Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM #106
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
None of those wars posed a threat to the people living in America. But by having the American military go into those wars, it directly resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives that may otherwise not have happened. And 9/11 was a result of the US gov backing dictatorships and intervening in the sovereignty of other nations.

Do you even know what bigot means? Ive never heard it being associated with being against senseless murder. However I did just see your post in the bradley manning thread. And if anyone is a bigot its you!
Your ****ing stupid right, no like your a moronic *** clown.

December 7, 1941 ... Ring any bells Japan attacked us. They came from JAPAN to purposely kill Americans and invade our shores. They also attacked Midway Island and once again KILLED Americans then enslaved them. No you moronic **** the only bigot is you, the simple fact your allowed to breath is a damned shame ... People like you are the cancer that continues to moleste this once great nation to nothing more than a sex child in a Michael Jackson case. You understand nothing more than the crap your worthless fish bowl world holds. I pray and really hope something evil happens to you one day.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM #107
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk
 
xFSUxlaxflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Springs
xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
Dude you singned up for that. You have what is called a welfare job! You serve no real purpose but people are still forced to pay for your services. What you should really do is go up to everyone you ever meet and say "Thank you so much for paying my salary, even tho you may or may not want to". But if you want to talk about dangerous jobs; tell me the last time you thanked an iron worker for risking their life to actually provide a wanted service here in america. Or how about a gas-station clerk for also risking getting shot even tho they never signed up to go into battle? Those are are both on the top 10 most dangerous jobs in america.
Ah I see... a "welfare" job.... Right because when the attack does come we wanna have absolutely no Army so as to provide for a great defensive posture... Not to mention all the non-war related jobs we do. Such as intelligence (indications and early warning to attempt to prevent or head off an attack), humanitarian aide missions (Haiti), Peace Keeping missions to protect the freedoms and right of fellow human beings on this planet so they in turn will want to help us should we ever be in a time of need (Kosovo, Europe, Korea, etc.) As for Iron workers, gas-station attendants and the other dangerous jobs in this world, your point is slightly moot. Often those jobs all come with the enough incentives to create a desire in certain people to accept the risk of that job.

Structural Iron Worker $38,735 (average starting salary)
Gas Station Attendant $19,952 (average starting salary)
Enlisted Soldier $20,055 (E-2 average starting rank)

The difference is that admittedly most soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen accept the risk and sign up for this job there is no quitting. There is no disagreeing with the boss. When the country orders me to go into a war zone it doesn't matter if I personally agree with it or not. This is why people show so much support to soldiers and ultimately in my opinion what you are failing to understand and thus leaves you unable to understand why people thank us for what we do. Often there is also the factor of the families of the soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen. Sure Iron working, and gas station attending is dangerous, but at the end of the day the Iron worker and the Gas Station attendant both get to go home and see their wife and kids every day where as at times service members are unable to even get that small luxury.

But you know you seem to know so much about Military Policy, Foreign Policy, Global scale Socio-Political themes, and the Military Ethos of service members. You should run for public office. It would seem you would make a far far far better president than any single one we have had so far . However, you have to work on your spelling...

“In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace. The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected.”

-Sun Tzu
__________________
ST: OGPT- The doctor is in.
xFSUxlaxflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 AM #108
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
Dude you singned up for that. You have what is called a welfare job! You serve no real purpose but people are still forced to pay for your services. What you should really do is go up to everyone you ever meet and say "Thank you so much for paying my salary, even tho you may or may not want to". But if you want to talk about dangerous jobs; tell me the last time you thanked an iron worker for risking their life to actually provide a wanted service here in america. Or how about a gas-station clerk for also risking getting shot even tho they never signed up to go into battle? Those are are both on the top 10 most dangerous jobs in america.
I'd love to say this is where you screwed up, but that would be a lie. You screwed up way before this post. You also don't know what a welfare job is. I'm not going to go through your older posts piece by piece, but I will be watching this thread from here on out. I suggest you hit the books, because if you aren't well read I am going to mop the floor with you.


That being said, I came to the realization recently that the memorials aren't for the people to remember what we and our brothers have done. They are for us, the veterans, to remember. The "thanks for your service" comments are, as others have pointed out, placation to make the giver of those sentiments feel better for letting you put your life on the line in order for them to not have that obligation.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts

Last edited by barrel roll : 02-28-2012 at 08:17 AM.
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:07 AM #109
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...
 
DeadeyeDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wisconsin
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
Barrel Roll, a round of applause for you good sir.

You know what they say

"War never solved anything, except slavery, oppression, genocide, facism and nazism.."
__________________
Proud Member of Brew City Bomb Squad! Semper Inebritas!
Sponsored by Hustle Paintball
CPX Legion:My Name is Legion For We Are Many..
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 AM #110
timseffinview
 
 
timseffinview's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GA
timseffinview plays in the PSP
timseffinview posts videos on PbNation
timseffinview plays in the APPA D4 division
timseffinview has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
timseffinview has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was going to quote something that ****lick said, but I couldn't bring myself to put any of that crap into my reply. But, is he serious? All we do is start wars? I never got that email in my Outlook, nor did I hear of this in my most recent staff meeting.

Last I checked, the thread was called "Thank our Service Members," not bash us and call us war-mongerers.

I'm not even going to argue with it, I'll let all my other brothers and sisters do it for me and I'll point and laugh as you try to conjure up more "facts" about the Military, probably from what all your high school friends are saying during lunch break.


And I thanked a gas-station employee just today as he sold me cigarettes right before I came to work, so in your face!
__________________
Vehicle Maintenance - 2T351
U.S. Air Force
timseffinview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM #111
Animal_Mother (Banned)
Kill 'em All
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Danger Close
I love how the mods on this forum closed our GDTs and banned members for doing very little actual trolling/flaming, but do nothing to this dick bag that openly disrespects and trolls us. Spot on work, again, mods.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 AM #112
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
**** I bet well all get infractions for trolling and flamming with insults
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM #113
Lazarusrat
 
 
Lazarusrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
None of those wars posed a threat to the people living in America. But by having the American military go into those wars, it directly resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives that may otherwise not have happened. And 9/11 was a result of the US gov backing dictatorships and intervening in the sovereignty of other nations.

Do you even know what bigot means? Ive never heard it being associated with being against senseless murder. However I did just see your post in the bradley manning thread. And if anyone is a bigot its you!
Yeah because the Everyone knows Japan would have stopped after taking over Korea... Errr I mean they would have stopped after taking over Manchuria.... Errr I mean they would have stopped after taking over China... Errr I mean they would have stopped after taking over Indio-China, and Burma, and Guam, and the Phillipines....

And Germany; Everyone knows that they would have stopped after taking teh Rhineland, Austria, Poland, the netherlands, France, Britian (oops they couldn't pull that one off), Russia....

Not to mention we all know the Russians just wanted to live in peace and isolationism... The last thing Russian wanted was to create satelite communist nations by either "liberating" countries and the establishing oppressive Communist military states OR supporting communist revolutions with in countries. And the people in those countries simply LOVED their new communist governments that were forced upon them. Its not like their leader beat his shoe on the Russian deligation table at the UN screaming "we will burry you!!".

None of that was threat to America, because people bent on conquest are never a threat to America. Other nations around the world; Kuwait, Laos, Vietnam, China, Korea, the Balkins, entire areas of Europe and Asia can fall to conquest but not America. America is a special place, a land of wonder, unreachable to those who are opposed to her. A land where we don't need a professional military to act as a deterant aganist those who would attack us because our good feelings and love to all will cause pope to lay down thier guns and hold hands with us...



Finally as for 9/11.... While most of that is true you also must admit that America and teh West itself will ALWAYS be a target for attack because our very culture itself is in teh eyes of Islam evil. Our very laws that define our country are opposed to Shia laws because of separtaion of chruch and state. Realize this, we are talking about a group that while not officially condoning it also doesn't punish people who throw acid in the faces of their own women because of petty insults or for showing thier face in public. Those people will NEVER peacefully accept America or the West. Even if we left them completely alone they would still never accept America and would attack us.
__________________
"If you prepare for the zombie apocalypse, you'll be prepared for all hazards," CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told Reuters over the phone on Thursday.
Lazarusrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 PM #114
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Well said
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM #115
firststrike01
Peace is the way
 
firststrike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
It's funny that you act like we're the bad guys, like we made the choice to be in other parts of the world.
Good guys don't invade their neighbors and drop bombs on their families homes and terrorize the people living there...You had a choice whether or not to join a criminal organization like the US military. And you portray yourself out to be heros even tho you've never done anything that the majority of the public should be thankful for.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM #116
firststrike01
Peace is the way
 
firststrike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious View Post
Serving no real purpose? Take those coke snorting ****s that are on welfare and put them in the shoes of soldiers/airmen/marines/sailors and see how effective they are when more terrorist ****s put a plane into a building.

Peace, love and dope doesn't work. There will always be someone who hates someone else because of their beliefs, way of life, the way they look/dress/act, etc. It's the way life is.
What are you trying to say?..Do you mean those people would do just as good a job at stopping something like 9/11 as you did?..Or are you saying theres deffinetly going to be another terrorist attack because you cant do anything to prevent it?...Or are you saying none of those people can invade and terrorize another country as good as you can?

The best way to prevent terrorism is to not give people a reason to want to do it. Like not supporting the dictators that rule over them. And not invading their countries and dropping bombs on their towns.

Ya there are people here in america who probly hate you for those reasons too. Your point is?
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM #117
firststrike01
Peace is the way
 
firststrike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
Your ****ing stupid right, no like your a moronic *** clown.

December 7, 1941 ... Ring any bells Japan attacked us. They came from JAPAN to purposely kill Americans and invade our shores. They also attacked Midway Island and once again KILLED Americans then enslaved them. No you moronic **** the only bigot is you, the simple fact your allowed to breath is a damned shame ... People like you are the cancer that continues to moleste this once great nation to nothing more than a sex child in a Michael Jackson case. You understand nothing more than the crap your worthless fish bowl world holds. I pray and really hope something evil happens to you one day.
Thats really christian of you to pray for harm on me like that. You're sounding more and more like those terrorists you keep claiming to be protecting me from

And good job on remembering a date you were taught in grade school. *Gold star for you*
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 PM #118
firststrike01
Peace is the way
 
firststrike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSUxlaxflip View Post
Ah I see... a "welfare" job.... Right because when the attack does come we wanna have absolutely no Army so as to provide for a great defensive posture... Not to mention all the non-war related jobs we do. Such as intelligence (indications and early warning to attempt to prevent or head off an attack), humanitarian aide missions (Haiti), Peace Keeping missions to protect the freedoms and right of fellow human beings on this planet so they in turn will want to help us should we ever be in a time of need (Kosovo, Europe, Korea, etc.) As for Iron workers, gas-station attendants and the other dangerous jobs in this world, your point is slightly moot. Often those jobs all come with the enough incentives to create a desire in certain people to accept the risk of that job.

Structural Iron Worker $38,735 (average starting salary)
Gas Station Attendant $19,952 (average starting salary)
Enlisted Soldier $20,055 (E-2 average starting rank)

The difference is that admittedly most soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen accept the risk and sign up for this job there is no quitting. There is no disagreeing with the boss. When the country orders me to go into a war zone it doesn't matter if I personally agree with it or not. This is why people show so much support to soldiers and ultimately in my opinion what you are failing to understand and thus leaves you unable to understand why people thank us for what we do. Often there is also the factor of the families of the soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen. Sure Iron working, and gas station attending is dangerous, but at the end of the day the Iron worker and the Gas Station attendant both get to go home and see their wife and kids every day where as at times service members are unable to even get that small luxury.

But you know you seem to know so much about Military Policy, Foreign Policy, Global scale Socio-Political themes, and the Military Ethos of service members. You should run for public office. It would seem you would make a far far far better president than any single one we have had so far . However, you have to work on your spelling...

“In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace. The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected.”

-Sun Tzu
America is fortunate to be situated in a position where all the the people who would or ever could do it harm can't, because they are on the other side of the globe. That and no nation in the world today has the capital or power to do so sucsessfully. So they wouldnt get anything out of it. Most of the countries in the world would probly do much better for themselves trading with the worlds biggest economy then going to war with it.

It takes about $110,000 to train an ordinary soldier. How much intelligence do you really think your ganna get from someone whos job it is to wash dishes or cook or any other of those non intelligence gathering jobs that make up most of the military?! I think you'd get a lot more bang for your buck simply offering that as a reward to someone in some 3rd world country for any terrorism knowledge they might have...and last I checked theres more than 500,000 people still living in make shift tents in haiti after 2 years. So maybe thats not the best example of the militarys humanitarian aid infrastructure. Besides Im sure there are more than enough non-profit non-military organizations who can do just a good a job with money thats voluntarily given to them....Last, if your trying to portray the US military as the worlds peace keeper, then theres at least a few civil wars in Africa where innocent people are being slaughtered everyday that says otherwise...probly because theres no profit to be made there?!

And dude you signed up to for the military knowing all the risks@@ Obviously the military has enough incentives to lead people like you to it.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 PM #119
firststrike01
Peace is the way
 
firststrike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadeyeDante View Post
Barrel Roll, a round of applause for you good sir.

You know what they say

"War never solved anything, except slavery, oppression, genocide, facism and nazism.."
I could easily argue that war is the reason for all of those! @@
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 PM #120
firststrike01
Peace is the way
 
firststrike01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
Yeah because the Everyone knows Japan would have stopped after taking over Korea... Errr I mean they would have stopped after taking over Manchuria.... Errr I mean they would have stopped after taking over China... Errr I mean they would have stopped after taking over Indio-China, and Burma, and Guam, and the Phillipines....

And Germany; Everyone knows that they would have stopped after taking teh Rhineland, Austria, Poland, the netherlands, France, Britian (oops they couldn't pull that one off), Russia....

Not to mention we all know the Russians just wanted to live in peace and isolationism... The last thing Russian wanted was to create satelite communist nations by either "liberating" countries and the establishing oppressive Communist military states OR supporting communist revolutions with in countries. And the people in those countries simply LOVED their new communist governments that were forced upon them. Its not like their leader beat his shoe on the Russian deligation table at the UN screaming "we will burry you!!".

None of that was threat to America, because people bent on conquest are never a threat to America. Other nations around the world; Kuwait, Laos, Vietnam, China, Korea, the Balkins, entire areas of Europe and Asia can fall to conquest but not America. America is a special place, a land of wonder, unreachable to those who are opposed to her. A land where we don't need a professional military to act as a deterant aganist those who would attack us because our good feelings and love to all will cause pope to lay down thier guns and hold hands with us...



Finally as for 9/11.... While most of that is true you also must admit that America and teh West itself will ALWAYS be a target for attack because our very culture itself is in teh eyes of Islam evil. Our very laws that define our country are opposed to Shia laws because of separtaion of chruch and state. Realize this, we are talking about a group that while not officially condoning it also doesn't punish people who throw acid in the faces of their own women because of petty insults or for showing thier face in public. Those people will NEVER peacefully accept America or the West. Even if we left them completely alone they would still never accept America and would attack us.
"During WW1 Japan was Americas ally and when they went to collect on what they were promised at versllies, president willson rejected Japans claim to German concessions in Shantung, which Japan had captured at the price of blood. So they threated to walk out if not given what Britain promised so Wilson gave in.

In 1921, at the Washington Naval Conference, the United States pressured the British to end their 20-year alliance with Japan. Japan was now isolated, with Stalin's threatening empire to the north, a rising China to the east and, to the south, Western imperial powers that detested and distrusted her.

When civil war broke out in China, Japan in 1931 occupied Manchuria as a buffer state. This was the way the Europeans had collected their empires. Yet, the West was shocked that Japan would embark upon a course of "aggression." Said one Japanese diplomat, "Just when we learn how to play poker, they change the game to bridge."

Japan now decided to create in China what the British had in India – a vast colony to exploit that would place her among the world powers. In 1937, after a clash at Marco Polo Bridge near Peking, Japan invaded and, after four years of fighting, including the horrific Rape of Nanking, Japan controlled the coastal cities, but not the interior.

When France capitulated in June 1940, Japan moved into northern French Indochina. And though the United States had no interest there, we imposed an embargo on steel and scrap metal. After Hitler invaded Russia in June 1941, Japan moved into southern Indochina. FDR ordered all Japanese assets frozen.

But FDR did not want to cut off oil. As he told his Cabinet on July 18, an embargo meant war, for that would force oil-starved Japan to seize the oil fields of the Dutch East Indies. But a State Department lawyer named Dean Acheson drew up the sanctions in such a way as to block any Japanese purchases of U.S. oil. By the time FDR found out, in September, he could not back down.

Tokyo was now split between a War Party and a Peace Party, with the latter in power. Prime Minister Konoye called in Ambassador Joseph Grew and secretly offered to meet FDR in Juneau or anywhere in the Pacific. According to Grew, Konoye was willing to give up Indochina and China, except a buffer region in the north to protect her from Stalin, in return for the U.S. brokering a peace with China and opening up the oil pipeline. Konoye told Grew that Emperor Hirohito knew of his initiative and was ready to give the order for Japan's retreat.

Fearful of a "second Munich," America spurned the offer. Konoye fell from power and was replaced by Hideki Tojo. Still, war was not inevitable. U.S. diplomats prepared to offer Japan a "modus vivendi." If Japan withdrew from southern Indochina, the United States would partially lift the oil embargo. But Chiang Kai-shek became "hysterical," and his American adviser, one Owen Lattimore, intervened to abort the proposal.

Facing a choice between death of the empire or fighting for its life, Japan decided to seize the oil fields of the Indies. And the only force capable of interfering was the U.S. fleet that FDR had conveniently moved from San Diego out to Honolulu.

And so Japan attacked. And so it was crushed and forced out of Vietnam, out of China, out of Manchuria. And so they fell to Stalin, Mao and Ho Chi Minh. And so it was that Americans, not Japanese, would die fighting Koreans, Chinese and Vietnamese to try to block the aggressions of a communism."

Im sure I could argue that WW2 would of never even happened if america had not of joined in WW1. Weren't Germany and France at a stalemate at that point anyway?! Im sure that would of eventually resolved itself. I mean who else besides america wants never ending wars?!

Nothing in the history of the world points to the idea that any single nation could ever rule the entire thing. And I dont have the the time to look them up but there were several high ranking Japanes and German officials both quoted saying something along the lines as, launching a full scale invasion of america was unachievable. This really should be common sense tho. Do they teach critical thinking in the military?! Systems like facism and the russian style of communism are set up to fail. They're unsustainable.

And again the US military doesn't care about protecting innocent women in those countries from getting acid thrown on them. If you really care so much about protecting people, then maybe you should gather up a bunch of people who think like you and go over there and try and stop them.
Either way I rather discuss the modern world. Where the US deffinetly doesn't need to be spending anywhere near the hundreds of billions of dollars it is now on military expenditures.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM #121
berserker19
 
 
berserker19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rampart Range
berserker19 is an NCPA player
It's funny how you try and act all scholarly, but keep using "could of" in your writing...

Last edited by berserker19 : 02-29-2012 at 08:43 PM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 PM #122
Animal_Mother (Banned)
Kill 'em All
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Danger Close
Why don't you just make a thread called "Shun our Service Members" instead of cluttering up this one?
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 PM #123
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk
 
xFSUxlaxflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Springs
xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
It's funny how you try and act all scholarly, but keep using "could of" in your writing...
not to mention the fact that he is unable to argue any point besides the boiled down essence of "war is bad"... he has not provide anything to the argument that would display why exactly the military is useless (i.e. provide a method for defense of the nation without the military, display specific reason why America is unable to be attacked directly, etc) his gripe isn't really with servicemen and women its with war and the policies of the country. He is arguing against people who can do nothing about it. Which is his legal and natural right to do so. The only reall point of contention I have with him is he fails to adequately separate the individuals within the group he is unhappy with. In essence he should also have a gripe with the entire populace since they vote in the elected officials who choose the policies, laws, and decide on wars etc.


In an analogous sense he is angry at the car for causing the accident when instead he should be focusing on the driver.
__________________
ST: OGPT- The doctor is in.
xFSUxlaxflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:20 PM #124
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries
 
UNDRPRVLGD_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: World Wide
Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Yea just like guns kil people as much as the pencil spells death on its own.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 PM #125
Lazarusrat
 
 
Lazarusrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
"During WW1 Japan was Americas ally and when they went to collect on what they were promised at versllies, president willson rejected Japans claim to German concessions in Shantung, which Japan had captured at the price of blood. So they threated to walk out if not given what Britain promised so Wilson gave in.

In 1921, at the Washington Naval Conference, the United States pressured the British to end their 20-year alliance with Japan. Japan was now isolated, with Stalin's threatening empire to the north, a rising China to the east and, to the south, Western imperial powers that detested and distrusted her.

When civil war broke out in China, Japan in 1931 occupied Manchuria as a buffer state. This was the way the Europeans had collected their empires. Yet, the West was shocked that Japan would embark upon a course of "aggression." Said one Japanese diplomat, "Just when we learn how to play poker, they change the game to bridge."

Japan now decided to create in China what the British had in India – a vast colony to exploit that would place her among the world powers. In 1937, after a clash at Marco Polo Bridge near Peking, Japan invaded and, after four years of fighting, including the horrific Rape of Nanking, Japan controlled the coastal cities, but not the interior.

When France capitulated in June 1940, Japan moved into northern French Indochina. And though the United States had no interest there, we imposed an embargo on steel and scrap metal. After Hitler invaded Russia in June 1941, Japan moved into southern Indochina. FDR ordered all Japanese assets frozen.

But FDR did not want to cut off oil. As he told his Cabinet on July 18, an embargo meant war, for that would force oil-starved Japan to seize the oil fields of the Dutch East Indies. But a State Department lawyer named Dean Acheson drew up the sanctions in such a way as to block any Japanese purchases of U.S. oil. By the time FDR found out, in September, he could not back down.

Tokyo was now split between a War Party and a Peace Party, with the latter in power. Prime Minister Konoye called in Ambassador Joseph Grew and secretly offered to meet FDR in Juneau or anywhere in the Pacific. According to Grew, Konoye was willing to give up Indochina and China, except a buffer region in the north to protect her from Stalin, in return for the U.S. brokering a peace with China and opening up the oil pipeline. Konoye told Grew that Emperor Hirohito knew of his initiative and was ready to give the order for Japan's retreat.

Fearful of a "second Munich," America spurned the offer. Konoye fell from power and was replaced by Hideki Tojo. Still, war was not inevitable. U.S. diplomats prepared to offer Japan a "modus vivendi." If Japan withdrew from southern Indochina, the United States would partially lift the oil embargo. But Chiang Kai-shek became "hysterical," and his American adviser, one Owen Lattimore, intervened to abort the proposal.

Facing a choice between death of the empire or fighting for its life, Japan decided to seize the oil fields of the Indies. And the only force capable of interfering was the U.S. fleet that FDR had conveniently moved from San Diego out to Honolulu.

And so Japan attacked. And so it was crushed and forced out of Vietnam, out of China, out of Manchuria. And so they fell to Stalin, Mao and Ho Chi Minh. And so it was that Americans, not Japanese, would die fighting Koreans, Chinese and Vietnamese to try to block the aggressions of a communism."

Im sure I could argue that WW2 would of never even happened if america had not of joined in WW1. Weren't Germany and France at a stalemate at that point anyway?! Im sure that would of eventually resolved itself. I mean who else besides america wants never ending wars?!

Nothing in the history of the world points to the idea that any single nation could ever rule the entire thing. And I dont have the the time to look them up but there were several high ranking Japanes and German officials both quoted saying something along the lines as, launching a full scale invasion of america was unachievable. This really should be common sense tho. Do they teach critical thinking in the military?! Systems like facism and the russian style of communism are set up to fail. They're unsustainable.

And again the US military doesn't care about protecting innocent women in those countries from getting acid thrown on them. If you really care so much about protecting people, then maybe you should gather up a bunch of people who think like you and go over there and try and stop them.
Either way I rather discuss the modern world. Where the US deffinetly doesn't need to be spending anywhere near the hundreds of billions of dollars it is now on military expenditures.
So on the Shandoug problem, funny how you don't mention that China was also an Ally to the US, France, and Britain and requested that the Shandoug province (which is a part of the Chinese mainland) be returned to China, but instead it was given to Japan until 1922 when it was returned to China. Now call me crazy but IF I had to choose who should get a chunk of land and my choices were 1. The country from which that land is attached to OR 2. An island nation separated from that land by 2 seas and a second country (Of cpurse you can agrue that since Japan had forced Korea to be its ***** in 1910 it wasn't separated from Shandoug by another country but I think the Koreans would still disagree) I think choice #1 sounds more reasonable.

Where's the mention of Japan strong arming Korea in 1910? You know where Japan forced Korea to accept Japanese rule or else?

Manchuria, lets talk about that... So what happend when Japan created their "Buffer State"? Oh yeah they implimented their famous "3 Alls" policy. For those of you who don't know what that is its: "Kill All", "Burn All" and "Seize All". But don't worry if you missed hearing about in Manchuria in 1931 you get to see it again in China 1937 where Japan kills 250,000 - 300,000 noncombatants in Nanking alone. But hey why should the US care? We should have just left Japan alone, they weren't hurting anyone but the Chinese, the Manchurians, and the Koreans.

Of course revisonist history likes to make it seem like the US forced a peacefull Japan in to attacking but that peacefull country Japan had a long history of invassion and brutal repression of conqured lands as it strove to crave out an Empire of its own. Seriously its like saying Native Americans 'Forced' a peacefull US government in to attacking them because the Native Americans were attacking gold prospectors who were illegally trespassing on their land in the Black Hills.

As for the post WWII. Really??? You really want to attempt to justify the Greaater East Asia Co-Prosperity sphere on the grounds that it would have kept the communist at bay? No offense but if I had to choose between being taken over by communism or a country whose own documents explicitly states the superiority of the Japanese over other Asian races and suggests that the Sphere was merely propaganda intended to mask Japan's true intention of domination over Asia I'm going with the commies as being the lesser evil there.

Finally, the US doesn't care? Lets get one thing clear before I get to carried away; the US always has, and always will look out for its own best interest just like every other country. But what makes America unique is that when we go in to a country our official policy is to establish and protect law and order. So as a matter of fact we DO care those women, and we DO try and protect them, and we DO actually try and bring them some justice. I don't need to "gather up a bunch of people who think like me and go over there and try and stop them". I've already got them, they are my fellow Brothers and Sisters who choose to serve with me.
__________________
"If you prepare for the zombie apocalypse, you'll be prepared for all hazards," CDC spokesman Dave Daigle told Reuters over the phone on Thursday.

Last edited by Lazarusrat : 02-29-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Lazarusrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 PM #126
GM2viking
Copaani mirshmure'cye vod
 
GM2viking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Guam
Annual Supporting Member
GM2viking is BST Trusted
GM2viking supports Cereal Killerz 2
GM2viking is playing at Living Legends V
GM2viking owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GM2viking has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GM2viking has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusrat View Post
I don't need to "gather up a bunch of people who think like me and go over there and try and stop them". I've already got them, they are my fellow Brothers and Sisters who choose to serve with me.
Hell yeah bro
__________________
Blue/Green '11 Alien Indy Black/Blue '06 Alien Remains
Black/Silver Hostile Creations Rogue
Green '04 AKA Viking
Black/Blue Bob Long G6R
"Lava" Etek 3 LT
GM2viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump