Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2008, 03:30 PM #43
gspin2k1

Yeah but skateboarding has a huge following..so yeah paintball will be the same..ppl will be in and out and then drop.

MMA on the other hand (mixed martial arts aka Ultimate Fighting) has become HUGE recently..and because of such..it's going to drop real fast too...it's sad because I love the sport and am afraid of the day when it happens...but oh well..

~G
gspin2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 PM #44
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
PeaTear_Griffin supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspin2k1 View Post
Yeah but skateboarding has a huge following..so yeah paintball will be the same..ppl will be in and out and then drop.

MMA on the other hand (mixed martial arts aka Ultimate Fighting) has become HUGE recently..and because of such..it's going to drop real fast too...it's sad because I love the sport and am afraid of the day when it happens...but oh well..

~G
Yah it took skateboard about 40 years to get the following it has now.

I could never understand the violence arguement on paintball... We've got MMA guys beating the crap out of each other in a bloody ring on tv. I love watching MMA but still its ironic.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM #45
Lanesmith2.0
Live your life.

Well I didn't read most of this thread, but here is my opinion...

Ok so I quit paintball for about two years, but the only reason I quit was because all my friends quit which was stupid on my part. I still liked paintball after I sold my gear, and I regret almost everyday selling my stuff. When all my friends quit it caused a lot of people in our region to quit also. Me and my buddies had a pretty cool little team going... we one a good bit of tournys and one week we ended up on the front page in color on the local newspaper, sadly after that everything started to go downhill. The whole team began to get in fights over stupid stuff, like fighting over positions, people started to get attitudes thinking they were betting than the guy next to them. Most of my team was in it for the wrong reason. I on the other hand was in it for FUN. I love paintball. Well, later that year we went to world cup...... we got PWNED. 23rd out of 25 teams >.< After that just about the whole team quit, which was absolutely retarded. I quit basically because there was no one to play with anymore. The point is that people really do need to chill out because its a game. Have fun. I mean sure there is nothing wrong with wanting to win, doing drills, and practicing. However, once you change your motives and you dont play for fun anymore, bad things happen...

Second thing, on a lighter note, is that since I quit and now that I am coming back into paintball, I have noticed some significant price drops in gear! Which is awesome! However paint is still expensive, but I don't really think that will ever change. Tanks have dropped in price significantly. I don't know if anyone remembers but I remember when the war in Iraq first started and people were saying that if u don't have a tank now then u better get one fast because Boeing and the military were buying up all the carbon fiber and fiberglass.... LOL

Well there ya go, everyone just chill, have fun, and the more people who join the lower the prices of things will go!
Lanesmith2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 PM #46
empire94

empire94 plays in the PSP
empire94 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
empire94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire94 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS21 View Post
its.dying.in.some.places
growing.in.others.

where.i.live..i.think.its.growing
spacebar=broken
just shut off ur computer and turn it back on i ****ed somthing up about a month ago. lol i hated it i was so bs at my comp.

empire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM #47
DYEhardPballer_16
R.I.P cousins indoor

DYEhardPballer_16 supports Team VICIOUS
I think its definatly dying in my area. It sucks a lot. Paintball used to be like crazy on LI. Then when one of the big fields shut down over here a lot of people stopped playing as much as they did if none at all. I myself used to play once a week, and now i havent played in months. Its really sad, but im waiting to go to college before i get back into it. But the sport is definatly not as big as it was the past 2-4 years.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 PM #48
Bigfatstanman

the better question is who's killing it
Bigfatstanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 PM #49
spballer5
calling all pigmen!

One of my favorite things about it is that no matter what kind of paintball tshirt you're wearing at school, nobody is gonna put a label on you other than a paintballer. Dye, Smart Parts, Hater, anything, they're all putting out the same message that we love to play. Nobody dislikes you because of the company you're wearing, they like you because they like what you like!
spballer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 PM #50
poomanchew
coming in hot

poomanchew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poomanchew posts videos on PbNation
actually i am writing an article or apg about how little kids that get there stuff bought for them by mom and dad then down sell the shops and companies by selling it for an absolutly nothing price on pbn are killing there own sport. for instance i bought a 08 closer for 1250 brand new from bob himself then the best i could get for it is 700 come on! the kids that do that crap are the ones killing the sport! i think that paintball is slowly falling off!
AC:417
G.I. Kick'n Planet Eclipse Yip!
AC:402.com

Last edited by poomanchew : 09-04-2008 at 11:38 PM.
poomanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 AM #51
bryceeden

has been a member for 10 years
Is it dying? Absolutly yes, however I do think its saveable it'll just take some hard core resussitation. The question is how bad does it have to get before people who have the power to help fix things actually do.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:32 AM #52
WorrGamR2k1
Earns Money Sleeping

WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorrGamR2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes.
WorrGamR2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:10 AM #53
Choppa'
Bang bang, i shot u down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatstanman View Post
Yep. That is the question
+1
Texas Storm fan #9
*PM6*

Check out my myspace

My Feedback
Choppa' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM #54
bryceeden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfatstanman View Post
Mostly the players. This whole "agg" thing. If a new kid comes to play he is usually treated like crap, lit up, the one person he hits all day wipes it and then lights him up, mocked for being new, etc. Then he doesn't come back. The industry killing B&M stores doesn't help, but ultimatly its players who are killing the growth the sport needs to keep going.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:39 AM #55
etekballer24
My guns better than ur gu

I dont think thats its dying, but it isnt as popular as it was in the 80s
I shoot eteks and stuff
I own ppl
etekballer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 AM #56
Choppa'
Bang bang, i shot u down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceeden View Post
Mostly the players. This whole "agg" thing. If a new kid comes to play he is usually treated like crap, lit up, the one person he hits all day wipes it and then lights him up, mocked for being new, etc. Then he doesn't come back. The industry killing B&M stores doesn't help, but ultimatly its players who are killing the growth the sport needs to keep going.
Bingo. Its hard enough to get the money to come into this sport, let alone trying to come in and getting treated like crap. Even my old team use to do this and I never understood why. Rec players with rentals would walk on and no one would want to split the teams up fairly. You usually get the "but we have to practice as a team" or "you only get better by playing better people" bs. If we want to help the sport, we have to stop acting like spoiled rich kids. (not everyone does). I miss the days where it didnt matter what gun you shot. As long as you were having fun then you were welcomed to play. Now, if you gun is a year old, you're not "agg" enough to play. (once again, this does not apply to everyone)
Texas Storm fan #9
*PM6*

Check out my myspace

My Feedback
Choppa' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 AM #57
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The change needs to come from the players and hopefully the Industry will follow. They need to acknowledge that Paintball is on a decline; and come together to fix it.

The sport got to what it is today, because none of the old guard stood up and took action to correct it.

Last edited by steve_81 : 09-05-2008 at 11:25 AM.
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM #58
FamousforNow
Love

Im going to have to say its the economy that isnt doing so hot. The rel estate market is terrible but that doesnt mean ppl dont need or care for house. Ppl dont have money. **** i wish i could play but im in college so im broke!!!! I dont play but i still keep up with paintball. Therefore i conclude paintball itself is not losing the interest of the public but the economy is....
Old 09-05-2008, 04:07 PM #59
Magnus
((((0))))

in my area of wisconsin tournements have died to almost nothing can't find teams, local open play is still decent but tournements are...dead?
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:37 PM #60
vegasripper2004

"there are some people who just wont let paintball die" i agree man.

and to be honest the ONLY reason paintball is slowing down is because of the economy, a field closed down in las vegas, a new 1 opend, i heard there was quite a time when there was no place to play, and my friends use to drive down to cali every weekend just to play.

i havent played serious paintball in 4 years man, the minute my dad died and i moved out of vegas to the philippines i felt like my dream was pulled out of reach.. i had been playing since i was 12 years old, and i didnt play to see who was better i played because i truly LOVE the sport,
as soon as i got here to the philippines, i checked t(and the only 2 places to play in THIS COUNTRY) charge $120 for a box of paint, other than that they helped EXPAND this sport, u didnt have to pay for air if u didnt have the money, theyd let me brorow guns since my timmy broke on the flight over -.-

but yeah i played a couple of times there, they asked me ot play in malaysia wit them, but sadly, another dick paintballer (son of the guy who owns it) couldnt stand hte fact that he actually had competition on the team

so after i lane him he bunkers me in the neck.. 6 times didnt go back cus i didnt feel welcome

AND NOW :the ONLY thing i want is to get back to my home town, and ball it up, get htat feeling back, cus paintball IS LIFE, and no1 in this forum right now can deny that to themselves, sht from time to time i can actualyl smell the old pball field.

never givin up tho, im 19 now, still waiting to getb ack, still waiting to ball, even if i might not be able to reach the PRO level, atleast i knew i didnt give up on my dream.

and i hope that everyone else in this thread will help to keep paintball alive, dont let some economic problems take away what we love to do.

(even if in the end i have to work itl im 70 to support my kids just cus i put all my money into pball ill never regret a minute of my life)

paintball is ours, and to the players who play it, we all share 1 feeling, and its not the feeling that ur better , its the feeling of just being on the field, and winning that game u worked 4 so hard.

<-- yeah long message man, but no1 in this country can understand how paintball has changed / saved my life.

long live paintball, a sport that will never die
vegasripper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:38 PM #61
vegasripper2004

btw guys please upload more pball videos, it makes me sad seeing 99% of the videos on youtube saying "posted 1-3 years ago" makes me feel like there is nothing left to look 4ward to
Old 06-19-2009, 10:42 PM #62
vegasripper2004

last comment XD

just read that post

: we went to the field, probably only knowing 1 person, or not even knowing ne1, and we made family there, 70% of the people i use to ball wit dont ball nemore, thats them, no way its happenin to me,
your friends quit? so what, most of them u met on that field! ballin is ur lifestyle and i love going to a new field were people dont know me and just doin what i do, cus what we do is what we love,
Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 PM #63
L337PwNaGe (Banned)
AGGtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
What needs to stop is the Paintball companies who keep making these Milsim Paintball markers "For woodsball players." They want the sport to grow yet they keep producing & amplifying what people believe is negative about the sport with these markers. (I.E. Simulated war.)

Paintball can be played in the woods without the whole Milsim crap. Thats how tournament Paintball used to be played, In the woods.

some people on here think i hate woods, but i don't. i just hate seeing all this wannabe army crap that this sport doesn't need.
we're in a very controversial(sp) war right now. do you honestly think the public won't look down upon the tippmann x7s, the rap greanade launchers, ect.?
go buy a vibe or something and go play woods with that. plus, its better than the tippy.
L337PwNaGe is offline   Reply With Quote