put beef into marinade, and let it marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.

3. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes if you're going to grill over flame.

4. Grill or broil 5 — 8 minutes depending on how well-done you like it.

5. Serve with peanut sauce and veggies.

The Peanut Sauce: Ingredients

1/2 cup boiling water

1/4 cup natural peanut butter 420 kcal

Juice of 1 lemon or lime 10 kcal

1 teaspoon of Splenda or Xylitol (granulated)

1/2 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste 25 kcal

The Peanut Sauce: Directions

1. Add all ingredients to boiling water. Stir, lower heat, and simmer until it thickens some: about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

2. Pour over meat and/or veggies.

Nutrition

2,491 kcal per batch: divide it up according to your goals and needs. For example, 4 servings = 649 kcal per serving including 1 cup peas (26 kcal per servings), and 3 tablespoons peanut sauce. There is generally always left over peanut sauce and the alcohol cooks away, so the real calorie count is actually lower.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 AM #17
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

Anabolic EggsSoftware:

4 eggs (omega-3 enriched*)

1 avocado

Handful of sun-dried tomatoes

1 tablespoon half & half or heavy whipping cream (a favorite of old-school bodybuilders)

Less than a teaspoon of butter or Fleischman's made with olive oil

Optional: Handful of shredded fat-free cheese

* Take a hen, feed it flax seeds and fish oil. You get eggs with more omega-3. How cool is that?

Hardware:

2 ramekins or custard cups

Pan for water bath

How to Make Anabolic Eggs

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2) Get a couple of ramekins, those little heatproof dishes. (Ask your granny.)

With your hopefully-clean finger, thinly coat the bottom and sides with a smidge of butter.

3) Now toss some sun-dried tomatoes in there along with some diced avocado. (Mushrooms and roasted red peppers work well too.)

4) Crack a couple of eggs into each one. (Always crack eggs on a flat surface, never on the side of a pan or counter edge which causes shards and therefore crunchy eggs. Not good.) Give the ramekins a little shake to cover the avocado and tomato.

5) Add more avocado and tomato, then a tablespoon of whipping cream or half 'n half.

6) Now place the ramekins in a water bath: a pan filled with an inch or two of water. I use my lasagna dish. This ensures even cooking, no scorching, and moisture.

7) Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on if you like your yolks soft or hard.

8) Top with a little shredded fat-free cheese and serve. Just eat them right out of the baking dish with a spoon. Top with turkey sausage if that fits your diet plan!

The only drawback to this dish is the long cooking time, so make it a nice Sunday morning breakfast. Or do what I do since I prefer low carbs at night: make it for dinner!

Chris's 5-Minute Metabolic Pie

Ingredients:

2 boxes of sugar-free fat-free instant Jell-O pudding mix

2 cups Calorie Countdown milk or skim milk

1 Metabolic Drive chocolate chunk bar

1 tub fat-free, sugar-free, or lite Cool Whip

2 scoops chocolate Low-Carb Metabolic Drive

1 reduced-fat graham cracker pie crust

Chop up the Metabolic Drive bar. In a big bowl, whisk the milk with half of the Cool Whip. Now whisk in the pudding mix and Metabolic Drive protein powder. Pour into the crust, spoon other half of Cool Whip over the top, and add the chopped protein bar.

Refrigerate for five minutes or so and enjoy. You'll get around 20 grams of protein per slice if you eat a big honkin' slice like me.

Ideas and Options

Truly endless options here once you get the base recipe down. Here's a few:

• You have two ways to make this into a totally different pie: Change the Metabolic Drive flavor and change the pudding mix flavor.

Try white chocolate pudding mix and vanilla Metabolic Drive.

The vanilla protein works with any pudding powder really: pistachio, butterscotch, lemon, etc. You can also use banana cream or strawberry Metabolic Drive with vanilla pudding. Top it with walnuts and fresh sliced banana or strawberry. Top a vanilla pie with a cookie dough Metabolic Drive bar for even more variety.

• Use two scoops of Metabolic Drive for a thicker, cheesecake-like texture. Use one scoop for a lighter, fluffier texture.

• Want to add some fiber? Toss in a serving of Benefiber or Fibersure, both gritless fiber supplements.

• Want to maximize the chocolaty goodness? Pour some Smuckers sugar-free hot fudge topping into a squeeze bottle and drizzle over the top.

• Want to lower the calories even more? Skip the Cool Whip on top. Use only the half-tub in the filling.

• Really like those Metabolic Drive bar chunks? Then along with the one you add on the top, go ahead and mix another in when you're whisking the filling.

• Okay, the reduced-fat graham cracker crust ain't exactly a health food; it's just cutting the calories a little compared to a regular crust. It's a "better bad" food. Not great, but better. If you're on a stricter diet plan, just ditch the crust. Pour the filling into a bowl or glass and top with a shot of fat-free whipped cream (only 5 calories) and a sprinkle of walnuts.

Seared Ahi Tuna

This is so simple it's not even a "recipe" really, just a couple of steps:

1) Get some sushi-grade ahi tuna. Salt and pepper it.

2) Add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to a pan or spray it with Pam organic olive oil. Once the pan is smokin' hot, drop the tuna onto it. Press it down with a spatula and sear it for just 30 seconds or so on each side.

3) Slice and serve with a spot of wasabi sandwich sauce (found in deli section).

4) Watch figure competitor swoon and make little sex noises as she eats it. Priceless

Me being bored at work haha.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM #18
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwestpballer View Post

I may be mistaken, but isnt the skin where many of the crucial vitamins and nutrients are?

But I give this A++, been trying to find some good food to eat that is good for me as well. Thanks =]
Old 09-12-2008, 01:11 PM #19
emotive789

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Lol yeah sweet potatoes, i mean who eats those.......

There is a LOT more to being a bodybuilder or weight lifter than just eating large amounts of lean protein.
yeah i know, but everybody should eat vegetables whether they work out or not, so its not necessarily workout/performance food in my opinion because it should be present in everybody's diet.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:17 PM #20
matrixkid89
lukes team sucks

Quote:
yeah i know, but everybody should eat vegetables whether they work out or not, so its not necessarily workout/performance food in my opinion because it should be present in everybody's diet.
The average person doesnt take in nearly the amount they need. Also there are a ton out there that dont even eat any. So yes vegitables are a crucial part of every body builders/weight lifters diet.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:26 PM #21
emotive789

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixkid89 View Post
The average person doesnt take in nearly the amount they need. Also there are a ton out there that dont even eat any. So yes vegitables are a crucial part of every body builders/weight lifters diet.
did you not read what i said? i said they should be present in everybody's diet, so theyre not necessarily only a performance food.