PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2008, 10:19 PM #43
brickwall329
i'm steve!

brickwall329 helped look for balloons
I really do like the way Real Madrid works, even if it is due to the incredible funds they have available. Something about them that I admire...
brickwall329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM #44
Charlie_Boy (Banned)
Team Canadia/Quality

Some people say that the government helps pay for their spending.

Probably just a conspiracy theory......I'll look up their owners I suppose.

"Beginning with the reign of Florentino Pérez in 2000, Real Madrid transformed itself from a Great club in History of football team to a money-making machine. However the method of this transformation came under scrutiny from the European Commission and the Spanish Government after an examination into a property deal reported to have netted Real Madrid €480m. The club's sale of its training grounds to the City of Madrid in 2001 wiped out its debts and paved the way for the club to continue to buy the world's most expensive players such as Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham. The City of Madrid had re-zoned the training grounds for development, a process which in turn increased its value, and then bought the site.[32] The criticisms claim that the City of Madrid corruptly overpaid for the property to assist in turning around the clubs financial fortunes."

Interesting....
Charlie_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 PM #45
infamousaddict
takes the snake...

Brick if that Arsenal/FIFA comment was at me **** you.

if not, continue with your life.

I hope for paintball to be considered a sport someday; excuse my "woodsball" hatred.
infamousaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM #46
brickwall329
i'm steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousaddict View Post
Brick if that Arsenal/FIFA comment was at me **** you.

if not, continue with your life.
no, it's really the reason I like them

I'm not a huge fan, I just root for them.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 PM #47
infamousaddict
takes the snake...

Charlie... that is VERY interesting... think about how much the team brings in for Madrid... tourism, local business revenue, the stadium must employ at least a few hundred people

I hope for paintball to be considered a sport someday; excuse my "woodsball" hatred.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:33 PM #48
Charlie_Boy (Banned)
Team Canadia/Quality

It's probably old news to some of you, but I just found that to be odd.

I really fail to comprehend how not that much property could net so much money for the club.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:34 PM #49
infamousaddict
takes the snake...

Madrid is a city, if that training ground was inside the city then it could be worth millions.... especially if it was open ground then it could be built on with minimal demolition

(My father, mothers father, mothers mother, are in real estate)

Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 PM #50
brickwall329
i'm steve!

Real is definitely a money making machine. Hell, they buy a Galactico every year.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 PM #51
Charlie_Boy (Banned)
Team Canadia/Quality

They paid a fortune for Robben. I guess that's why they're trying to over inflate Robinho's price.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:47 PM #52
brickwall329
i'm steve!

They broke the transfer record for Beckham (and a lot of other players since then), and their mindset was that even if he didn't produce, they would still make a fortune off of him. He sold shirts like mad, and it was in his and every Galactico's contract that the club gets something like 50% of all merchandise sales.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:56 PM #53
Robin van Persie

Quote:
actually RvP i haven't played FIFA in months... I didn't rbring my xbox to NYC... my little cousin has my box and account now FYI

I watch games more now, thanks to torrents and justin.tv and there's a pub nearby i can sit 20' from the bar and watch

and yeah that was me who was like "who the **** are you anyways"

and rigby go **** yourself, I'm tired of everyone hating on arsenal, they play the best looking and most (what I think) honorable football... sure they have ups and downs... but I love that. It's drama, I can never just be 'sure' arsenal will win or buy him or play this player

I would hate being a Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, or anything club above Arsenal (in richness and prestige) fan in all honesty. (Not to say there's anything wrong with them, but I like my football with a bit of spontaneity)

oh and be reminded Arsenal have had an undefeated season in last decade. They may not be the best now, but wait a couple of years.

/rant

edit: nice title aaron!

I want to name the next one

oh and In addition to the above... I read, read, read, read, read, and read about professional happenings... the dashboard on my computer is all RSS feeds from BBC Sport, Eurosport.yahoo.com, Sky Sports and Arsenal.com... I read all the articles I can
You do realize that Arsenal are one of the richest teams in the world right? You're not doing anyone a favour by bringing that up, you're just making yourself look worse if you use that in any sort of an arguement.

Also, watching games now makes you all of 0% a better fan. I'm happy for you, seriously, since apparently Arsenal and being the biggest ***** I know/have heard about on the internet is what makes you happy, but don't say that like "OH NOW I'M A REAL FAN" type thing. What makes you a fan is to each his own, but reading articles hardly is something a lot of people will decide on.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:06 AM #54
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I remember watching Sky Sports News and the analyst guy was talking about how the board was getting kind of disgruntled with Wenger because he did not splash on big names. He made it a point that the board said they had plenty of money to provide to Wenger if he wanted to use it for a big signing, and that the stadium was not as big a deal as many seem to make it.

Charlie: I remember a while ago you posted something about the disgruntled United supporters team. I recall reading about Manchester United shareholders getting together and openly voicing their dissent with the current ownership. I know if I lived in England I would be insanely pissed to if I was forced to purchase tickets for cup games that I did not want to see in order to get season tickets.

Random question, does anyone know who the two arabs are that wear the turbans and sit behind the bench at Old Trafford? I have seen them at every home game for the last two or three seasons already.

-Aaron

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM #55
bounusball75
You'll Never Walk Alone

bounusball75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
that's interesting at about madrid. I like them because I really like sergio ramos. So I'll fancy whoever he plays for.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM #56
Robin van Persie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
Random question, does anyone know who the two arabs are that wear the turbans and sit behind the bench at Old Trafford? I have seen them at every home game for the last two or three seasons already.
Premium season pass holders I believe. Costs something like £10,000 a year.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:29 AM #57
London Calling
NYU '12

Okay I decided to come back, because nobody of my friends at NYU like football so I'm gonna make random posts here from time to time releasing my pent up football rants. I do apologize for the way I originally left this place, that wasn't the way to go out, and whatever I'm still gonna post here.

Who is so goddamn sick of these transfer sagas?
Berbatov! Show some goddamn initiative and either put in the goddamn transfer request or come out and say you'll stay. I've never seen a more prickish way of dealing with the rumours. Even Gareth Barry told us what he was doing. Honestly I would like to see him out of the premiership as I just can't tolerate his ****e anymore. But if he does go to ManYoo, it's just one more guy to hate.

Robinho, this saga is just as annoying as it is so on again off again. At least he's come out and said what he wants. Though Calderon has shown his hypocrisy by not letting him leave, weeks after the Ronaldo saga. It will be nice as we can get a decent wide player in the side, but if he doesn't come, it's not the end of the world.

Gareth Barry, stay at Aston Villa, you really aren't good enough to get into the Liverpool side. Although with the way Liverpool have been playing recently...

Prediction for this season:
1. Chelsea (They are very motivated to win it and have a deep enough squad to do it)
2. ManYoo (They'll come back eventually)
3. Arsenal
4. Aston Villa
5. Liverpool
6. Everton.
7. Man Citeh
8. West Scum
9. Middlesbrough
10. Spurs
11. Pompey
12. Newcastle
13. Wigan
14. Sunderland
15. Blackburn
16. West Brom
17. Hull
18. Bolton
19. Stoke
20. Fulham

I'll post some other **** thats on my mind another time. Laters
London Calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:46 AM #58
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
Who the **** is that? State?
I actually agree with your predictions for the top 3 provided we keep playing like this. I talked about Ronaldo being the crutch, and now others are being forced to step up and play to their ability and they simply are not. Our need for an out and out striker is so blatant right now. After that it gets kind of hazy for me since I feel that Fulham and Sunderland will do better. 4-7 will require some thought so I will post up later.

-Aaron

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 AM #59
infamousaddict
takes the snake...

State? Is that you?

and I never said Arsenal wasn't rich, but they aren't as rich as the bigger clubs I named

I like them just they way they are.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:01 AM #60
GUNITPANDA (Banned)
Reggina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post

-Aaron
Why would we know who they are?... They're obviously ticketholders. O and Poonjabis wear turbans not Arabs. Arabs wear the cloth thing. -jamal
GUNITPANDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 AM #61
GIZMO8Z
(|||+)

GIZMO8Z is a Supporting Member
Serie A starts today!

Inter V. Sampdoria

Udinese V. Palermo

Milan play Bologna tomorrow ... I hope the spending pays off.

For Milan ... I have no idea who will start in goal ... that’s the area I'm most concerned with. Zambrotta had one of the best performances on the Italian squad in Euro2008, so I hope he can transfer that over to Milan. The same goes for Pato and 'dinho with their performance in the Olympics. I have no idea how in-form Sheva is right now ... maybe he'll get some playing time. Gattuso picked up a shoulder injury in Italy's last friendly V. Austria (They tied 2-2 ) so I hope he plays. Milan also picked up a pair of young Uruguayan midfielders. They might not get playing time, but it would be cool to see how they pan out this season.

I believe Fiorentina play Juventus tomorrow too. It'll be a huge game, def. one of the biggest rivalries in Italian calcio. This will only be amplified bc it’s their first game of the season. Fiorentina V. Juve was the only game I could not buy tickets to while I was abroad in Florence. The tickets sold out 2 hrs after they went on sale.

I think the Viola will have a hell of a year. I'm really interested to see how young Montenegrin newcomer Stevan Jovetic performs for them. I hope Gilardino can revive his career. I always liked Mutu, Pazzini, Montolivo and Frey (I had my fingers crossed that Milan would make a swoop for him this. Sucks that they lost Ujfalusi. I always liked Vieri too ... he gave a young and inexperienced Fiorentina some guidance ... and he was always good for coming in for the last 30mins of a game and poaching goals.

Robin Hood(100% Positive Feedback(Old Format))

Last edited by GIZMO8Z : 08-30-2008 at 09:54 AM.
GIZMO8Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 AM #62
Robin van Persie

Quote:
State? Is that you?

and I never said Arsenal wasn't rich, but they aren't as rich as the bigger clubs I named

I like them just they way they are.
Still, in some ways incorrect. Arsenal have one of the highest profit margins in the world, I believe higher than Chelsea and Barcelona.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM #63
Charlie_Boy (Banned)
Team Canadia/Quality

Yeah, Arsenal is a rich ****ing club....hence why I quoted that and just posted the "" thing.

And State's back, huh? I dunno if you can handle ST, bud.