PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 PM #1
s+Smith
word

writing scenario- need advice

i'm trying my hand at writing a scenario. i've already started brainstorming some of the elements, like special players and a point system, etc. but just to be sure i've got all my bases covered, i would like to hear what some of you think makes a good scenario.
if you've played a really good one, what were some of the items you enjoyed? if you've played a really bad one, what made it so bad?
i'll start putting some more material up once i get it translated from my notebook scribbles. i can tell you now that it is going to be a mafia-based, Godfather-style theme.
any ideas/comments... lemme have 'em

"What would Jesus do for a Klondike bar?"

Guns don't kill people... but they do make the job a lot easier.
s+Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 PM #2
sloonan

This may help a little.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1665567
sloonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM #3
s+Smith
word

thanx
thats some good material. i had a similar idea for a a point system where dollars replace the points. the money can be earned by completeing missions and knocking over banks and supply caravans, killing enemy bosses and enforcers (special unit), finding and selling "drugs" (probably bags of flower stashed around the field).
as far as factions: there would be two crime families or teams, and a third group of mercanaries. the mercanaries can swing againsts whomever they want, but can also be bought out. for a certain amount per unit, one team can bribe the mercanaries to attack the other team. each unit fights for the benefactor until they are eleminated, then they return to nuetral.
i also had an idea for checkpoints. they would operate similar to command posts in SW Battlefront. a team could buy a checkpoint (at a predetermined location on the field) and their units could respawn from the checkpoint as opposed to returning to the fort or compound.
but yeah, that thread helps a lot... thanks again

"What would Jesus do for a Klondike bar?"

Guns don't kill people... but they do make the job a lot easier.
s+Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups