PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2008, 02:58 AM #1
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

crazy freezing my vibe sucking nuts

ok when I stick a co2 tank in my vibe and put balls in the hopper point at somthing and shoot I can rip through 300 balls without it freezing once but last week I was actually playing with my vibe for the first time (Ive probly shot about 1000 shots through it just testing it out but this is the first time in a game, I was amazed att how well it worked when i was test shooting) I put in the co2 shot a couple times ready to go, I go get ready for the break im shooting running to my bunker take about 15 shots then I notice no balls comming out and the beeping sound like when theres no air, rite before I slide into my bunker im like meh itll shoot again in like 2 seconds so II move up into another bunker then another and I get a good shot at a guy so im like sweet im gona make sure my guns unfrozen first, pull the trigger it goes beep beep beep shot shot im like kay its unfrozen lean out to shoot the guy, beep beep beep lean back in wait 10 or so seconds try again to make sure my guns working befor I lean outa my bunker beep beep beep beep shot shot shot ok its working again lean out to shoot the guy beep beep beep shot beep beep and the shot friggen bounces and the guys team mate comes by and bunkers me and im about ready to snap my vibe over my ****ing knee

ive ****ing typed alot and i hope you read it all theres more

I go fine maybe when i tested my vibe out it was really warm out makeing the vibe freeze less or somthing so i go ok ill just go buy an anti siphoned tank i go get my tank then this weekend i go to try out my vibe again on the anti siphon and its pretty much the exact same stroy as the week before

i think its from when i run liquid co2 gets shaken into the gun thats the only thing i can think of cus when im standing still 200 shots straight full auto is no problem not 1 freeze

so im about ready to throw my vibe off my deck not even jokeing i dont even wanna bother selling it

do not buy a vibe if your planning on useing co2 and if you have hpa why would you buy a vibe?

so in other words dont buy a vibe

Last edited by TrippinBawls : 08-27-2008 at 03:10 AM.
TrippinBawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 AM #2
U-Phorik
Check my quitting sale!

So essentially you're saying, regardless if you use Anti-siphon or not the vibe still freezes? Are you sure you're vibe is correctly set for CO2? When your vibe was freezing were you able to hear it vent? I know sometimes during a game it's hard to hear but try and listen... have you checked to make sure the battery you were using is in good shape and not dead? and just a quick question... why are you using CO2? why not go with HPA? I use HPA in my gun, and I've went through probably about 1000-2000 balls by now, and I have not had one single problem with my gun. Have you recently cleaned your gun, or made any other changes to it... Try a new battery, and a fresh tank of CO2

Please buy my stuff!!
U-Phorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:52 AM #3
Murdox
One With The Gun

List of stuff to do before breaking it:

BATTERY!
Make sure it's in CO2 Dwell
Make sure it's venting, if not then the reg might have an issue

and ... regardless of the level of frustration. Keep the swearing to minimum, not that I care but you could get a few stripes taken off yea
Murdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:11 AM #4
Marduk13

I've never run my Vibe on CO2, but I have had that situation where it will go beep, beep, shoot, beep, beep.

I replaced the battery, and that fixed it.
Crossfire 68/4500, Pure Energy 72/4500 stubbie
JT Flex 7
Marduk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 AM #5
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
The problem is your battery or valve dwell. If you are in HPA mode and have it in full auto, it will do that as well.

Make sure you use a good battery. Duracell or Energizer.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:39 PM #6
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Phorik View Post
So essentially you're saying, regardless if you use Anti-siphon or not the vibe still freezes? Are you sure you're vibe is correctly set for CO2? When your vibe was freezing were you able to hear it vent? I know sometimes during a game it's hard to hear but try and listen... have you checked to make sure the battery you were using is in good shape and not dead? and just a quick question... why are you using CO2? why not go with HPA? I use HPA in my gun, and I've went through probably about 1000-2000 balls by now, and I have not had one single problem with my gun. Have you recently cleaned your gun, or made any other changes to it... Try a new battery, and a fresh tank of CO2
the battery is a fesh duracell its seen like 1000 shots should still be fine yes of course its set for co2 and yes normal or anti siphon it still freezes

and the only reason i got a vibe is for playin on a speedball field we made in the woods and when i play in the woods i only have access to co2 nearest feild is 1.5hr to fill hpa
Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 PM #7
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

i'm 99% sure this is user error. dont flame the vibe because your an idiot and dont know how to use it. 1 problem doesnt mean your gun sucks, and gun whether it be 140 bucks or 1400 can still have problems. why dont u do some research on your marker so u actually know what to do when you have a problem. please do that before you post here again, sucking...i mean trippin bawls.

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:25 PM #8
Sean@smartpartswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBawls View Post
the battery is a fesh duracell its seen like 1000 shots should still be fine yes of course its set for co2 and yes normal or anti siphon it still freezes

and the only reason i got a vibe is for playin on a speedball field we made in the woods and when i play in the woods i only have access to co2 nearest feild is 1.5hr to fill hpa
Selectfire board or semi only?

www.cpxsports.com
Old 08-27-2008, 10:48 PM #9
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
aan310 plays in the APPA D4 division
aan310 supports DLX Technology
maybe the anti siphon was not installed correctally, and it is actually pulling liquid?
do you still have the wedge under the asa in?
that is all i can think of other than what was posted already
aan310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 PM #10
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:

1000 shots is not fresh. Change the battery. Check your dwell. Lube your gun. Calm down.

The Vibe has 3 moving parts, total, including the reg piston and solenoid armature. There really isn't much that can go wrong.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 AM #11
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnaStunna View Post
i'm 99% sure this is user error. dont flame the vibe because your an idiot and dont know how to use it. 1 problem doesnt mean your gun sucks, and gun whether it be 140 bucks or 1400 can still have problems. why dont u do some research on your marker so u actually know what to do when you have a problem. please do that before you post here again, sucking...i mean trippin bawls.
dude i know everything about a gun before I even buy it trust me i do my research
Old 08-28-2008, 03:44 AM #12
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@smartpartswest View Post
Selectfire board or semi only?
I have a select fire board but i have it set to be locked on semi.

ann310:

thats exactly what I was thinking i looked up how to set up an anti siphon tank and I was gona re set it up if thats possible i havent done alot of reasearch on it yet havent got around to it yet but i might decide to take it into a shop so i dont **** it up

but i couldnt figure this out if the anti siphon is setup wrong and sucking pure liquide then they is it then i stand still i can rip 200 straight without a freeze?

and yes i took the wedge out so that the anti siphon tank sits flat
Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 AM #13
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

I think I just fugured out what was wrong

i think that the anti siphon tank isnt set up perfectly so it is sucking in a good amount of liquid

and also when i took the wedge off the macroline that came with the gun was too short so i put on a macroline from another one of my guns and it was abit long so i spun the peice at the bottom of the reg that the line screws into 90 degrees i think ima draw a paint picture..

and i think that stopped the gun from venting properly and with the combination of the sucking of some liquid co2.. equals messed up vibe

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-28-2008, 06:21 AM #14
Sean@smartpartswest

Wow... and I did not think of that. The anti-siphon might be installed incorrectly. I was asking about the semi boar so I know which one you have. Having a semi board guarantees that you should have a good solenoid. Do you have another tank without an anti-siphon you can try to see if it still works?

www.cpxsports.com
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM #15
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

i add a gen.1 vibe and i just had to replace my solenoid after less than 3 cases.

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 AM #16
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
so you purchased the A/S tank alrealy A/Sed... right?
In that case, im almost 100% sure it is not ligning up correctally.
Also, call smart parts and have them send you a longer steel braid hose (they did this for me, no shipping charge either), becasue you should not use co2 with macrolines.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 AM #17
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:

[
This would not prevent venting. You may be kinking your hose, which could starve your marker for air.

Sean, I thought that some of the first gen guns had faulty solenoids, and that QC was improved on the next version. Did you mean that select fire boards guarantee a good solenoid?

Anti-siphon tanks are almost never "messed up". Although it is possible for the inner tube to bend, it is very rare. It is much more likely that you are just not lining the tank up correctly.

Everyone needs to chill out.

EDIT:

On a side note, aan310 is correct in that you shouldn't technically be using Co2 with macroline. I did a bit of poking around at the hardware store, and found some copper tubing with a 1/4 OD. I can't remember the pressure rating, but it was over 1k PSI. Surprisingly it fit pretty nicely in the macroline fittings. Just gotta be sure you debur it nice and good so you don't damage the internal seals.

Last edited by Mespllingesnogud : 08-28-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 PM #18
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@smartpartswest View Post
Wow... and I did not think of that. The anti-siphon might be installed incorrectly. I was asking about the semi boar so I know which one you have. Having a semi board guarantees that you should have a good solenoid. Do you have another tank without an anti-siphon you can try to see if it still works?
yess I was useing a normal tank and had the same problem thats why I ordered the anti siphon
Old 08-28-2008, 03:58 PM #19
TrippinBawls
^Best Photo EVER^

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan310 View Post
so you purchased the A/S tank alrealy A/Sed... right?
In that case, im almost 100% sure it is not ligning up correctally.
Also, call smart parts and have them send you a longer steel braid hose (they did this for me, no shipping charge either), becasue you should not use co2 with macrolines.
yes correct so im gona set it up is this hard has anyone done it, i googled it and it said if you think you can do it you probably can
Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 PM #20
Mespllingesnogud

You don't need to take apart the tank, you need a few tank spacers.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 PM #21
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
id still say have a professional do it and not your self...