PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2008, 05:17 PM #1
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

SLG Magnet Trigger Mod - With Picture!

There are plenty of other threads about doing a magnetic trigger mod on SLG's and other guns (i think) but i just wanted to post a picture of how I did one on my son's SLG using some magnets off of some old Kila Detents..

they turned out to be perfect because of their size and all I can say is the feel of his trigger with these magnets is awesome..

The picture here shows a NDZ Slick trigger (in limited edition gold color) but I ended up putting the magnet on a Proto UL trigger for the SLG because the Slik trigger did not allow enough room for the trigger to move freely. I could have fixed this by modding the little black "box" that normally holds the spring (in the picture) but i was just too lazy

I did have to drill out a little bit of the black "box" thingy to get the magnet to recess enough but it was very easy using a regular hand drill...

This is just to show others what it looks like and I wish I could let you see how it feels because I wish my trigger felt like this!

Advertisement
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM #2
kchadek

kchadek is an NCPA player
kchadek plays in the APPA D5 division
you should really add more on how exactly to do it, a video would be really sweet to, just wanna see how it really works
kchadek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:18 PM #3
Skillz512

Skillz512 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Skillz512 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
nice man thats sick. do it with a pmr !!!
Skillz512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:22 PM #4
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

i would but i am currently just too lazy.. i am sure someone else has done this mod and put up pics...

basically you are just replacing the spring in the slg with repelling magnetic action using two magnets with their poles reversed...

i just used some super glue to glue the magnets on the trigger and on the spring holder thing.. the magnetic force of the kila detents was the perfect amount needed to create a really nice "resistance" and return of the trigger..

some benefits of the magnets are 1) nothing to wear out like springs so you will never have to change them 2) nice feel but this is always opinion on something like a trigger 3) you can put in your sig that you have a magnet trigger mod on your gun which makes you super cool *lol*
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM #5
ticky

Is there anywhere that I can buy a magnetic kit? Can't seem to find magnets that fit like that!

Thanks.
ticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:14 PM #6
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

radio shack Catalog #: 64-1895

you will find them in the stores as well...

g luck
Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM #7
ticky

Faithalone,

THANK YOU very much for that important piece of information (Radioshack) !

Here are some instructions on how I put the magnetic trigger on my SLG:
1. Buy Radioshack Catalog #64-1895 (Rare Earth Super Magnets)
2. Use a drill with a 3/16" drill bit to slightly enlarge the holes on the trigger and gun body so that the magnets would fit exactly in the 2 holes.
3. Mark with a sharpie the repelling sides of the magnets.
4. Super glue the non-sharpie side of the magnet and glue them into the holes making sure the sharpie side faces outwards.
5. Put SLG back trigger back together.
6. ENJOY!

Thanks so much! That was the easiest and cheapest mod I've done with my SLG! Its also the BEST feature on it too!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM #8
ticky

Just as an update to my magnetic trigger. The Radioshack magnet maybe a little too strong. The speed at which you can fire at is similar to how fast you can fire with a stock spring. It however feels MUCH better than the spring and is just so cool!

However if you want to fire really fast, I would just go without the stock spring (or magnet) and install the Virtue SLG Lite Trigger Switch Upgrade. I can walk the trigger nearly twice as fast. Just my 2c.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:22 PM #9
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

you are right about the trigger switch... you can also get them from erayser at his site alternativepb.com just look for the 25 gram micro switch...

glad you like it...
Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 PM #10
frogsaver

weres the pciture?
frogsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:38 PM #11
FaTTy_FRo

LOL..yea wheres the pic. : D
FaTTy_FRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 PM #12
frogsaver

i just got some magnets, and I know where they go on the trigger, but I have no idea where they go on the frame
Old 05-10-2009, 10:46 AM #13
frogsaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
Faithalone,

2. Use a drill with a 3/16" drill bit to slightly enlarge the holes on the trigger and gun body so that the magnets would fit exactly in the 2 holes.

4. Super glue the non-sharpie side of the magnet and glue them into the holes making sure the sharpie side faces outwards.
!
I know that you use the hole where the spring goes on the trigger, but what hole are you talking about on the frame? I looked, and there isnt anything, but flat wall where the spring goes.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 AM #14
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsaver View Post
I know that you use the hole where the spring goes on the trigger, but what hole are you talking about on the frame? I looked, and there isnt anything, but flat wall where the spring goes.
PM faithalone. He is still pretty active on PbNation, but not in the Proto forum these days.
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM #15
frogsaver

okay, awaiting his reply
Old 03-12-2012, 01:14 AM #16
Falcon9101
Will buy cheap HPA tanks

so here is the epic fail i made and now i feel horrible that my gun doesnt shoot properly. i am new to paintball and just bought me a proto SLG non UL and i was curious about the guns components so i started taking it apart and now that i have it put back together i found that i am missing the trigger spring. for this being my first gun i feel horrible and hopeless because i cannot find anything online for help. i have installed a crappy pen spring mod but it isnt working out to well because the trigger keeps getting stuck. just to let everyone know i have the plastic stock trigger. i am thinking about getting a trigger with bearings but i am running low on cash and have been looking into the magnet mod. first of all i wanted to clarify if everyone is talking about the proto SLG NON UL. and if so..........HELP ME PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!
Falcon9101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:36 PM #17
Tikiman12

find a better pen spring. PROMISE a good pen spring will fix it.

If you do the magnet mod, you can buy the magnets on ebay or a hobby lobby.

I have this mod, love it.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=381989
Ebay feedback:
http://myworld.ebay.com/tikiman121086/
Tikiman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:58 PM #18
Falcon9101
Will buy cheap HPA tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman12 View Post
find a better pen spring. PROMISE a good pen spring will fix it.

If you do the magnet mod, you can buy the magnets on ebay or a hobby lobby.

I have this mod, love it.
could you maybe show me how to do it? i have looked everywhere on how to make this mod for the slg non ul with no luck. also did you use the rare earth magnets because i might be getting a few today from radio shack. i would apreciate it very much if you could post maybe a video or somethibg on youtube. i doesnt even have to be an instructional vid it could even be a picture of the magnet trigger mechanism. i just need anything really just to see what it looks like so i can duplicate it.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM #19
Falcon9101
Will buy cheap HPA tanks

ok so i just went to radio shack and i found the 3/16 rare earth magnets i was looking for. but the problem is that the magnets are just a tad bit larger than the hole. so i figured i would sand them down to fit. (just giving updates)
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 AM #20
Falcon9101
Will buy cheap HPA tanks

YES!!!!! ok i have installed the magnets into the gun with muvh difficulty but it is worth it because i already notice a change in ROF i used to shoot 14 bps now its like 16 or 17 bps. i ended up not sanding the magnets down and instead widening the holes in the black box and the trigger. i will post a video on youtube explaining to everyone else how to do this mod. ^_^
Old 03-14-2012, 11:36 PM #21
Falcon9101
Will buy cheap HPA tanks

well i would of posted a vid by now but my dad has taken my gun for 3 days
-.- so i will post about when i have uploaded my video just for if there is anybody that would like to do this mod that also may not be posting on the forum. but again this mod is AWESOME!!! for one this is my first mod and 2 ive noticed a huge change in firing speed. i was thinking about maybe making the sensitivity ajustable but then again i didnt want to make it to elaborate.