PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 AM #1
KinG-MeMz

Paintball Gun Help

Hey guys,

Im new to paintball and I want a top notch gun. I really dont want to spend over $700-$800 dollars though. Im thinking of these guns to buy, but im unexperienced and I dont know which one is the best! Please, paintball veterans help me out

Ego 07
Ego 08
dm8
Bob Long Closer
MacDev Droid

List some if you know better ones..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 AM #2
KinG-MeMz

Anyone gonna help me?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 AM #3
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
If your new to Paintball, don't go out and waste all that money on one of those markers. You can play just as good with a cheaper marker. Try a PMR($274) or a Proto SLG($199). They will give you the same amount or close to the same amount of performance as the extremely over priced High ends. Then when you have been in the sport for awhile, if you feel it necessary you can move on to those markers. Remember, the marker doesn't make the player.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by steve_81 : 09-08-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 AM #4
Fatal Shock
Ian 'Fitty' Fitzgerald

Annual Supporting Member
yeah, don't get a HIGH end marker right out of the gate.

You could look at a PMR for sure, very upgradable and you can build them to be beasts. And if you are looking to buy used, take a look at shockers, they are very nice for how low their prices are ($250 for an SFT with upgrades). But if you are looking for a new gun, take a look at: PMR, ION XE, epiphany, or even an SLG with a few upgrades (IMO an SLG with a new trigger, feedneck, barrel, ASA, and maybe a tadao can match most highend markers in terms of performance. I have one and LOVE IT) And if you really want a higher end gun without high end prices, you can take a look at a DM5, PM6, or maybe a PM7.

Blastin' fools since '04
Closed Thread