ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 AM #85
artoskata
Bring the HEAT

artoskata plays in the PSP
artoskata owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
artoskata supports Team VICIOUS
artoskata plays in the APPA D3 division
Yeah, that is a good idea. ONe big entry.
artoskata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2008, 12:06 PM #86
abear021
GunFighter Paintball

abear021 plays in the PSP
abear021 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
abear021 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
abear021 supports Team VICIOUS
abear021 plays in the APPA beginner division
Basically you have to look at this like the existing Senerio companys do. You have to get with the individual fields that you want to possibly host a leg of the series. Then you need to basically employ your own refs for the entire series. As for paint, that would be the field's responsiblity since that is how they will make their money. Plus there's always the possiblity that the tournament organization will have to have it's own insurance policy that may not be covered by the fields policy. So there is a lot more to think about about this whole thing. The best thing to do at this point would be to contact all existing series that actually WORK about a basic structure. From this you can pick and choose or even combine what will be needed to do any of this. But like anything, you need to test it out first and odds are you will lose money from it. And I mean whom ever is thinking about putting this together. The fields wont be the one losing the money. So maybe you might think about super low fees at first with just possibly trophies instead of prizes just to see it if it is worth doing this whole thing.
abear021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM #87
freegaent21

If yall are really intrested in doing this yall need to get intouch with some of the old school ballers. Drew at lax, Cory Cantrell or anyone that used to be a part of the SPL.
If you dont know what the SPL was it was just what yall are looking that happened in the late 90's. I played a few of the events but wasnt arround long enought to get the full runnings of the SPL. Cory I believe was one of the ones who started it and help'd run the league.

Keep in mind this can work, however you will need HUGE support from the field owners. If they are looking for a big profit from each leg of the league it will not work. This should be something for the players, to get all the locals together and ball. If you have a teams that want big prizes and what not then a state wide league will not be for you.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM #88
pballer71037
college kinda sux

why would thye get ahold of an old school baller who ran a league that did not last very long. that is the opposite of what they want. they want a league that will last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwell View Post
50% for prizes -$600.00
===========================
600 for pirzes so 300 for first 200 for second 100 for third. no one is going to play this event. you are only taking cost of the event itself. anyone who has traveled to play knows you have:
paint (which you accounted for)
entry (which youve accounted for)
hotel
gas
food
entertainment

gas hotel and food will cost each team another 200 to 500 dollars . all this to win 300 dollars. granted cfoa no teams that travel will make a profit from playing but they dont take this big of a loss.

Last edited by pballer71037 : 09-09-2008 at 03:58 PM.
pballer71037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:32 PM #89
artoskata
Bring the HEAT

artoskata plays in the PSP
artoskata owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
artoskata supports Team VICIOUS
artoskata plays in the APPA D3 division
haha
artoskata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:23 PM #90
DAVE_M

DAVE_M posts videos on PbNation
DAVE_M plays in the APPA D5 division
DAVE_M is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer71037 View Post
why would thye get ahold of an old school baller who ran a league that did not last very long. that is the opposite of what they want. they want a league that will last.
Because most of the "old school ballers" Rob is talking about, are now field owners...
The league didn't last before because it became a greed fest, everybody wanted their field to make all the money...
Don't try to put somebody down, when you don't know what your talking about...
DAVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM #91
freegaent21

Quote:

600 for pirzes so 300 for first 200 for second 100 for third. no one is going to play this event. you are only taking cost of the event itself. anyone who has traveled to play knows you have:
paint (which you accounted for)
entry (which youve accounted for)
hotel
gas
food
entertainment

gas hotel and food will cost each team another 200 to 500 dollars . all this to win 300 dollars. granted cfoa no teams that travel will make a profit from playing but they dont take this big of a loss.
the reason it stoped was because the prople who ran it got tired of doing all the work and noone else wanted to fill their shoes.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 PM #92
pballer71037
college kinda sux

well i am just calling it as i see it. if u take part in something and it fails then you have to take into consideration that some of the responsibility lies with you
Old 09-09-2008, 09:20 PM #93
Azn Tom
Klutch Komponents Media

Azn Tom plays in the PSP
Azn Tom owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Azn Tom owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Azn Tom plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
well i am just calling it as i see it. if u take part in something and it fails then you have to take into consideration that some of the responsibility lies with you
Can u host a series please???

you obviously know all about this. so i mean u running a series should be pretty easy for you.

you can shut down everyone's ideas so you should own a field and hosts tournys
Azn Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:28 PM #94
freegaent21

Quote:
seems like you have it all figured all out then. Start it up and watch it fail.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:32 PM #95
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by freegaent21 View Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:13 PM #96
pballer71037
college kinda sux

did i hurt some peoples feelings. aww i am sorry.

my main point in this thread is to point out if something may be over looked. i am sure the thread starter would mutch rather have someone bring up an argument in a forum then spend a lot of money and have these same arguments brought up at an event and/ or loose players or not have players sign up because they disagree with something. honestly there is not enough interest in lousiana. the fields do not cooperate with each other. i just dont see it happening. the best thing that could happen would be these people saying they are interested to grow the sport in their area for a year or so. then once they have a consistant amount of players at an event organize into something more. i know in north louisiana there maybe two other teams who would play a series consitantly. i think what would happen no matter how well it was run the first one would have an alright turn out then it would slowly dwendle down from that.

to be honest i would not waste my money to try to start a statewide series. at this point in time the sport is not big enough in louisiana. most teams go to texas or missippi to play because they know they can play an event without fear of cancellation and they still wont have to spend much money.

i think everyones focus is off. before you can have a big series you have to have a big interest.

take this thread for example. how many ppl have posted. and i know at least two of them play for the same team. a team i might add which is out of mississippi. there is barely interset in this thread. at least not hardley enough to justify a series.

Last edited by pballer71037 : 09-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 PM #97
pballer71037
college kinda sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn Tom View Post

our team has done it in the past and will again.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM #98
dynopb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
Don't try to put somebody down, when you don't know what your talking about...
Identifying the flaws in a plan is not putting someone down. The devil is in the details. You must analize any project and come up with a detailed plan. Then, go thru that plan and find the errors, address them and correct them. Then do it all over again. Only after you have a solid plan should you move forward. No one want to create a plan to fail. we need those with idea's, but we also need those who can identify the problem in the idea's.
Rule #76- No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!
dynopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:31 PM #99
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynopb View Post
Identifying the flaws in a plan is not putting someone down. The devil is in the details. You must analize any project and come up with a detailed plan. Then, go thru that plan and find the errors, address them and correct them. Then do it all over again. Only after you have a solid plan should you move forward. No one want to create a plan to fail. we need those with idea's, but we also need those who can identify the problem in the idea's.
You misunderstood my post.

I was directing that towards him saying he wouldn't want those people to help out with a league that already had failed. Those "people" he was referring to, from Rob's post, are field owners...

And by saying that he didn't want those "people" to be a part of this is saying that he doesn't want this to happen because it had already failed.

The only way this can happen is by those "people" to be a part of it.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 PM #100
dynopb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
You misunderstood my post.

I was directing that towards him saying he wouldn't want those people to help out with a league that already had failed. Those "people" he was referring to, from Rob's post, are field owners...

And by saying that he didn't want those "people" to be a part of this is saying that he doesn't want this to happen because it had already failed.

The only way this can happen is by those "people" to be a part of it.
I stand corrected. my post still valid, but shouldn't have been directed to you Dave. my apologies.
Rule #76- No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!
dynopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:11 PM #101
freegaent21

Quote:
did i hurt some peoples feelings. aww i am sorry.

my main point in this thread is to point out if something may be over looked. i am sure the thread starter would mutch rather have someone bring up an argument in a forum then spend a lot of money and have these same arguments brought up at an event and/ or loose players or not have players sign up because they disagree with something. honestly there is not enough interest in lousiana. the fields do not cooperate with each other. i just dont see it happening. the best thing that could happen would be these people saying they are interested to grow the sport in their area for a year or so. then once they have a consistant amount of players at an event organize into something more. i know in north louisiana there maybe two other teams who would play a series consitantly. i think what would happen no matter how well it was run the first one would have an alright turn out then it would slowly dwendle down from that.

to be honest i would not waste my money to try to start a statewide series. at this point in time the sport is not big enough in louisiana. most teams go to texas or missippi to play because they know they can play an event without fear of cancellation and they still wont have to spend much money.

i think everyones focus is off. before you can have a big series you have to have a big interest.

take this thread for example. how many ppl have posted. and i know at least two of them play for the same team. a team i might add which is out of mississippi. there is barely interset in this thread. at least not hardley enough to justify a series.
if you knew anything about planning a league or starting up anything you would also know that you need to know why things dont work. Talking to people who had a leage in the past that have failed can give you insite as to why it failed. Which in return will give you a greater chance of not failing.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:41 PM #102
pballer71037
college kinda sux

Quote:
if you knew anything about planning a league or starting up anything you would also know that you need to know why things dont work. Talking to people who had a leage in the past that have failed can give you insite as to why it failed. Which in return will give you a greater chance of not failing.

ok ill give you that that is a very valid point. when taking advice from those people one must remember that they did fail and if they do not speak of that but instead of the good that they did. they are letting their pride get in the way. also it was never stated as ask them what they did wrong but more as they know what they are doing cause they now run fields. running a field and a large series are two entirely different beast. to be honest as i said before i would be hesitant to start a series at this point in the eveolution (for lack of a better word) in lousiana paintball.

but i really am sorry if i hurt your feelings that was not my intention. it was merely to maybe get a laugh or to and remind him that it did fail and to take in stride the advice he was given. i meant no harm to the people of which you speak. when it boils down to it. if he wants to start it he is going to do what he wants.

if i were him i would take everything negative i and others have said and all the suggestions decide what would work for me and what would not. he does not have to do just as i say nor does he have to do as anybody else says. he can call anybody he would like. but if i know paintballers they have a lot of pride and ego. myself included. and he may not get the best advice. he may simply get reminisance of the good ole days.

i have failed at many things. and i can still take a joke about it at my expense. i have also taken part in running and planning many things. some credibility if you must have some. i have worked at a field for three years now. helped run another field while working at that field. helped plan many events that have gone over well. and if you speak to any of the guys from frenzy about the last event the played at off limits(i use them cause i cant think of another team at the event) but if i am quoting him corectly "that was the best ran event we have ever played". that my firend had a lot to do with my team being on the field and making sure things got done. also i have been in the sport for ten years and seen my fair share of change in the sport.

also

Quote:
this isnt small talk. please try to keep your comments adding to the conversation as your last one did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn Tom View Post
Can u host a series please???

you obviously know all about this. so i mean u running a series should be pretty easy for you.

all i have to say in response to that is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynopb View Post

Last edited by pballer71037 : 09-09-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 PM #103
freegaent21

you didnt hurt my feelings. but just about every post you have made was commenting on how people are negative. When in realty you need to think of all of the negatives along with having a good plan in order for this thing to work.

However, Psp and Nppl are seeing a decline in entrys so i think trying to set this up with the economy the way is it is a failure in itself unless someone is willing to lend fields for free and others are willing to give up time at no cost.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 PM #104
pballer71037
college kinda sux

Quote:
you didnt hurt my feelings. but just about every post you have made was commenting on how people are negative. When in realty you need to think of all of the negatives along with having a good plan in order for this thing to work.

However, Psp and Nppl are seeing a decline in entrys so i think trying to set this up with the economy the way is it is a failure in itself unless someone is willing to lend fields for free and others are willing to give up time at no cost.
and the reason i am posting the "anti-plan" is because everyone else is posting how awsome it will be. which can hurt you more than people might think. telling people they are awsome and it will definatley work is why people get on american idol and make ***** out of themselves on national tv for example.

your second paragraphs i agree with a lot. but getting these fields to do that is the problem. most fields unless they are private fields will not be willing to do that. like dave was saying the reason the other series failed was because of money hungry fields. that is a problem you will run into a lot. you will need fields like the one they have and a couple other teams have in the state. where they would be willing to do it for the good of the sport not just to make some money.

Last edited by pballer71037 : 09-09-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 AM #105
LSU Foolsball 69 (Banned)
~SL94 Owner~ Lethal

Quote:
Originally Posted by abear021 View Post
Basically you have to look at this like the existing Senerio companys do. You have to get with the individual fields that you want to possibly host a leg of the series. Then you need to basically employ your own refs for the entire series. As for paint, that would be the field's responsiblity since that is how they will make their money. Plus there's always the possiblity that the tournament organization will have to have it's own insurance policy that may not be covered by the fields policy. So there is a lot more to think about about this whole thing. The best thing to do at this point would be to contact all existing series that actually WORK about a basic structure. From this you can pick and choose or even combine what will be needed to do any of this. But like anything, you need to test it out first and odds are you will lose money from it. And I mean whom ever is thinking about putting this together. The fields wont be the one losing the money. So maybe you might think about super low fees at first with just possibly trophies instead of prizes just to see it if it is worth doing this whole thing.

I can't say it any better Eldon!
LSU Foolsball 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups