Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2015, 08:39 AM #1
1 vs 1

I've had situations where it's 1vs1 but what gets me are the guys that come at you aggressive. Rushes at me and loads up my bunker with paint while rushing and then bunkers me. How do you handle that type of situation?

Really trying to improve please help guys
daffy280846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 11-09-2015, 03:25 PM #2
BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 plays in the APPA D2 division
BIG T25 supports Shocker RSX
that's a tough situation and ideally you don't want it to come to that. ideally YOU want to be the one shooting all the paint and keeping him
tucked in. but if it does happen then just relax and look where the paint is hitting your bunker. if the paint is hitting the left side of your bunker then come out the right side (or over the top) and vice versa. you might just pop while he's in the open running at you then you can lace him up.
DZ Allstars

Old Style Feedback
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:11 PM #3
Yea I try to avoid it but when it happens I get screwed lol. Thanks for the advice!!
daffy280846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 AM #4
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Don't be intimidated by the sound of paint hitting your bunker. Keep in mind that if paint is actually hitting your bunker, it cant hit you. Use those opportunities for a quick head check to locate your opponent and potentially spook them from advancing any further. Paint flying by the edge of your bunker is what is actually a danger to you.

If you are pinned into your bunker by fire, at some point you have to force your opponent to make a shot.

If the person is coming at you while shooting like your outlined scenario implies, all you have to do is be able to snap out of your bunker and put paint on an exposed target. Your opponent is going to have to land a shot on a much smaller target, while moving. You should at least be able to trade out with the opponent even if they land their shot but the advantage should go to you.

Being accurate with your snap shot and being able to discern where the incoming fire is coming from is going to help with this. Drill your snap shot to become accurate and pay attention to incoming fire during games - the ability to pinpoint where incoming fire is coming from and from what range will come with experience.
Charlotte Bloodhounds
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote