PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2015, 07:16 PM #1
UrbanAchiever

UrbanAchiever plays in the PSP
Anodizing Questions

I want to buy this body but have a few questions for you guys.

1.I was told I will need to ano the body because of the fresh milling. Is that true and why exactly do I need to ano it?

2.I am thinking of doing all of the SW to NE groves in orange dust on the gun and the rest black dust. Is this something that an anodizer can do? If not what are the limitations I need to be aware or?

3. It comes with a gloss black back block. Can this also be anodize to dust black?

4. The grip frame I will buy will already be dust black. Would it be wise to also get that annod with the gun or is the dust black anno universal in tone?

5. How much would a project like this cost me?
Any help would be great
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2015, 05:58 PM #2
Stepchild
You wanna know why......?

Annual Supporting Member
Stepchild is a Moderator
Stepchild is a Supporting Member
Stepchild is a founding member
Stepchild plays in the PSP
I cant see the picture

1. You will not NEED to anodize it. Raw aluminum is much softer than anodized aluminum is the largest reason you would WANT to anodize it.

2. Althought I can't see the picture. It doesn't sound out of the question to be done. But you might not like the cost of doing very specific masking and coloring.

3. yes

4. I would not call Dust black "universal" in tone or color but if there was a color that was universal it would be dust black. The biggest difference you may see is in the degree of dust. Basically I would have it redone just to make sure the dust finish on all the parts looks the same.

5. No clue. It depends on the anodizer. I can't even tell you what I would have charged (I don't do anodizing anymore) without being able to see the picture.

www.blitzpaintball.net www.planeteclipse.com www.hustlepaintball.com

RIP Rusty Fox. You were my brother and my friend. You will never be forgotten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZs_Nj65M8
Stepchild is offline   Reply With Quote