PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-29-2014, 10:06 PM #1
PBBlastah

Annual Supporting Member
Cool 09 Impulse Questions

I'm kinda interested in getting an 09 impulse, but I was curious what the parts availability for this marker is...I don't want an expensive paperweight if something goes bad

I was also curious how you guys thought this marker compared to the JT impulse.

Thanks

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...+barrel+covers

Originally Posted by SamBenson
"being broke isnt fun
but being broke because of paintball is"
PBBlastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 PM #2
PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47 is playing at Living Legends VI
PREDATOR 47 is playing at Living Legends VII
PREDATOR 47 is for the Gunfight
PREDATOR 47 supports Empire
I think the 09 Impulse is superior to the JT Impulse. Performance is the same, the JT is definitely lighter and has the OLED, but the 09 has those quirky design features that I think make the marker special. Also, I think the 09 has a better trigger and frame, but that's subjective.

Parts availability is non-existent. O-rings are obviously easy to come by, but if you break a major component you may be SOL. I actually bought a second Impulse just so I'd have some spare parts on hand.

If you're willing to take the risk on having a paperweight but want something unique and somewhat rare, go for the 09. If you want the same performance but a more user-friendly gun, go with the JT.

Also, if you get one and it becomes a paperweight, let me know. I love having spare parts.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:37 PM #3
PBBlastah

Annual Supporting Member
Thank you for your prompt, and informative reply

Now in regards to the 09 impulse being superior, you mean, superior because it has desirable design quirks? If so, could you elaborate on those design quirks?

"being broke isnt fun
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 PM #4
empire pb2
Dont Hate The 918

empire pb2 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
empire pb2 supports Team VICIOUS
empire pb2 posts videos on PbNation
empire pb2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PREDATOR 47 View Post
I think the 09 Impulse is superior to the JT Impulse. Performance is the same, the JT is definitely lighter and has the OLED, but the 09 has those quirky design features that I think make the marker special. Also, I think the 09 has a better trigger and frame, but that's subjective. Parts availability is non-existent. O-rings are obviously easy to come by, but if you break a major component you may be SOL. I actually bought a second Impulse just so I'd have some spare parts on hand. If you're willing to take the risk on having a paperweight but want something unique and somewhat rare, go for the 09. If you want the same performance but a more user-friendly gun, go with the JT. Also, if you get one and it becomes a paperweight, let me know. I love having spare parts.
You can still find SOME parts. But like predator has stated they are hard to find. As long as it's not your main marker you will be fine!
Old 07-30-2014, 12:41 AM #5
AndrewTheWookie
Disciple of the dark side

AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends V
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VI
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VII
I lurve the grip frame and trigger, it's my favorite trigger in any gun I've ever used by far. I love the fact that both regs are in the grip frame, I love the shape/look/feel of the front grip, I love the fact that the valve itself extends out into the "LPR" cap ( ), I love the hinge eye covers, and I love that it's Ion threaded.

The way the feedneck stem attaches to the body sucks beyond belief though.

Also, Predator's a nice guy and wants you to send a paperweight gun to me, he doesn't need it.

WTB Chameleon .50 cal Freak kit

Last edited by AndrewTheWookie : 07-30-2014 at 02:03 AM.
AndrewTheWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 PM #6
PBBlastah

Annual Supporting Member
What do you guys think of this review? Thoughts?

http://www.impulse-owners.com/impulse-talk/naste's-extended-review-on-the-new-jt-impulse/

"being broke isnt fun