PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM #1
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Looking for fields that allow tanks

Hello everyone,

Since getting into tanking last year at the request of my real life brother Al Steel. I have found that finding fields to play on within a 1-5 hour drive of where I live in Eastern WV are hard to come by. Many fields have changed their rules regarding tanks and now not many accept them for many different reasons. So where do we go to be apart of it. I do have a local field where I can play any weekend but tanks in general do not come there, or very rare when they show. Assaulting infantry is fun but going against other tanks is a big rush for me. Skirmish, near Hazelton, Pa., only allows tanks at certain games. At their next big game in October tanks are not even allowed. I am willing to travel to other parts of WV, PA, VA, Md, NJ, NY, or Northeast corridor, etc., to play in games with other tanks. It doesnt matter to me what team or side I play with. Us tankers go through alot of expense to get our tanks ready to be on the field. Only playing a couple times a year doesnt make it worth all the effort and expense. Does anyone out there have any insight on potential fields and games that allows tanks. Please advise.

Nelson
aka: Pappy "Gunny" Steel
Cro-Magnum Scenerio Paintball Est 1989
Tank Commander
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 AM #2
Mavrick-EMT

If West Point in New York is not too far, they have large weekend games 2 times a year, one in the spring and the other in the fall where they allow tanks. The next game is the weekend of Sept. 19-21. Look at the threads for the game in the scenario/big game talk for details and contact Guarddog for details. This past spring they had around 600 players and i believe 6 or 7 tanks between the 2 teams.
Mavrick-EMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:43 AM #3
JESTERTLS

Cromagnum Tankerman,

My friend, let me introduce you to Command Decisions Wargames Center in Taylorsville, NC. We should be with in that five hour radius. And CDP is extremly tank friendly. We have players that come from all over the MidAtlantic Region.

www.cdpaintball.com

We are having our big anual scenario November 7th,8th, and 9th. Technicly its two scenarios, the 7th is a MilSim game with a very different rule set then the main game, Fulda Gap 2008. If your interested, www.fuldagap.com

If you need any info on bringing a tank to CDP, or tanking in general, contact Ferg our field owner by email at info@cdpaintball.com or you can give the store a call and talk with our field manager. Hey, sign up on our local forums, and chat it up.

And I feel your pain on not getting to use your tank after building it. For me, I am in between tanks. Hope to have anohter one on the field by hopefully next summer. Our field team's tank corp is currently at four, but we have a few friend tanks that come join us on a regular basis. We're kinda heavy on armor.

Last edited by JESTERTLS : 08-31-2008 at 03:49 AM.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:28 AM #4
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

FULDA GAP Game

Jester,

Thanks for the information on this game and the invite. I'll check with the rest of my team mates and other friends to see if they can fit this on their schedule. If not, if I can I'll do it solo. All I would need when I got there would be a top gunner/navigator which I normally dont have trouble finding. You see our main tank is a two man tank. Years ago we used to travel to Spartansburg, SC to play in the Red Foxx games. I'll send an email to your addy and request more info about the game.

Nelson
aka: Cro-Magnum Tank Commander
Old 08-31-2008, 07:35 AM #5
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

West Point Game

Maverick,

Thanks for the info on the West Point Game. I am currently checking with my team mates to see if we can make it. That weekend may not be good for me because I have another commitment going on in that timeframe.

Thanks again,

Nelson
Team Cro-Magnum
Old 08-31-2008, 07:51 AM #6
ramsfan6239 (Banned)
223 Jr. fire dep.

We have games one a month, we allow tanks at our field.

www.highenergypaintball.com

That's are website, come join our forums!
ramsfan6239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:16 AM #7
JESTERTLS

Nelson, most we ever had was 17 tanks at the MPP event we hosted last season. Now that is a bit more then normal mind you, but we have 75 to 80 acres in play with a couple decent sized open areas and good roads through the woods. Roads have to be good, we employee several large tanks in addition to your standard tanks. Our events are getting larger as we go. We figure around 500 to Fulda Gap. We have pretty good media coverage (FooleyBear normally makes to most of our events to cover it for one of the mags he shoots for) and good industry support as well. Fulda is sponsored by our friends at Tacamo. There will be a few vendors set up as well.

If you can make it down, I dont think you'd be disappointed.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 AM #8
Bat Chap
Bat Chap

Although we are in Florida, You should consider organizing a "tank game", which we would be glad to host. We have 120 acres of which 40 acres are dedicated to camping. Since we are "tankers" ourselves - hellfire- we understand tank requirements, and the play. We would love to have a scenario based on primarily tank play if enough tanks would join in the battle. www.SeriousScenarios.com. We have a combination of open woods and deep woods with trails. Would love to have 20 tanks and 80 ground troups to fight it out. I do not believe anyone has put on a game like this before, where the tanks are the star of the show in a close woods environment. Just a thought
Bat Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:37 AM #9
Bat Chap
Bat Chap

Tank Scenarios

Many tankers have the common problems of finding a game. Why not have a Tank Scenario?
Bat Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:27 PM #10
In_the_woods

We are always looking for more tanks at our field. Unfourtunatley we only have one and we are in Alaska.
In_the_woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:40 AM #11
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

Paintball Asylum, in Louisville, Ky has a really nice scenario field, they allow tanks (I'm the only person with a tank in Louisville). However the field isn't really built for tanks. Some trails are easy to drive through while others are quite narrow. The couse is 100% woods, there arn't an open fields/meados
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:25 AM #12
lukster14
"CupCake"

i gotta say tho, if your into tanking, the best tanking field I have ever seen is West Point... as long as your tank is AWD and doesnt mind mud too muuch

the cadets put on a great show and the tank refs are great. really on the ball
"Lemmaximus Giganticus" #999
I'm "cupcake" the 300 pound ghillie guy
"LOOK OUT, Its Sasquach... oh wait no, its just a fat guy in ghillie" ion 08
"Hmmm angry happy faces... is that supposed to be a contradiction or somthing???"
Proud owner of palmer superstocker PS137, and one of the 1 of 5 "happy" etec2's
and an 08 stars and striped ego
http://www.pbnation.com/feedbackdeta...34418&u=416763 feedback
lukster14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:14 PM #13
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
if your Looking For a Good Tank Game

Waynes Grand Finale In Dec is The Game

Were Talking 1500-2000 plus player

and usally atleast 2-3 tanks on each side

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
jrock0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:44 AM #14
JESTERTLS

You know, from WV he may actually be in the driving range to Bear Claw Paintball in TN... Bear Claw is a Tank Field. Known for armor.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 PM #15
kratos 666

battlefront paintball

Battle front paint allows tanks at their field at least once a month they have many big games about once a month or every other month it is in Hubbard ohio about hour and a half from Pittsburgh
kratos 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:09 PM #16
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

from what i understand, paintball adventure park here in maryland,allows tanks. im sure you would have to talk to the owner first, but from what i hear, they like tanks. i am working with a couple employees and some friends to start building a tank soon. but either way, you should come out to the field sometime.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 AM #17
voodoo27909
Team SoVa- XO

SplatBrothers paintball near Richmond, Virginia. 96 acres of tank friendly enviroment. Their 26 hour events normally have a few tanks running around.

Command Decissions is by far your best bet within the parameters you have described. That place is tank "heaven". Negotiable trails, large areas to get the tanks in and out of...and...they have one HUGE open field with gently rolling hills where ALOT of tanks slug it out in the open for all to see. Definately one of the best, and best managed fields I have been to with ample parking, mixed terran enviroments, and well located in field re insertion/hospital zones.
voodoo27909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM #18
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Tank Play

Hello everyone,

I havent checked this site much since I posted last season. So I missed a number of your great ideas on where to play. I so much would like to take a road trip once a month or so and check out all the fields so mentioned. My schedule so far this season isnt set. But, I do plan on going to Skirmish and playing in the Stalingrad game in March. I have been asked to play with the Russians but who knows at this point whom I'll play with. I have heard of the Splatbrothers game in April and want to play it. However I heard in order to play there I would need liability insurance on the tank which I dont have. In WV where I live liability insurance is very expensive. My tank is a converted riding lawnmower and of course wasnt a street vehicle with a VIN. Perhaps if someone from Splatbrothers sees this post they will advise me on any requirements. I hope to see more posts within the next few months on where we tankers can go and play. The idea someone made of a big tank game would be fun. I could probably set one up at a local field here called North Mt Paintball, Gerradstown, WV (roughly 2hr drive from Baltimore, Md) sometime this summer if we can get some participants. This field is very friendly to tanks. It has large open fields, woods, villages, & forts that are tank user friendly. So if there is any interest in a tank game I'll get with the field owner to see if we can set something up.

Nelson
Team CroMagnum Armor & Scenerio
Old 01-24-2009, 02:11 AM #19
JESTERTLS

Insurance: We had a big discussion on this over at PBJunkie.com. Dead by Dawn has theirs insured through Nationwide by off road ATV insurance.

And the Blackhearts are using Progressive for at least one of their tanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 AM #20
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Save up ypour money and come and join one of the three armor
units the Allies will be fielding this year at the Oklahoma D_Day
event.

June 8th-14th, with the main event on Sat, 13 June. You'll be
amazed at how many miles of roads you'll have to run on, not to
mention how many Germans there'll be, just watch out for their
anti-tank group, cause they're very dedicated.

Need more details, click onto the main site www.oklahomadday.com
Still got questions, drop me a line or give my office a call.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 PM #21
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Oklahoma D Day Game

Thanks for the invite to this game. However Oklahoma is a rather long trip from the part of WV I live in. I would have to take off from work a week or so just for the round trip. But who knows. I could get adventurous at sometime and head west. Just dont schedule a game in tornado season. I am currently planning to play at Skirmish - Invasion of Stalingrad, Splatbrothers, Richmond, in April, NJ Nam in May. Perhaps a field in Frederick MD, in which I live near. Thinking about other games in West Point & Fulga Gap in NC. Even a few other local games. I have a number of games to consider. I appreciate all of your alls help. BTW, I have played against some really good German tank teams at Skirmish. Looking forward again to playing against or with them at the next Skirmish big game in March.

Nelson
Team CroMagnum Armor