PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-09-2009, 11:52 AM #1
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

has been a member for 10 years
Rookie Pitcher Nick Adenhart dies in Hit and Run

Rookie pitcher for the angels, nick adenhart, died in a hit and run car crash just hours after he got finished pitching for the angel.

What a shame and a loss of talent.

Quote:
Adenhart, 22, died after undergoing surgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center spokesman John Murray said.
Adenhart was one of three people killed in the crash early Thursday after pitching in a loss against the Oakland Athletics.
The driver of a minivan ran a red light in Fullerton and hit two cars, including one carrying Adenhart.
Police Lt. Craig Brower said the minivan driver fled the crash scene and was captured a short time later. The driver was arrested and booked for investigation of felony hit-and-run. Details of the accident were first reported by TMZ.com.
A fourth passenger was at the same hospital in critical condition.
Adenhart was the Angels' No. 3 starter, making his season debut Wednesday night. The right-hander earned a spot in the starting rotation on an injury-plagued Angels staff by impressing manager Mike Scioscia late in spring training.
He was born in Silver Springs, Md.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM #2
shiboboo
It's Good to be the King

has been a member for 10 years
I've read that the driver of the minivan was drunk. Either way, RIP Nick Adenhart. Especially as an Angels fan, I've heard about this kid in our farm system for a few years now, so it's like I feel a little attachment to him. My dad woke me up when he saw this story on CNN; needless to say, starts me out in a somber way for today.

My heart, as well as the rest of Angel Nation, goes out to his family.

Black to Blue Cobra G7
shiboboo is offline   Reply With Quote