SpeedBallDEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SpeedBallDEVIL supports Bob Gurnsey
SpeedBallDEVIL supports our troops
SpeedBallDEVIL is reppin' sidebar 4 life
SpeedBallDEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPaintbller1834 View Post
how was the weather on sunday? cause saturday this event sucked. pretty badly
on sunday the weather was amazing, you wouldnt have even known there was a hurricane the other day. saturday was not worth 100+ worth of my money..
SpeedBallDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2008, 03:58 PM #23
LIL SOLS 17

4 ppl was a blast =)

ps dels was 100times better. so much fun.

fruit cup niggey
FEEDBACK
LIL SOLS 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM #24
SpeedBallDEVIL
Certified KEE Technician!

SpeedBallDEVIL donated to help Peyton Trent
alright where exactly is dels?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:02 PM #25
Big Johnny D (Banned)
<3 Tits <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBallDEVIL View Post
alright where exactly is dels?
It's not open anymore, but from what I understand it was less then a half hour from ECX.
Big Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM #26
SpeedBallDEVIL

oh =/ so i guess it was better then GPL but now its closed so its just GPL now.

gotcha....
Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 PM #27
Big Johnny D (Banned)
<3 Tits <3

Quote:
oh =/ so i guess it was better then GPL but now its closed so its just GPL now.

gotcha....
I personaly like ECX better, but the general concenus likes DELs better. The fields are much nicer.
Big Johnny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:10 PM #28
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Johnny D View Post
I personaly like ECX better, but the general concenus likes DELs better. The fields are much nicer.
Personally I've liked ECX 100x better than Dels and all of the people that I know personally have pretty much felt the same.

Quote:
i thought saturdays games were pretty well run for the conditions of the weather. there was however, one 30 min break because of rain when almost half the time there was hardly any rain or none. And then when the rain delay ended... it rained twice as hard lol. othere than that i thought it was good for the conditions, although i didnt stay for finals..
Yeah that sucked but there were 2 things affecting that to my knowledge (unofficial duh). 1) There's a certain amount of time they need to wait after a lightning/thunder strike before we can take the field again and 2) it LOOKED like there was a big open spot for about an hour's worth of clear on the radar as we were waiting it out. It was kind of clear, but not an hour's worth haha. So we took the field again and THEN the 40 min break with the downpour. Eh not much you can do. sucks that all my **** worked great till the LAST game of the day where the hopper fried out!
Gailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM #29
KMAYER1221
rip dan donlon

KMAYER1221 is a Paintball photographer
KMAYER1221 plays in the USPL
KMAYER1221 plays in the PSP
KMAYER1221 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyboyLD View Post
Reffing - Outstanding.
Sunday's 3/5 man reffing was horrendous.
KMAYER1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:16 PM #30
Allstar850
amelny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchman View Post
ECX is wack Del's was the ****.

RIP
qft. 20 minutes away>1hr away.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM #31
SeanyboyLD
Ginger

SeanyboyLD plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMAYER1221 View Post
Well for 7 man it was great. I dont know about the other refs.
SeanyboyLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:27 PM #32
red20176.
They call me Big Pimpin

red20176. plays in the USPL
red20176. helped look for balloons
red20176. is playing at Living Legends III
red20176. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMAYER1221 View Post
yes it was.... it was really bad
red20176. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:54 PM #33
SpeedBallDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailon View Post
Yeah that sucked but there were 2 things affecting that to my knowledge (unofficial duh). 1) There's a certain amount of time they need to wait after a lightning/thunder strike before we can take the field again and 2) it LOOKED like there was a big open spot for about an hour's worth of clear on the radar as we were waiting it out. It was kind of clear, but not an hour's worth haha. So we took the field again and THEN the 40 min break with the downpour. Eh not much you can do. sucks that all my **** worked great till the LAST game of the day where the hopper fried out!
to my memory (which isnt the best) My team was on deck and we were ready to play and then we asked the ref what was up and why we werent called and he said they were delaying it untill the weather got better, their prediction was about 30 min or so.

so we were kinda pissed cause we were about to play so then we finally get to play again and somehow a game gets in before us so we wait it out. the chrono ref says get on the field!! like yells it so we walk on, and hear boooooom. turn around and walk back off with no questions asked lol. so then we waited more for the lighting which is only like 15-20 without any signs of it coming back...

thats what i remember lol
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM #34
breakout17 (Banned)

I have a few things to say about this GPL especially.

Uh, I played 5 man just on sunday and everything was cruising till the playoffs. We went 7-1 and then made the wild card to make the finals. Then due to a huge mishearing/misunderstanding, Rick kicked out one of our players for saying "get outta here" to one of our players for being excited we made the wild card. So we played finals with 4 players and won 2 games against ether and navy then got shafted the third game and if you were there you knew what happened and i dont wanna get into it.

Then after started playing really good in teh finals Rick, who left our player at the front gate to wait till GPL was over, went and picked him up and brought him back simply saying ohh your team is doing very well you should go watch. How the **** do you have the nerve to do that. I know that its your property but dont be a dick and kick people out for **** you think you hear over 75 feet away. Then dont ahve the nerve to curse out the players at your field when we simply tried to talk. thats all.

Last edited by Madpooh : 09-08-2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: inappropriate comments
breakout17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 PM #35
rrush89

rrush89 is an NCPA player
rrush89 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakout17 View Post
So we played finals with 4 players and won 2 games against ether and navy then got shafted the third game and if you were there you knew what happened and i dont wanna get into it.
You weren't shafted. A ref watched you take heat going for the flag and saw a paintball break on your shoulder while you were still 4 or 5 steps from the flag. It wasn't even close.
rrush89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:29 PM #36
breakout17 (Banned)

funny caseu he said he got hit in the right shoulder and there was no hit on his right shoulder..and the ref from the back right corner made the call idk how thats a justified call so learn what happened before you say it wasnt close..do you play for hailstorm?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 PM #37
Cookieman
Matty OH!!!!!

Cookieman plays in the PSP
Cookieman supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cookieman plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
have a few things to say about this GPL especially.

Uh, I played 5 man just on sunday and everything was cruising till the playoffs. We went 7-1 and then made the wild card to make the finals. Then due to a huge mishearing/misunderstanding, Rick kicked out one of our players for saying "get outta here" to one of our players for being excited we made the wild card. So we played finals with 4 players and won 2 games against ether and navy then got shafted the third game and if you were there you knew what happened and i dont wanna get into it.

Then after started playing really good in teh finals Rick, who left our player at the front gate to wait till GPL was over, went and picked him up and brought him back simply saying ohh your team is doing very well you should go watch. How the **** do you have the nerve to do that. I know that its your property but dont be a dick and kick people out for **** you think you hear over 75 feet away. Then dont ahve the nerve to curse out the players at your field when we simply tried to talk. thats all.
wow.... all i gotta say about glad we went to buffalo wild wings instead of staying. i know rick was right behind me when i said wow that kid just got shot in the effin head. i turn around and he just gives me this nasty *** look. but hey man i know your mad but its not right ot call out people on things they may or may not do in the bedroom.

Last edited by Madpooh : 09-08-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Cookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:47 PM #38
breakout17 (Banned)

nah if you knew her and how much she hates all of us and ho wmuch she loves rick youd understand. something always happens to us every event and it gets to a point where he just comes around our tent all day and just gives us looks and **** and we finally make it and he did that. it gets to a point where it gets outta hand and it did. he couldnt even talk to us like a man.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM #39
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I have a few things to say about this GPL especially.

Well it amazing Kyle how the story changes. First off in our attempt to grow the sport along with every other league that cares about the sport we have implimented the no cursing rule several years ago. But I am sure you are one of those people who know all the rules, but never bothered to look at them. Then all the captains were told this as well at the captains meeting because we had some huge, non-paintball, outside sponsor looking to invest in the sport for the teams, but I am sure you probably were not paying attention at the meeting either. Then when you player was asked to watch his mouth, said ok, then did it again, I guess 3 warnings was not enough.

Then myself, Cyndi, Eric Holland and Rick Guyer even spoke to you team and told you how to handle the situation that would have settled the issue and would have gotten you player to come back and play. BUT, once again your teams did not listen at all. I personally witness 2 players go back up to Rick and get in his face. We told you what to do, but I guess you were either too stuburn or just plain stupid to listen.

Your player was asked to leave after 3 warnings. Not sure what you meant by huge mis-hearing or understanding since the player when I personally went with Rick out to talk to the player and the player apoligized many, many times and admitted he did it and he was wrong. Also after the player apoligized to Rick, he was told that it goes no farther, he can not play the rest of the day, but the issue is over and forgotten. Then Rick told him the team was doing good and beat Ether with 4 as he brought the player back to the field to watch the games.

Best of sucess to you and your team elsewhere.

Brian L. Barno
GPL Promoter

Last edited by Madpooh : 09-08-2008 at 11:57 PM.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM #40
Rich.

saturday was around 80 degrees and sunny. ground was barely wet in the morning. was a great day .
Rich. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 PM #41
speedball7

speedball7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i think u just got kicked outta GPL.
not sure tho.
Old Trust
New Trust
speedball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:06 PM #42
Junky1223
Ya dig

It does look like that but im not jumping to conclusions but if its true i think that is a tad harsh. I mean im sure the sponsor would not not sponsor gpl just because some one cursed. People curse oh well. Last year you may say that there was no cursing but i never ever seen a ref throw someone out for just a curse. And its not like every single game people were cursing people off. Go to the nppl and listen to ollie langs speach. And nppl is the biggest league and is the league that brought paintball to tv. And i mean come one especially in the finals thats just ****ed up. Not saying it was guarnteed but if they almost won with 4 players im pretty sure Bad Blood would be at there house right now looking at new dm8s if they had 5.