Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM #43
DAVE_M

DAVE_M posts videos on PbNation
DAVE_M plays in the APPA D5 division
DAVE_M is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoskata View Post
then stop posting in here... its that simple.
Why would I stop posting here ? Your posts have far less relevance than anyone's here.
The point of this thread is a suggestion or idea, not something set in stone.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you actually would read the thread, you would have realized that although I have negative thoughts about the creation of to how this will happen, I am positive to the idea that if this does happen as planned, I wouldn't mind being a part of it.

I never once said anything hostile towards you, so your hostility towards me is pointless.

And like I said earlier, if this is to happen, a 5man format on an xball style field would be the most logical. Seeing as that most LA fields already have Xball fields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlong1 View Post
If anyone is interested, particularly team captains and field managers/owners lets about the feasablity of making this happen. On the other hand if there is not enough interest then screw it and we keep playing little local tournaments and large national tournaments. I just thought it might be nice to have a series somewhere between these 2 extremes.
Artoskata, how about you take time to read this part of the original post...

Also, the point of my negativity is that there is a high probability that there will be interest, but not a huge amount of interest. Without a huge amount of interest, this could not be an actual league so to speak. It would be more of a local tournament series. With that, I mean that it will still be a small amount of teams with small prizes, which loses interest.

Here is an example, that has been stated on the previous page :

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer71037 View Post
just a word of advice (i know you are new at this) if you have 15 teams say they are interested. only 10 of them will say they will play and then only 5 of them will actually sign up to play. if you do not make them pay when they register but a pay when you get here type thing only 3 of them will show up.
On a side note, Xball lite is no longer...
Xball Lite was created to be a faster paced style of Xball for teams to be able to play Xball without spending loads on paint.
In the old form of PSP Xball, you had two 15 minute halves, in which you played till time ran out.
In the new form of PSP Xball, you have one 15 minute half, in which you play till one team scores a set number of points.
( Division 3 teams had to score 5 points, while D2 through NXL teams had to score 7 points )
Xball Lite is the same thing as the new form of PSP Xball and trust me, it's not cheap.

Last edited by DAVE_M : 09-04-2008 at 02:08 PM.
DAVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM #44
pballer71037
college kinda sux

has been a member for 10 years
dont feel like everyone hates you dave. i am in agreement. i have my doubts about this. especially with the other series they are talking about running being non-profit and having the players rotate and reff events.

on a side note. i dont know how long you have been playing but i think you dont fully understand tournament players. either that or you are really hopefull. the players who play national leagues play because they want to play those leagues. so your biggest market is going to be those who currently play local and want to do something bigger. but you have to factor in a lot of expense even to play a statewide league even if you live in the state. with big expenses means you will need huge payouts. you will have to hire professional reffs.

i dont know if you have given this any thought. but this is a huge jump it is not just hey lets start something.

also if you want to practice anytime pm me. i will let you know a date we may can set something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
Xball Lite is the same thing as the new form of PSP Xball and trust me, it's not cheap.
very ture even with xball lite you are still looking at between 20 and 30 cases of paint at least.

Last edited by pballer71037 : 09-04-2008 at 04:47 PM.
pballer71037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:55 PM #45
paublo25

well we may just have to start it out as a series with the possibility of a league that way if we get a big turnout then we could turn it into a league.
anyway you look at it, i think of it mainly as trying to get more tournaments in Louisiana and more players

Last edited by paublo25 : 09-04-2008 at 05:32 PM.
paublo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:57 PM #46
wdlong1

Yea -- I am hopefull but also have my doubts.
Agreed that a statewide series is the place to start.
wdlong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 PM #47
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
dont feel like everyone hates you dave.
I get my kicks out of it

Quote:
on a side note. i dont know how long you have been playing but i think you dont fully understand tournament players. either that or you are really hopefull. the players who play national leagues play because they want to play those leagues. so your biggest market is going to be those who currently play local and want to do something bigger. but you have to factor in a lot of expense even to play a statewide league even if you live in the state. with big expenses means you will need huge payouts. you will have to hire professional reffs.

i dont know if you have given this any thought. but this is a huge jump it is not just hey lets start something.

also if you want to practice anytime pm me. i will let you know a date we may can set something up

very ture even with xball lite you are still looking at between 20 and 30 cases of paint at least.
I've been around for a while now, started playing in '99. I've played CFOA, PSP, and so many local events I can't name them.

I know that it is a huge jump, but what I'm implying is that because it will have to take baby steps : become a series, gain interest, etc...; It will be easy to lose interest.

The problem with this is, just like before, fields started fighting over where it would be held, because they wanted to make all the money. Not saying it won't happen again and not saying it will happen again. I'm just implying that it's a huge probability that it may happen again.

I'd be glad to set up a practice; just have to wait till this "Gustav Aftermath" is over with so everybody can get settled again.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:59 PM #48
LSU Foolsball 69 (Banned)
~SL94 Owner~ Lethal

I would do a CFOA style five man Lethal will be down with at least two teams.
LSU Foolsball 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 PM #49
paublo25

yeah same thing happened with the AOS series in texas.....it was supposed to be on 5-6 diff fields but tank ended up taking it all. If we try to see the series through we will need to have one person that doesn't have a field to be in charge(no bias then) and we would need an agreement b/w the field owners that not one field with try to monopolize it and take over the series b/c that's when it will fail.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 PM #50
wdlong1

maybe the best thing would be to have a "player" run series. That is have a group of teams/players decide what they want to play, when and how and run the events themselves. Have different fields host them but have it run by the players. If we had 10-15 5 man teams this could actually allow the teams and players to negotiate with host fields concerning paint and fees etc.

I agree that in the few series that I have been involved in they degraded into money runs for the field owners, raising prices and lowering prizes. This is not something I would want to screw with. I would like to see the fees as low as possible and dump most if not all the money into prizes. We just want to play paintball with a good and competitive group of guys.

What do you guys think about this? Dumb idea?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:23 PM #51
paublo25

I agree we could have teams or captains from the teams (such as 5-6) as kind of a council to control and mediate everything. We could also have a kind of set prices for fees and paint prices to keep this as low cost as possible.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 PM #52
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
I agree that in the few series that I have been involved in they degraded into money runs for the field owners, raising prices and lowering prizes. This is not something I would want to screw with. I would like to see the fees as low as possible and dump most if not all the money into prizes. We just want to play paintball with a good and competitive group of guys.

By George, I think you've got it !

You see where I am coming from now ?

That is the exact reason why it is/has/will be so hard to do.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:05 PM #53
pballer71037
college kinda sux

Quote:
I get my kicks out of it

I've been around for a while now, started playing in '99. I've played CFOA, PSP, and so many local events I can't name them.

I know that it is a huge jump, but what I'm implying is that because it will have to take baby steps : become a series, gain interest, etc...; It will be easy to lose interest.

The problem with this is, just like before, fields started fighting over where it would be held, because they wanted to make all the money. Not saying it won't happen again and not saying it will happen again. I'm just implying that it's a huge probability that it may happen again.

I'd be glad to set up a practice; just have to wait till this "Gustav Aftermath" is over with so everybody can get settled again.
sorry dave the side not was to the thread starter not you.

Last edited by pballer71037 : 09-04-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 PM #54
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary

O well, but at least to whomever it was for, the point was made and realized.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 PM #55
pballer71037
college kinda sux

Quote:
maybe the best thing would be to have a "player" run series. That is have a group of teams/players decide what they want to play, when and how and run the events themselves. Have different fields host them but have it run by the players. If we had 10-15 5 man teams this could actually allow the teams and players to negotiate with host fields concerning paint and fees etc.

it is a brilliant idea. but will never work. no field is going to turn there business over to a group of paintballers. anything negative that happens at the field reflects on them not the groupd running it. also you have safety issues they will be worried about. whether they are inforced or not the field will be worried about it. it would have to be done as a series where the field had final say and then someone ran it. also as you should be able to tell from this thread paintballers will never ever agree.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 PM #56
pballer71037
college kinda sux

Quote:

O well, but at least to whomever it was for, the point was made and realized.

well i am in agreement with you so you dont have to worry bout that.

about that practice though. where are yall at. we would definately love to practice. if you are in the shreveport area let me know. even if your team isnt here you are still more than welcome to come out and play with us.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 PM #57
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
Quote:
well i am in agreement with you so you dont have to worry bout that.

about that practice though. where are yall at. we would definately love to practice. if you are in the shreveport area let me know. even if your team isnt here you are still more than welcome to come out and play with us.

Always good to hear, most of us are from the New Orleans area, our field is in St. Bernard, but we don't mind the travel. We have some players from Slidell and some like myself from the Northshore.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 PM #58
artoskata
Bring the HEAT

artoskata plays in the PSP
artoskata owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
artoskata supports Team VICIOUS
artoskata plays in the APPA D3 division
Sorry for the hostility Dave. I didnt mean that.
artoskata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM #59
LSU Foolsball 69 (Banned)
~SL94 Owner~ Lethal

I know us at Lethal have a field that is great for a tourny series.
LSU Foolsball 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 AM #60
wdlong1

What I meant by player run is it would not be a series that was designed by and for field owners.

If we had enough teams we could call fields and say that we have a series, we would like to play on their field, we can pay "x" amount if you can provide us with refs, airball field, air and paint, and we only want to pay "y" per case but we garantee so many cases to be sold. or BYOP if possible. I think you get my meaning.
That way the teams could decide where the money goes.

It would be great if there was a third party out there to cooridinate this kind of thing -- I do not think that there is though. It would require a real effort on the part of teams and their captains.

And paintballers will never agree.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 AM #61
artoskata
Bring the HEAT

artoskata plays in the PSP
artoskata owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
artoskata supports Team VICIOUS
artoskata plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm loving this idea.
artoskata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM #62
pballer71037
college kinda sux

well the third party would be the best. if you could find certified reffs it would be best. a field would trust they would maintain control. fields arent big on paying reffs to work a event they wont make a big profit on.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 PM #63
DAVE_M

DAVE_M is Legendary
The only way a third party would be able to happen is if :

A) The refs were the same every event.
B) Each field agreed on having those referees ref each tournament.
C) Each ref was under the insurance policy of each field.
D) Each person of staff is prohibited from taking part in the series/league.
E) A set of rules would be agreed upon by each field owner.
ReplyRegional Ups