Old 08-26-2008, 12:31 AM #1
paintballistheshiz
Leggo My Ego

paintballistheshiz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballistheshiz is for the Gunfight
paintballistheshiz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballistheshiz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
brittle paint help

okay so i just got a pm6 and it shoots great with reballs, just testing it at home. But when I brought it to the field I was shooting really brittle paint and am going to be for a while casuse i bought a lot of it., and the gun was chopping a ton. So I was wondering what do I have to do to the gun to make it nicer on paint. I know it has to do with adjusting the dwell and LPR. But i wasnt sure wat to put them up. I think im supposed to up the dwell and lower the lpr?? is that right and if so HOW DO I LOWER THE LPR?? do i turn the screw in or out?? thanks
paintballistheshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
It's a gas through piston regulator design, so you would need to adjust the screw in to reduce the LPR pressure.

As for the other part of the question, it really depends on how your marker is tuned currently - for instance, if you are already emptying all the the air in your bolt kit each cycle, and running the the minimum pressure to get full velocity, then no amount of additional dwell will let you run lower operating pressures. Long story short, your dwell can only be so long, and your pressure so low, before it stops having any effect.

If on the other hand you can reduce your pressure, and compensate for the loss of velocity by increasing dwell, then yes, that should be easier on your paint.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote